Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Nations Cup

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Germany for the win.

Nations cup was a blast to play in eventhough I am absolutely shattered.

I'd also like to congratulate our guys for a great run.
I believe alot of people were kind of shocked to see alot of unrecognizable faces on our squad but at the same time the
mixture of our old and young guys was a pleasant surprise!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now What

Congrats to Germany...

Nations Cup was a blast to play in...
To the I-Tals, sorry I couldn't be there for the final to cheer you guys on. It was a nice run...

But now that it is over....whats next?

What are we going to talk about???

We need a tourney, fast!

Cheers
Super-Pippo

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MVP

John,

Who won the tourney MVP/Golden Boot? I know I was there but I was probably having a meaningful conversation with someone, consequently missing the announcements.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
beer garden

Subterfuge,

I agree, there are not enough teams hanging around to enjoy a little chit-chat, and slop in the beer garden. Where are you I-ties, Carbi, African, Portuguese, ect, after the games?

It's all being taken a little to serious, if you ask me..:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MVP

Captain,

I know that Mike Evans (England) won the golden boot! I believe he had 7 by the end of Saturday........

As for the MVP of the tourny I think I missed something there........I saw Aaron Zader(sp) go and receive an award (not the team trophy) and was seen with a plaque or something afterwards but can't believe that he would have won tourny MVP! I know he didn't start all of the games and the little bit that I saw he certainly didn't stand out! Maybe there is a top defender award or game MVP or something but then again I didn't see any other individual awards handed out.......

I believe the organizers pick that award and it can't be easy, but it should be taken very serious! As the best tourny around it is quite an honour to be named MVP! My suggestion would be each game an MVP is picked and the guy with the most picks wins it! Obvious the teams in the finals will have more oppertunities to win which is where the MVP usually comes from. Any other thoughts?

Cheers,

John

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MVP

Good points, John. Have you located my keys yet?

I don't even know the fellow you were referring to. From what I saw, Marcus Felderer(Nuke) would have been a worthy winner. He was solid against us and he scored that cracker in OT to knock England out.

I know it may be difficult but I think the 3 officials should select one player from each team as the game MVP, then you can add the tallies. It seem fairly logical.....

P.S. Have you heard anything about my missing keys?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Did you get my "private message"?

Again I am not 100% sure that Aaron won MVP but I don't know of another award?

Did you get my "private message"?

John

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the wind was knocked out of my sails. I was about to embark on an I-Tie pisstaking bash of a post based on Mr. Coppertone's comments when Zaurrini and Jimmy Holiday post in a most tactful and diplomatic way.

Oh well, next time and I am sure there will be a next time.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Please do not let me stop you from bashin Mr Coppertone.

After re-reading what Holliday wrote, I think I may get sued for plagiarizm.

Owl

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to leave early, so I didn't see our boys lose to the Germans. Jonesy, what the Hell went wrong?

What's that? ... You missed a target man up the front? ;)

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I don't care about getting any respect from you guys but the fact is we don't ever get any. As you can read I was only stating a fact.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MVP

Aaron Zader DID win the MVP, I don't know if we had finalised that yet !!??

Cheers, Mackers.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the beer garden,i was in there right after our semi fianl win
sipping on a cold one.
So stop pissing on us I ties for not being there,I made a brief appearance!?!

Sorry about not attending the festivities afterward,but as I said before,I was absolutely shattered.It's been a long time since I actually played 5 games in 2 days!
Nowhere near my top physical shape!
Come to think of it,when am i actually in shape?

WAB
Where are you?
You still haven't figured out this new thread yet have you!
Good game yesterday,was that you that tapped in the second goal?
Next year,Itals or Germany?
Pizza!!!!!!!!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you, Regs!

We finally win after 20 years.

This how most of the Germans felt for so many years:
:D :D :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :( :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :( :mad: :( :eek: :confused: :eek: :( :confused: :D .

That smile thing is great!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, after being at the NC and reading all the post NC postings I've come to a couple of conclusions:

1. Nuke should have been the MVP (and he is pissed off-calls me at 11pm Sunday)

2. The NC bookie owes me $60000

3. The best team won the whole dam thing. Period.

4. Although I'm not a huge beer drinker, the beer garden was a blast. I had a great time talking to the Captain. The chicks couldn't keep their hands of the winners. Sean Flynn destroyed the Germany team cup, and then decides to throw it over the fence. The organizers piss on the Germans for destroying the cup and an argument breaks out. Classy, boys.

5. Talk about no respect. Give it to Germany.

6. We took the piss out of Italy, deserved to beat Engerland (they couldn't defend us and we had the vast majority of the possession), and we beat a tough Ireland team without Kent or Kenny Antalov.

7. Nuke scores the touney's best goal; How painful was that to watch for Engerland supporters? Jonesy scores the tourney's best goal; brilliant free kick against Germany. But.....

8. Jonsey pisses off the Germans with 'THE LOOK' at the German net after he scores....not a smart move....that motivated us.

and...

9. The best team won. No doubt about it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
last years Semi finalists

John,

You have it all wrong.

The 2000 semifinalists were

India 1 Germany 0
England 3 - Ireland 2 (PK)

As for next year, the ranked teams will be....
Germany
Italy
England
Canada
And there are going to be some Groups of Death.....
Ireland
Scotland
India
They all have to be put somewhere.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joke of the Tournament

CHINA

After hiring that cagy vet, Carl Valentine, czar of the Whitecaps, hero of the free world, king of Vancouver soccer, loved by all....and then training for 3 MONTHS!!!! All to get ready for the NC; China loses 7-1 to Scotland, 5-1 to England, and 2-1 to Africa.

0-3-0 0 Points GF 3 GA 14

Congratulations, Carl and China.....you have made great progress.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best goal

Nuke's goal was brilliant BUT Dave Rosalind(sp?) hit a full volley directly from a corner that split the crossbar and goal post. Absolute cracker. There were a lot of nice goals which is always good for the punters.

I definitely enjoyed the beer garden festivities and it was nice to see Whataboutbob, 5 big toes, Mrs. Ballbaby's husband, and even Thriller Miller. :)

Captain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0