Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Nations Cup

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pissah!

Great beer garden moment;

In the midst of a conversation involving The Captain, Miller, Brian Kerr and myself, an incredibly hairy England O-40 joined the chat, ...out of nowhere and without missing a beat, the Captain introduces himself to him by saying,

Ah, Austin Powers, nice to meet you, I'm Stevie Burns.

Truly wonderful.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davie Rosland's Goal

Captain,

Didn't see it but I heard all about it, but since I didn't see it, I can't comment on it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sports Town World Cup

During the NC, Sports Town was trying to hype their own indoor WC.

$3000 to the winner, but it costs $100 per game, there is a preliminary round between 'national club teams' just to see who represents your country, and then the tournament starts.

Basically, you end up spending $2000 just for the chance to win it all. Hmmmmmm.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Sportstown has tried to run a similar tourney this past winter season and made a big hipe about it, and there new facility. I will say that there facility is nice and a great job, but as far as the tourney itself that was the shambles. We payed or entrance fee and were told that there were at least 5-6 teams in the tourney and then when it came time to play we notice that there were 2 sportstown teams, and one young langley squad. Basically we rotated and played the same teams for a while until we decided to ask for our money back, which they gave. Saying all this, they are doing a lot more for advertising for this event as well the facility has been up for a bit and we will have to wait to see what happens and who enters???

Cheers
JB

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star Studded Beer Garden

Jinky , Austin Powers wasn't the only celebrity at the garden. The Captain and I had the pleasure of chatting with Sean Connery. If you could avoid the spit, it was quite a treat.

5BT, nice to see you. Hopefully next year we can team up again. We also gave Scotland a good run but they definately were the class of the over 30's.

Great time in the Garden on Sunday!

Gazza

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gazza

Gazza, nice to see you found the registration icon. Wouldn't be TTP without you.

Nice seeing you again this last weekend. I also enjoyed seeing the elder Gazza. Very dignified as usual.

Missed Danny Burns however.

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby

Balls, I believe Gaz Sr put in a solid 12 hour shift on Sunday. He loves the tourney. Although I think he arrived home to a cold Sunday dinner sitting on the table.
Danny was there on Saturday but I think he went over to his Maine Island retreat on Sunday. I'm sure the Captain will confirm that (if he ever finds his keys).
Good to see you Ballbaby.
Gazza. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes

Jinky,

That just seemed like the right thing to say at the time. I noticed you and Thriller had to walk away and Austin didn't even notice. You must have been an integral part of our conversation.

Gazza,

Yes, it was a pleasure seeing Belfast's version of Sean Connery. I am currently thinking of an invention for next year's beer garden. Sunglasses with wind screen wipers. They would be very important for future discussions with Mr. Connery.

Balls,

I am confirming that Danny Boy was there all day Saturday but went over to Maine(sp?) Island with my Mum and oldest daughter. This had been planned for awhile.

Overall, a tremendous Sunday beer garden.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge Sunday

Gazza,

Nice to see you and Gaz Sr. It always brings back fond memories of the good old Club Ireland days.

Nice to see Danny Burns as well. I always have a great time at the Nations Cup.

My pleasure to play with the Gaz!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best eyes at the tourney

I know I only said it once or twice at the tournament, but Besty's bird(whose name escapes me at this time) had the nicest eyes at the tourney. Well done, Besty.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with the Captain

Oh my, I am going to have to agree with the Captain. She's a pretty gal which leads me to ask why she would be interested in another pasty white Scotchman who burns in the sun. One of life's great questions.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best's pal

Besty, I was in Starbucks the other day and the guy who reffed your game against England gave me his card to give to you. It wasn't a yellow one either. I think he wants to be your friend. I told him that although I don't know you very well, that I was sure that you would love to go out for a pint with him.

Was I correct in my assumption? ;)

L

limey

I thought that soccer Teams in the Nations cup played some good stuff, but I wish the teams were limited to only playing for the country that they were born in or their parents born in, there were more Englishman than Irishman on the Irish Team.
Does anyone know what the rules are for registering a player for a country in the Nations tourney ?

:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See other thread

The other thread will hopefully answer this. Sorry, TB. It will be place in the appropriate thread from now on.

I just ate a fcuking onion in my pizza. Bastards.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey subterfuge,

what is wrong with onions on your pizza?

Isn't there a thread where you can boost about your food dislike and likes

:D

cheers
JB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate onions

J_B,

There would be too many items under the foods that I dislike. I am a simple man in all aspects of life.

Well done on an excellent tournament by the way. Hopefully, I will see you in the green/hoops of Ireland next year too, assuming I am talking to the right J_B......

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the simple man!

subterfuge,

You are talking to the right JB, and thanks. It's tougher than it looks when you have to cover for regs all the time trying to give the other team the ball several times inside the 18 yrd box. Hey I am awaiting the tourney for next year, probably one of the best tourney's in the year, a close second to the Osyosso Tourney on the august long weekend.

Cheers
JB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And here I was thinking about posting how much it was a pleasure to play on the pitch with a younger player who has the right attitude to be really good...

You're playing in Premier this year right?

~TBwhoiscallingLeitchyforsomesixes.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0