Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When to pull your team.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny you should mention Dante. McIntyre was telling us about his meeting with Azzi concerning the punch and was told that John Vijelda (sp) had mentioned nothing about the incident in his report. No doubt because players' heads explode on a regular basis during his games. McIntyre then likened him to the infamous Dante. What a pair!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnb V.

If this is the older foreign accented guy with a goatee, gray hair who does Richmond games, I can see how it could have been a shite show! Nice guy but the worst ref. Last year vs Indo's Cat team he gave a guy (a TTPer) a red card for punching our guy. He managed to have the card withdrawn by John and not only did he continue to play, John blew the whistle on his every fcuking command, after that.

It might have been some sort of Jihad or something like that. ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no way we were going to risk more outrageous reds and suspensions,...
That sounds like a tactical move, not a protest.
Fair enough. That's a good point.

Sensei,

As for giving teams "free reign" to protest a referee's decision, we already have that. It's called "Free Will". The important aspect of this concept is that we understand the consequences of our actions. To suggest giving the ref "a right ol' kicking in the parking lot" is ludicrous and illustrates a lack of mature thought behind your arguement. I have not nor will I ever condone violence in any faculty.

That said, the tail end of your arguement makes good sense. The Meralomas were quick to act. Granted, as you said, in the heat of the moment one doesn't necessarily consider all possibilities. In the same situation, I would've been reluctant to walk away and would've wanted to battle on. Neverthless, I can certainly understand the 'Lomas frustration. As I said in another thread: "An understandable and perhaps justifiable reaction to a difficult situation."

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: Johnb V.

Johnb V. : otherwise known as Father John. Yes, he can be brutal. Could be from the amount he drinks between games or even at one of our games a few years back, at half time.

No, Dante (either Mr. Dante or it's his first name) is bar none consistently the worst I have ever seen. My lovely wife's first comment on him ever was "Isn't the ref allowed to leave the center circle?". Classic! :D

Many a summer evening I've wanted to walk off.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's called dignity................it's a disgrace what the Meraloma's did. I am not going to be as articulate as Sensei, but based on what I've heard on this site, the Meralomas actions were bush league. Doesn't matter how bad the ref was......."deal with it!". The violence debate doesn't hold true in this situation, because it was the "violent" team that walked off the field.

A couple of years ago, in Victoria during a Provincial Cup Semi-Final and some diabolical officiating (remember Jonesy?) We received three red cards (two in overtime)............did we want to walk off the field to protest.....of course.......but we didn't............we had the attitude that we'd win with eight men......Lomas showed no balls, no commitment and no class. I hope they lose points and are fined. Go back to Div two.

Pardon my bluntness,
Sandman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, Sandman. I hope they lose points too because we would then be ahead of them. :D We could then go back to a post made by Dazza several weeks back. Hell, I might go find it now......

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most of you guys on here don't get it!

It wasn't simply a protest against the ref. It was part protest and mostly tactical. The game was well and truly over as a contest. Do any of you honestly think we could have given Temple a good game with 8 players. Yes..that's right...and excellent, unbeaten Temple team. At 9 players we were still up for it and keeping possession as best we could to waste time and minimize the damage. We even had a couple of chances. We were quite happy to play the remainder of the game with 9, but playing with 8 would not have achieved anything for anyone. Temple would have gotten bored and we would have been frustrated more. Injuries and further suspensions would have probably resulted. We defaulted our CAT game this weekend for lack of bodies. Now we are going to be missing another 3 suspended lads for this weekend. Myself and another have dodgy knees right now, three others are on the way back from injuries. If we had carried on we may well have had to default both games this weekend, because I haven't even taken into account possible absentees due to the long weekend.

So, it isn't as simple as just protesting the referee's decision. Temple would have won anyway...so what's the big fcuking deal?

Good debate, but get over it people!

daz:cool:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I was waiting for that;)

Deducting points never achieves anything in football.

