Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When to pull your team.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Thanks for brining in the enlightening views of Fatshow!

Because, I really care what he has to say.:D :D

daz:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Start a Fight, the VMSL will take Points from Both Teams

Originally posted by Jinky

This is why the comparisons are valid. By your logic those teams should have tried to have their matches abandoned in order to save their goals against records when it comes down to a relegation battle. Just good tactics, right?

Here is a sure fire solution to the problem, if your team is lossing, start a fight, the game will be abandoned with neither team being awarded points, and no replay. This has been the VMSL policy in the past.

Example: CAT Game last year between BBY. and Serbia. BBY. takes the piss out of the Serbia team and is winning 4-1, it has been a scrapy game with a couple of reds, but not that bad.
10 min. left in the game, the Serbia team decides to start a brawl and have thier fans run on the pitch, it gets out of controll, and the game is abandoned.
Neither team gets points, and the game is never replayed. But we were leading 4-1 with 10 min. to go.

So the solution is, start a brawl, and no one gets points, I don't even think there were extra Red cards given out.

Only thing that could go wrong is, the team that is leading could run away when you try to fight them, or they could just Turtle and take the abuse.
What team or player do you know would run or take a beating?

The VMSL has ruled on way in the past, so for future games that you are lossing, start a brawl. It will be fun and you don't give the other team any points.

HOS

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS Solution

The VMSL isn't the only league that makes the ruling that HOS suggests. This happened to our SFU JV team way back when Mark Slater and Ritchie Sumner were on the team. We were leading something like 4 to 1 or 2, when our opponents started a huge brawl late in the game. This was the U21 PCSL then. Their ruling, no points and no replay.

This hurt our team as we were up in about 3rd place and got no points and no chance to make up the points.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a sure fire solution to the problem, if your team is lossing, start a fight, the game will be abandoned with neither team being awarded points, and no replay. This has been the VMSL policy in the past.
That piece of information would have been useful to me before playing Clan Alumni.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs. Sporting......

What do you know.......another Temple game cancelled:rolleyes: . What happened? ....relax! The lights were out at Queen's Park due to an accident in the area. The strange thing was that all the other lights were working......such as the other pitch where Khalsa was training:confused:

p.s.....Sorry Jinky......I know it's off topic.

Hard Ballz

Referee

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Merolomas agree that the first two ejections were deserving. The team walked off upon receiving the third red. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the third red given for a blatant knee high, studs up tackle on the ST player?

If the same tackle happened to the Merolamas player, would the team demand a red from the referee? Of course. So what is the problem? All 3 red cards were correct and justified.

If a player/team feels that they were unfairly treated by a referee, write a report to the league. Believe it or not, a referee is not out there on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon to "screw a team of a win".

Having seen the referee match report and the subsequent misconduct reports, the player for the third red would be lucky to get less than 3 games for the knee high tackle. It was an obvious attempt to injure.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee,

It was not a knee high challenge. Period.

And believe me, a detailed letter was sent to the league on Monday.

For the first time in Meraloma history on a refereeing matter, I might add.

daz:cool:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those referee reports are bogus. They are exaggerated to make the ref's decision look good.

You wouldn't believe what a ref's report said I did for a one handed push on a players chest a few years back... In the ref's report, I had punched three different players... It makes going to the disciplinary hearing (or whatever you call it) a waste of time. I explained that the ref's report was way off but they went with the ref...?

I never went to another one again...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refs' reports are extremely comical. In the Metro girls' game where I allegedly received a red card(never shown) he said I was shouting at the top of my lungs. Our manager, their coach, our players, and their players didn't hear anything I said to ref. He went on to lie some more and the board knew this when I went for the hearing. Refs' can conjure up anything they want and 99% of the time, will get away with it.

But I have to agree with the ref in this case because we played the Lomas and they were anything but clean that game. Two guys should have been thrown out then for bad tackles, so I guess it all evens out in the end. :) Right, Dazza?

Captain

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I though our game against you guys was fairly clean. I think I know the tackle you're reffering to though...it doesn't compare to the one dished out versus Temple, it was pretty nasty. Did your new addition from Div 1 B show up to practice this week?

No2

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe he did and think he is going to be signing pretty soon. I can't give any details at this time because I wasn't there myself. Our game wasn't that bad but there were a few challenges from behind that should have been stopped by the ref earlier in the game. It seemed to get worse as the game went on, as did the bickering from both teams......

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I remember three distinct things about the game against you lot:

1) We won 2-1 and took all the biccies home;
2) You guys were whinging a lot, probably because you were losing.
3) A nice volley.

Other than that, it was a good battle and I've played in way dirtier games.

daz:D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Misses Training - Again

I can't give any details at this time because I wasn't there myself.

Captain: Being a careful reader of your posts and a long time admirer of your skills on the field of battle, I can't help but note that there appears to be a bit of an attendance issue at training sessions. From what I recall from your posts, that training and being there seem to be somewhat of an oxymoron this season.
WTF is with that?

You don't seem to have the same attendance problem at either school pub nights or dart nights.

:p

I agree with not pulling the team unless it is too violent and out of hand. Not for too many cards and you're saving your bodies for later.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And believe me, a detailed letter was sent to the league on Monday.

For the first time in Meraloma history on a refereeing matter, I might add.
Did you send a letter to the Meraloma rugby guys as well? I bet they would love to hear about members of their club walking off the field. Make sure you tell them it was a tactical move :rolleyes:

~Regs.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1> they wouldn't have walked off the pitch.
2> they wouldn't weave a tale as weird as yours.
3> they wouldn't have written a letter.

head shaking stuff dazza.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think rugby players can write letters.

You obviously know as much about Rugby as Dude.

The majority of the world's Rugby players are University educated.

If you told the Meralomas RFC what the footy lomas did they would finally understand why their club spent so much money building a round-ball pitch at Connaught.

Now their soccer team could practice walking off the pitch as much as they like.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duh. But since you're so quick to defend them . . .

The majority of the world's Rugby players are University educated.
That means sh!t. Do you know how many grads I've met who couldn't write a paper if their life depended on it? Geez, many TTP'ers are university educated, but that hasn't improved their writing skills much, has it?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0