Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Nations Cup

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TB, you suck

Yes, we're all wondering what happened tonight. Thriller Miller went home, as did Tipsy McStaggerty. The Captain went home with a smile on his face and everyone else doing okay. Right Mickey? Talk to you soon lakds. Talk to you soon.

I am fcuking hammered.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously

Congratulations to England and Canada for making to the semis, and of course Germany and Italy for making to the final. I must admit that I didn't see a minute of the final, so how was the game?

John,

Who would I contact about locating a lost set of keys? There are 3 keys attached to a simple ring. If you could find out, please e-mail me. Thanks.

:confused:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Good to meet you yesterday and congrats on a good tourney.

5bigtoes,

Thanks again for giving me a run, I was looking forward to just watching all weekend but am glad I got a chance to play. Scotland was great but I thought we still played well and had a chance to win, thanks again.

Congrats to Germany for the win and Italy for making it to the final.

Cheers, Mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it doesn't look too good with my flag and posting about playing with England, I took some flack about it yesterday, let me tell you. I don't feel that bad about it as I do have English relatives !!

Cheers, Mackers.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to all the semi finalists and especially to Germany! They beat some very good teams to get to the finals and were the better team against Italy.

Captain,

I will talk to the lost and found executive for the tourny and get you his contact number...........but it might take a few extra days after your kind coments towards my team:(

Cheers,

John

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
disappointed

John,

I was very disappointed that I got no response to my jabbering last night. All in good fun and to be honest, I only saw about 10 minutes of your game against Fiji and that was it. I didn't even see Italy play so my comments were MOOT. Thanks for checking for me. Talk to you soon.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Feel free to say anything you want about Canada (we were not ranked in anyone's predictions yet made it to the Semi's). However, I may have to retract my glowing reviews of your refing. Maybe Steve Miller was correct in his assessment of your officiating. jk

Willy;)

wondersiftheCaptainevenrecallsthatconversationintheBeergarden;)

Congrats to Germany. As has been said several times, definitely the better team in the final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What conversation?

Willy,

As I stated, I meant nothing with my comment. I didn't see either team play enough to make a reasoned decision. :)

I was wondering about the seedings though. Is it the final four teams that get seeded? If so, why were Germany and Ireland in the same group. I think Germany lost in the semis last year (?) and we lost to England.

As for our discussion, you'll have to fill me in. I had so many meaningful conversations yesterday that it is tough to remember them all. :D

Who is Steve Millar?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thriller was critiquing my reffing?

P.S.

I don't think this Miller guy you refer to has ever seen me ref so all his comments must be MOOT :)

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I will say this Germany played well but, the Ref blew the game for us not making that call on the second goal when the German guys clearly ran over our goalie. I think the game would have been a little different if the call was made. Not to make any excuses they won and deserved the win.

The officiating through out the tourney was horrible. If anyone out there can tell me what a hand ball is please tell me cause I saw a lot of them and none where called. Maybe I don't know what a hand ball is.

I will say this to all the Scots and English guys, the I-ties were there the whole weekend even "SUNDAY".

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that Super Pippo I saw playing for the I-ties?

I thought he was scotish?

The tourney organisers really need to clamp down on people playing for countries they have no background in...

~TB.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone,

Your keeper fcuked that goal up, not the ref! The ball was 3 feet over his out stretched hands and if anything he fouled the German.......if there hadn't been someone else there to tap it in it probably should have been a spotter!

Well done making the finals and it would have been nice to chat with some of you but I don't there was a single Italian in the beer gardens:( at any point of the tourny!

Captain,

Last years semi's were India vs Fiji, England vs Ireland.

John

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the guys on the I-tie team were italian. As for other teams, take a look at the Portuguese they had Sal Cuccione and Greg St. German. Take a look at those teams before you start carving the I-ties. Why would we need a scot on our team. They didn't even make it through to the semis.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't Ireland and Germany been seeded in the same group for at least the last 3 years straight?

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone,

Grow a fcuking thicker skin...

It would go well with your skull.

~TBwhothinkssomeI-tieshaveachipontheirshoulderforsomereasonoranother.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Pull your head out of your ass. No one like the itailians. No one give us any respect. When we played the defending champs everyone counted us out. Everyone said we were going to lose. We didn't we beat them and then went on to the finals were nobody thought we would be. so why don't you give your head a shake

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imagine

Imagine having players on your team who aren't the proper nationality.......

John,

Thanks. That is who I thought played in last year's semi finals. Someone told me yesterday that they were sure Germany was there, so I was just checking.

Any word on the missing keys?

Captain who is missing his keys

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Last year Germany was in a group with Canada and...........we didn't play the Irish so that must have been the one time in recent memory that you haven't been in the same group! Got to admit some teams have played one another a lot more than others in recent years......we haven't played England or Scotland in at least 4-5 years but play Fiji and the Carib. each year it seems.

John

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RESPECT

Rodney Dangerfield,

Quit whining about respect. Respect is something that is earned. If this makes you feel better.

"Italy shook up the world by making to the finals. The Italians finally showed that they are the best players in the lower mainland. Despite losing in the final, the skill and passion which has not been present in many Italian teams of the past, was obvious to punters on the sidelines. The precision of the passing........ You get the idea.

BTW,

How come no Italians came into the beer garden? Having said that, there were a lot of teams who avoided it. Africa/Caribbean/Latin America to name a few......

IgetnorespectCaptain

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Respect

I could not care less if you guys gave us no respect. The fact is we made it to the final we played well but not well enough to win. We did show all of you guys that the italians can play with anyone.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0