Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2002-3 Division 2 Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One would think that Div 1 CAT is reserved for teams in Premier that have a CAT system in place... If there are not enough teams then Div 1 teams with a CAT system would fill in the holes.

The only way a CAT team can "go up" is if the team they are feeding gets promoted.

That's the way I understand it and it makes sense under the system but then again, this is the VMSL so my thoughts are probably moot :rolleyes:

Cheers,

~Regs.

KID #11

Apr 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who would've thought

Hey keeper,
bet you didn't think Sikh Temple would be only 1 point behind you guys alomost half way through the season. Makes things a little more interesting in the div.2 cat.

:wa: kid#11

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 Cat

As I understand it, Div 1 Cat spots go first to Premier clubs/teams. Any remaining slots could be filled by Cat Teams to Div. 1 teams. For example, Argentina has no CAT team so that spot I believe is filled by Norvan who also have a team in div 1. AC Milan has no CAT team so that spot is filled by someone else, etc.

The VMSL want every Premier team to have a CAT team and then it will be closed to the application process from teams in Div. 1 who have a CAT team.

The fact that players in Div. 1 CAT aren't playing for promotion/relegation is an issue with some of my guys, but when we were booted out of Clan Alumni, it was find a team that wanted our team to be their CAT team or disband.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although the excellent site has Club I losing to Temple. the word we got yesterday was that the match had been abandoned due to a brawl started by S.T.

We'll know more tommorrow at training.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky.....

I actually watched the last 25 minutes of the game with Club I. all over Temple without a doubt. With about less than 5 to go Temple's front runner went up for a head ball and collided heads with a defender. ...that's the word I got because I did not see the actual play myself. A "brawl" may be an over exaggeration I think because there was no fighting going on.......only swearing amongst players and fans. I talked to the ref after the game but he claims he saw nothing himself.........he told me that the Club I. sideline was accusing one of our guys who did not even play due to a suspension and wearing street clothes....go figure.....anyways, we'll see what the league says about this matter.

Hard Ballz:confused:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kid #11,

Indeed I am surprised! I'd be interested in seeing your lot play again -- you've done well get on track and catch up. Or, rather, we've done poorly to slow down. Either way, it's make the top half of CAT A reasonably exciting. I wouldn't mind watching your game against the 'Lomas this weekend -- definately the MOTW. Feel free to tie them for us.

Interested parties,

I find it amusing that this abandoning situation has reared its ugly head again at a S.T. match (same team, as well). The Rangers/S.T. match was called a few minutes short due to fighting (i.e. pushing & shoving, "you're mamma . . .", blah, blah, blah) as well. I wonder if the league will take this into consideration. Kid #11, Hardballz: what's with you guys?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper....

Banging heads!!!! The guy starts bleeding and it's considered a brawl! I don't know what game they were watching!

Hard Ballz

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently someone from Temple punched Iain MacIntyre.

They probably didn't like his most recent article in the Sun.

If this is true then maybe next time they should try punching his brother Dougie. He's much more game for a punch-up.:D

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky....and... Keeper......

Jinky....I don't want to cause a big scene or anything especially not knowing what exactly happened, but is it possible that when the players went up for a head ball the players hand or elbow may have struck him:confused: .......guys do go up like that. Just a possibility:rolleyes: .

Keeper...don't get all carried away thinking it's a one sided affair. These are just stories I'm hearing as well as Jinky. This is the first year Temple has had a cat team and I'm just getting to know some guys. I'm sure these guys aren't going out looking for a scrap because it does take two to tangle .....correct? The other opposition must be saying something or it could be a dirty tackle or something to start the fuse. I'm not saying we're the cleanest team but I did see our forwards taking some uncalled elbows to the head while going up for a head ball in the game . BTW, this so-called "brawl" had none of that "mama" , "pushing" or "shoving" stuff at all.

I don't want to sit here and whine or talk trash back and forth because it's pointless.......it's in the leagues hands and I'm sure they will sort something out.

hardballzhopingtobeapartofjohnmcintyre'snextarticleinthesun

Hard Ballz:mad:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooops,

It was John McIntyre who was a pseudo-enforcer for the Canuckleheads. My fcuk-up.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After what I heard tonight, this "situation" may not only be in the hands of the league, but may also be in the hands of the law.

I'm not going to slag Hardballz here because he has already stated that he didn't actually see the incident in question. I certainly didn't either but I choose to believe what I heard tonight, mostly because our CAT team are not dirty in the least.

Here is what I heard, there was no clash of heads. A Temple player lost it after a fair tackle and threatened to kill a young Club I player. The play was stopped while John "the worst referee ever" had a talk with the S.T. sideline. Iain McIntyre tried to calm the guy down and got his head split open for stiches by a punch from this clown.

The match was not abandoned, our coach pulled the team off the field when he saw that John had completely lost control.

As Captain Balaclava would say, "Shock-ing"

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tackles

I friggin' hate people who take tackles personally. Maybe 1 out of 10 is personal, but a lot of players seem to think that every time someone touches them, it is like a slap to the face ...

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tackle rage

It's getting worse every year. "Apres Tackle Rage" is becoming more common. It's too bad really. I'm sure alot of it has to do with ref's not controlling the game from the start. Maybe one of the reasons why so many teams leave the VMSL to find other leagues to play in?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist...

Therapist, I think you said it bang on the money! The ref has to control it from the get go. The more he lets go the worse it's going to get.

Teelay....I don't think as many people are ticked off getting tackled but it's the way some people come in. If it's clean that's fine but I'm sure nobody wants a serious injury and sit out :rolleyes: .

Hard Ballz

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tackles

I've seen people go in clean but hard on tackles recently and the guy gets up and acts like it was a serious crime. I think it also has to do with the fact that there are too many pussy-boys out playing soccer these days who can't handle a good tackle.

One of the things that embarasses me so much about soccer is the flakes who go down faster than Hastings Street whores. I used to play rugby and have friends who play rugby who say that soccer lacks all credibility in their minds because of the number of pussies out there. I wish refs would give more cards to guys who pretend to be seriously hurt, but who will hop up and trot off once the free kick has been awarded.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama hates it when the referee always calls the foul against the bigger opponent. When two guys go shoulder to shoulder, invariably, the smaller, weaker one will be pushed off the ball...and usually will fall...resulting in a free kick to the smaller, lighter player.

I know many NK boys will empathize with me...and probably the Mickster too. Any other boys feel discriminated because of their heavier physiques?

Boycs

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tackles

I have to say that what annoys me the most is when the tackle is made, illegally or legally, and the fouled player leaps up and berates the ref anyway. You got the bloody foul, get on with the game, and stop begging for the yellow, what good does it do you if some other guy picks up a yellow?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
beraters

Agreed - those guys who always complain are always at the losing end of the ref's whistle. I wonder why they've never figured it out.

It should be like in rugby - if you start bitching the ref out, you spend time in the sin bin or your team gets a penalty (free kick). I'm sure that would shut some guys up in a hurry.

On the flipside, I hate it when refs refuse to talk to team captains. What's the use of having a captain, if he can't talk to the ref and question a call?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lone tumbleweed rolls across the TTP Div. 2 forum.

(Watcher mistakes it for something else and smokes it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0