Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Nations Cup

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hail, Hail

Current member of the CSC @ Port Moody Legion, been to the Croatian cc for a few games, considering changing over, will talk to J. Ward.

Looking forwardto the tourney tomorrow, missed it last year. We all know it will be a great w/e of footy. I will put my money, i mean Guinness on Ireland, that is if I have not drank it all before the final
Go EIRE Go.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been Puerto Moody from the start but I caught a few mid-week games at the Croatian Cultural Centre this year and will definitely be joining the Shamrock club this year. Much closer to Kits.

I believe the Captain has been threatening to join it as well.

Yours in Henke,

~ Jinky.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK's un-educated picks for the weekend.

Open Div

Italy 3/1
India 7/2
England 4/1
Portugal 5/1
Ireland 5/1
Scotland 5/1

Longshot: Figi 100/1

O-30's

Ireland 3/1
Scotland 4/1
England 5/1
Greece 5/1

Longshot: First Nations 25/1

O-40's

Croatia 2/7

Everybody else is a longshot.:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei Hanson's Nations Cup Heroes of the Day:

1) Fil "Super Pippo" Zaurinni, Italy - for his outstanding 2 goal performance against India in the late game Saturday evening. Pippo was cool as a cucumber potting two clinical tallies in true ICSF striker form, keeping the Italians in contention for the group championship come Sunday. You da man, Fil.

2) Andrew Riopel, Africa - for playing a key part in the shocker hear 'round Hugh Boyd park....Africa's stunning 3-2 upset over heavily favoured Scotland. The tartan army was silenced for most of the match......You're not singing, you're not singing, you're not singing anymore......until tomorrow, that is.....

3) Bryan Wevers, Germania - for physically assaulting a teammate after scoring the game-winning goal against Ireland in the Saturday mid-day match. Despite tossing the winning-goal scorer to the turf, Wevers turned in a clinical performance for the Germanians, spurring on a 2-goal comeback after Craig Chaisson gave Ireland the lead midway through the first half.

4) Rob Hall, Caribbean - For potting the goal of the day, a cracking 25-yard shot with the outside of the right peg. The shot sailed into the top right hand junction of the net, eluding a sprawling Latin American keeper who simply could not keep the rocket shot out of the mesh.

5) The Apprentice, Italy - For turning in two solid performances despite the lack of junta floating around the Richmond area. He's not a beer guy.

6)Alvin Prasad, Fiji - For being able to take really, really, really long throw-ins that seem to confuse the opposition. And for being able to score a lot of free beer. Way to go, Papa.

7) Mike Evans, Engerland - For scoring goals at will against Africa and China. Looks to have the goal-scoring title in his back pocket heading into tomorrow's crucial matchup with Ecosse.

- Sensei out.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New odds for the open div.

I-tals 7/2
England 4/1
Ireland 7/1
India 7/1
Scotland 8/1
Africa 9/1
Ireland 9/1
Deutchland 9/1
Africa 11/1

Everbody else....save your money.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nations Cup

Sore legs after running around all day. Big day tomorrow. Great to see all the usual suspects in the beer garden.

Great job on the site ~Regs~

5bt

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

You forgot Goat of the Day... whom I nominate... myself. After all the co-ed I've been playing I think I forgot that I can't dribble at will. I knew I couldn't run but that's another matter altogether...

5Bigtoes,

Welcome back :) Have we ever met? Feel free to introduce yourself in the garden today... there may be a free pint in it for you depending on how many free tokens I manage to scrounge up :)

@all,

Sensei didn't mention our scores... 3-0 over Poland and a 2-1 loss to Germania... apparently Ireland can still go through with a win vs Portugal today and a loss by the Germans to Poland...

~averyburntTB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
beer garden

TB,

There will be a few tokens available after our game(s).

5 Big Toes,

I saw your lovely wife and your monster(in terms of size) of a son. Whitney said he was only 11? Potential basketball star? It certainly looks like it..... Hopefully, I will see you in the Garden today before I peak.....

Whataboutbob,

Congrats on the win. We fell apart for about 10 minutes and you guys capitalized very well. Overall, a good game plan, and you didn't play the boring style that was played in 1999. Good luck today. All we want you to do is lose to Poland by no more than 2 goals. Thanks. Hopefully, we'll see you for a beer too.

