Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When to pull your team.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which in turn makes them no more illiterate than the average soccer player. So why would they be unable to write a letter?

But staying on topic, they wouldn't be impressed by the lomas quitting in the middle of a game.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI

1 game for the first red, two for the second, and two for the third.

And a $250 club fine.

All dished out last night.

The first got off lightly in my opinion and the third was too harsh.

Oh well, let's move on shall we?

dazlookingforwardtosunday'sgame:D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Expensive Team Pull

Dazza: Them Lomas won't be doing any more pulling of this type, judging from your fine. That's enough money in the VMSL kitty to fund a great Christmas party for the referees, one of which will be the ref who screwed you. :)

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos:

It is clearly evident that the only screwing done was to their own backsides by the Loma squad.

ELJefecallingaspadeaspade.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's also evident that if you have enough money, you can do whatever you want.

Lomas should've lost points.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At a minimum, the result should go down as a 3-nil defeat. In a league/division where GF & GA come into play for relegation purposes, 1-0 defaults are not gonna cut it.

In this letter to the league, at any point were tactics brought up?

~Regs.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just thought i'd mention that after the third red card I went to the Temple lads and asked them what they thought, they said it was a little bogus but wanted to continue to play. At that point I preceded to ask them if they might be willing to not beat us 12 to 0, they responded with and I quote "we have been trying to score for 40 minutes and have only done it once on a lucky bounce." I said does that mean no. they said they would take it easy after 4 goals. I thought this was a good compromise the Lomas save face and the game continues. This also covers the violence aspect of the arguement due to the fact that we know we aren't going to get blown out and get frustrated, besides there was no hostility between the two teams. Some may say this isn't a house league and we don't make deals on what the score is going to be but under the circumstances why not.

Any opinions?

Lawts

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking rights you guys should lose points. As has already been pointed out the ONLY reason a game in progress should be forfeited by a team is if there is a threat of physical violence. If a team simply decides to forfeit for any other reason, especially the one(s) here, they should be punished. A 3-0 nil defeat and loss of three points, minimum. Fcuking hell, I'm sure Temple would rather have, at seasons end, the several goals they could have scored rather than the one they got.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a league/division where GF & GA come into play for relegation purposes, 1-0 defaults are not gonna cut it.
Except that goal difference doesn't. Playoff games are played so the score is moot .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you sure about that for Div 1? I've heard that if two teams are tied for the 8/9 spot on one side, it is the team with the worst difference that has to playoff with the 9th place team on the other side for relegation purposes.

Did I hear wrong?

~Regs.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think kurgan is right... that was the case with us and Pt. Grey last year. Regs, hopefully neither of us will have to worry about that this year.

NO2

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? Point Grey played 2 playoff games last year?

I did not know that. Thanks guys.

~Regs.

PS. the way we played yesterday... I wouldn't be too sure of us not being involved in a playoff game :rolleyes:

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I was mistaken in saying that we had a playoff game against pt grey. It was one of the final regular season games, and whoever lost would have to play a playoff of game.

Yeah, we're looking like shite too. It's so tight right now anything could happen.

No2

whowillhavetowatchtheClubILomasgamefromthesideline.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0