Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Preseason Rumours and Scuttlebutt

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$5000.00 Is a F'N crazy amout of money to pay 1 player in div1 or premier for that matter. Theres guys on the Whitecaps that don't get that kind of money.! Someone tell the 96ers I will go for 2,000 and a new bag.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fernandes vat 19

bandcamp:

is that the good stuff? i don't think i could pass a medical anyways. me and my gimped foot are all Ranger.

max

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mabey we will only be playing summer soccer soon.
Yes, with unlimited subs.

I hate to bring the whole subject up again, but despite encouraging (if they, in fact, are) teams to go the way of the club system, they're doing little to reward those teams that do. The specific example being last year when Bimini's won Div 1 (without use of the CAT system), but wasn't allowed to get promoted because another Westside Premier team already existed. What's the point of being in a club system if it works against you?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps~

Is not the point of a "Cat" system to bring along those young player who are not yet ready to play premier. Also to give premier player who are hurt or out of shape a place to play whithout hurting there clubs. Chances are if you on the div 1 team and it's going well you will get a sniff in the premier. Keep up the practice I'm sure you will make the big squad sooner or later.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goes with a price...

If Pacific 96ers don't win the first division, each player that is getting paid, is executed by the Romanian mafia. Apparently it is quite strong in Vancouver. It is a small price to pay I guess, when a team is so confident............

BTW,

Unde face eu semna spre?

Can any Romanians translate this? How bad is it?

Conducator Trifoi Alb

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preseason result

Peg 3 - 1 Croats

It was 1 - nil into the early stages in the first half and then Croatia decided to start putting in their whippets (sp?). We then just ran through the middle for 3, one on a PK.

I will say one thing... Croatia seems very fit and play some nice stuff.

Peg has signed another quality player in Favs coming back to the fold... Jim Easton played tonite as well. Always a pleasure to play with and he fits in well with our squad. He's not playing for us during the year though. He belongs to Luch :D

~TBwhofoundtheturfextremelyhardonthekneestonite.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
intrigue...

Regs,

Is 'Teroy' playing with you lot this year? Are him and Saint still 'training' together? Is Jim the only one left from last season's Peg/Olys side? Anyone know what Niall's doing this winter? Is Pasqua satying put with the Firemen in Div.1? Why has Shaheen been reiinstated? I may be wrong, I usually am, but weren't they kicked out of Div.1A last season and their results 'expunged'? Or am I thinking of another swarthy team?

Help, I can't let go.....
:rolleyes:

hajduk

Aug 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wondering

So Regs how did Croatia SC look like in there exibition game? Who did you think played good for Croatia? and who was missing from there roster? Do you think they can be a better team then last year without Tom Babic and Romeo Cuter? Who do they have replacing those two players?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try Ghostrider

Hajduk,

I think Ghostrider would be better to suited to answer your question.

Regs knows very little about Croatia SC (or even soccer in general) so I doubt he could give you a proper answer. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, try Ghosty

Thanks for saving me the hours of research CD. The cheque is in the mail.

~RegswhothoughtDarkoplayedwellasdidPeteroutwide.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Peg signing

Straight from the current BC Provincial Champs, Thomas Hearnst (sp?) has come back to the Peg line-up apparently. Should be a strange situation when he goes to nationals for a week and then comes back to continue on with our season.

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Screw Anyone

That guy is the biggest Cancer in B.C.
First he leaves S.F.U. fcuked by dropping a coarse in mid-season and does'nt tell anyone so that they get screwed out of going to Nationals.
Now he is transfering from the B.C. champs before they go to the Nationals, nice move buddy.
Well you will fit in fine at Peg:eek: thats for sure.

T-BONE

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree

Hands of Stone,

Obviously it is a sign of desperate times at Pegasus. As Benedict Arnold, I have never seen him play but I have read a few things about him. Nothing but trouble. I think he has found a nice fit. Peg is good at back-stabbing their coaches and firing them part way through the season, so this fellow should add nicely to the mix. Of course, I am not including Shorty and Doddy in this list. :)

Is that a big signing, TB? I am being serious here. What is he like as a player, not a shitdisturber?

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desperate times indeed...

We'll see morons.

I think the reason he's playing for us is that he has moved back to the lower mainland and obviously still wants to play before going to Nationals.

As for what kind of player he is, to be truthful, I don't really know. I remember he worked hard and had a useful shot but I wasn't really around the team then as that is when I had my leg problems.

FWIW,

~TB.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some off-season signings to report:

- Burnaby Canadians FC have signed former Firemen keeper Corey Breure (sp?). Surprising we haven't heard anything from HOS on this one, yet.

- Sporting Vancouver have signed Carlos Batista.

- West Van Trollers have signed Bevan Footman of CapCollege and Todd Bramberger from Norvan.

- Rumours are afloat that Whitecap players Tiarnan King and Steve Kindel will join division one powers-to-be SFU Clan Alumni after the A-League season is complete. No confirmation to this, however.

any more??

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0