For that matter, I hope to see everyone for a beer today...

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

I'd still like to know if you got the activation email but in the meantime, I've moved your account into the regular members group (ie, you can now post)... same goes for Max Blink...

~TB.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the hlel won

Come on, somebody must know who won. Couldn't make it out there today. Need updates of the scores?:confused:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

The Final result ws:

Germany 3
Itlay 0

The score was not indicative of the play. Germany score when they had their chances and Italy didn't.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as the Open div, well done Germany! As far as the Over 30's, I hope Greece pulled through. So . . . . Ballbaby, what's the story? Did Turrellopolous and Moorinidis help the cause?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nations Cup

What a day:D

England o30's had a great weekend of soccer. Getting back to the final was a little more difficult. How the fcuk can we beat the Scottish machine:confused:

~Regs~,

Sorry I did not meet you in the Beer Garden where most of us English o30's refuel for games. Maybe at the next tourney:D

In the beer garden I was speaking with Steven Burns for a while by the rest of the swillin Irish soccer players.

Subterfuge,

You are right my wife is lovely and my son is a monster, in more than one way at times. He likes basketball but loves the game of the summer, Baseball.

It's always a pleasure to see all the faces of soccer out at Hugh Boyd on this weekend, Old and Young, renewing and making great friendships. Thanks Richmond Olympics and Shriners for the great, great time at the park with all the lads.

5btjustlovinthenewcommunity

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another year gone.

Turrellopolis and Moorinidis definately helped, no doubt, but there was no stopping the Scottish O'30's. I truly believe that they were the team of the tourny. They were the only team we lost to and that score was 3-0.

I am very thankful that I get to play with the majority of them instead of against them other than for this weekend. Different class. Having said that, I am very pleased with the attitude our team exhibited. It's a great tournament.

I finally got to put the faces to some of the names of my fellow pisstakers. Willy, mackers, john, to name a few. Then there is the old regulars at this tourny, some pisstakers, some lurkers, and there will be some new additions who happened to be listening to us talk about this site referring to our handles. I swear they think we belong to some kind of wacky cult. This is the only time I wished I picked a different handle other than "ballbaby".

The Captain was in fine form. Witty, debonair, you know...... king of the beer garden. At least that was when I left but I can only imagine where this ended up. This comes up every year and every time I am talking to the Captain, but it is no secret that my wife finds the Captain attractive. I do believe the feeling is mutual. As a result, I often find myself having to role play in the bedroom to enhance our sex life. So, I often pretend I am the Captain to stimulate Mrs. Ballbaby. It's not easy. I have to walk with a limp and have a slight drool dripping from the corner of my mouth. But, hey, if it turns the ole gal on, well, you gotta do what you gotta do! One good thing about role playing as the Captain is that I don't have to perform for very long. I got to thinking, and I mentioned this today at the beer garden,...one of my kids is a little slow in the head, has green eyes, great ball skills, and I'm beginning to wonder, ...you know the rest.

Another year gone by and the next year we play in this tournament we will all be one year older. The O'40's match was very good. Good soccer with some great players. I wonder if any of the young players realize the quality of players that were out there. Believe me, time is passing very quickly, and I still remember playing in this tourny as a young player. Seems like yesterday, but it isn't.

Greece's open team went undefeated, 2 wins and one tie. They, like Fiji missed out on goal differential. 1 goal to be exact. They played very well and should hold their heads up high. Great stuff!

Congratulations to Germany.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am absolutely pissing myself here... Balls, that is truly one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time !

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Germania.

Nuke had a cracking golden goal in the semi IMHO... guess I didn't kick him hard enough on Saturday :)

I left the beer garden at around 4:00... seemed kinda empty. Did it "pick" up?

~TB.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~Regs~

Too bad you left at 4. It did indeed pickup as the finals ended the crowds grew and grew. The wobbly pops where tasty too..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sue is only human

Ballbaby,

You truly can't blame Sue. She is only human. Not much else to say. Do your best and I couldn't ask for more.

As for the tourney, we were the class of the tourney. We had an eight minute lull and it killed us. Italy was crap, as was Canada. We were the best team in tourney, surprisingly enough. Congrats to the Germans, as they played a very discipline tourney.

Balls,

Remember, Sue is only human, and I love her ! :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0