A fine would be acceptable.

Daz:cool:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

You got two reds in overtime? Big deal, everyone's knackered by then anyway.

Our third red came at about the 40 minute mark...not after 20 minutes as some have mentioned.

daz:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is....we are on 10 points and you are on 4. And 3 of those 10 came courtesy of us winning in your back yard.

Oh, and as it stands right now, you and Club I are beneath me and my Lomas

Congrats to the Irishmen on a job well done versus Temple. Thanks for helping those who are at the TOP of the table out.

# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Clan Alumni 9 8 0 1 37 15 24
2 Sikh Temple "A" 7 6 1 0 27 7 19
3 Norvan "A" 9 4 3 2 21 16 15
4 Club Ireland 9 2 4 3 18 17 10
5 WFC Bimini's 9 3 1 5 9 21 10
6 Meralomas "A" 9 3 1 5 7 10 10
7 Serbian White Eagles 8 2 3 3 12 14 9
8 Peg-Olys 8 1 5 2 12 12 8
9 Hagar's "A" 9 2 1 6 13 25 7
10 Binger's Army 9 2 1 6 10 29 7

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple would have won anyway...so what's the big fcuking deal?

Quite obviously you don't get it!

What you've just written makes it even worse.

Why bother playing at all? If you have injuries and suspensions and can't field a competitive team then you might as well just default? What a pathetic attitude.

I'd echo Sandman's suggestion to go back to Div 2. but I doubt they would have you. Afterall the game is rougher down there and someone might get injured.:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now we are going to be missing another 3 suspended lads for this weekend. Myself and another have dodgy knees right now, three others are on the way back from injuries. If we had carried on we may well have had to default both games this weekend, because I haven't even taken into account possible absentees due to the long weekend.

:( :( :( :( :(

Regs, do we have any faces with tears? I don't think the frown is enough for the above quote.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daz,

You've lost it now... before you go any further, shut your trap and save what little dignity is left :rolleyes:

Tactics? You first came on here ranting about it being the worst display of reffing ever or something to that effect. Then it comes out that you admit to deserving the first 2 red cards. Un-fcuking-believeable!

The game was already over? It was one-nil for fcuk sakes!

And how the hell can you say "big deal" to Sandman... it was a provincial semi-final!

Give your head a shake, man!

~Regs.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

I agree on the fact that we shouldn't have walked off the field, but don't try to compare it to two red cards in O.T. Three reds in the first 30 minutes is a bit different... don't you think...

No2

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Don't even start with that pathetic attitude bullshite.

Have you ever played against 8 men. It's boring.

We were totally up for it until the third red...Temple will even tell you that we were giving them a good game until then.

'nuff said.

dazza:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree on the fact that we shouldn't have walked off the field, but don't try to compare it to two red cards in O.T. Three reds in the first 30 minutes is a bit different... don't you think...

Yah, I hear you No2. It is kind of like comparing a Division 1 league game to a Provincial Cup semi-final. Good point.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Can't you read man?

Of course the referree was shite...that's why I'm mad about the third red!

daz:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone on Loma's have a brain? Anyone?

I cannot believe that two of you are now trying to say that your situation is worse than 2 red cards in a provincial cup game.

Mind-boggling stuff :rolleyes:

Please tell me there are no more people on TTP like this. Please.

~Regs.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it matter what game it was in?

Again, ours was in the first half, theirs was in overtime.

daz

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever played against 8 men

Yes I have. So what's your point? Are you now saying that you were simply doing S.T. a favour now?

Let's update Dazza's ever growing excuse.

The Lomas departed the pitch after 3 red cards (2 good, 1 bad) as a tactical manouvre and protest while saving Sikh Temple from being bored.

Dazza, feel free to add any other embellishments that come to mind.

ps I have also played in sides down to 8 men and it never even crossed our minds to run away.

Even the French army would be disgusted by your capitulation.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0