Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Preseason Rumours and Scuttlebutt

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedules

Bandcamp,

Same here. I tried posting it but it came up all screwed up and I don't have time to go through correcting it and lining it all up.

We have Fireman in the first match, at Memorial NE.

I see Clan open against Pacific 96ers (that should be a corker reading all this bolockey big talk on here regarding those teams).

You guys have Sikh Temple I see, and Peg Olys have DCR.

The other one is City FC v RUFC.

Daz:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their is a new notice up....something about Surrey A, B, C and pink, geen and blue ID cards. I didn't really read it.

I did happen to read it last nite and have a question for all:

Who plays for Surrey United Juniors?

It appears that the "excellent site" is going to introduce some new 'features'. I see that there is a classified section of some sort...

Bandcamp,

I'm assuming you're looking for directions from me? You could forward them on to my email addy if you like and I can have them posted on TTP by tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Bandcamp,

Got the email, thanks... The first 3 weeks for all divisions are in the calendar... some interesting match-ups in all divisions.

What I really like though is Richmond United getting Minoru for Friday nite games, well, I like it better than the hose job they put on Saturday Night at their Raffle :D

Hey Sandman, how come Indo couldn't manage to get Minoru?

~TB.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

The best team in Richmond is suppose to get Minoru...Since, Richmond Town declined the friday night games, I guess Richmond United was next in line..:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But...

That doesn't explain why Club I didn't get it then. Surely with Captain Shamrock back in the fold, they must be the best team in Richmond.

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cdk~

Where did you hear that sumner was going to Croatia??? To the best of my knowlege summo is going to the clan as coach untill his quad heels.:confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best team in Richmond

No, TB, we are now in the best divison in BC. It is probably the most competitive that I have ever seen. Even more competitive than the year when 5 teams tied for first in the Premier league. As for the best team in Richmond, that is still Richmond Town, despite the loss of a couple of grizzled veterans and Casanova, who is still lurking. Bastard.

Sandman,

You have finally seen the light my good man. Richmond Town is finally getting the respect it deserved all along. :)

Yours in Second Divison football,

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Failed logic

It is probably the most competitive that I have ever seen.
You can have a tightly packed group of crap teams in one league and still be competitive. That doesn't necessarily make them all good.;)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was just a rumor

Knvb,

That was what a few of the Croatia guys were saying a couple of months ago...

Aparently Toby Beck was supposed to play for Croatia as well.... Now I hear Toby and Richie jumped to Clan and took Romeo Cuter with them...

This is what will happen,

1. Just after Christmas, Clan will be out of the promotion race.

2. They'll all be blaming one another for their misreable season.

3. Romeo will be the first to come crawling back to Croatia and asking for a second chance...

4. Toby and Richie will be trying to catch onto other teams and be told that they are not wanted and then come to Croatia and say...they would love to play for Croatia.

5. If it's anything like the past....even if Croatia are winning the division and have loads of talented players...we will still sign them. Because Croats know that added competition for spots will have the players playing even better.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Signing

Sources close to me have been able to produce evidence of a huge signing for the mighty flying cnuts (PEG:eek: )

I will try to produce this evidence for tommorrow.

There are many exhibition games going this week and next, if anyone has any info, it would be great if we could be updated on the results and players present at these games.

Thanks-T-Bone:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time please

Cocco,

I have a lot to do tomorrow so I might not be able check for new posts every 5 minutes... could you please post exactly when you are going to produce this evidence? I don't want to miss it.

Also, please inform BCFC management that it is much too late now into the pre-season to be poaching players. Most teams have a 2-week window after Nation's Cup to conduct such drives.

Thanks,

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Tournament game times.

Here are the draws, and game times tor the Burnaby Canadians Tourney.

Saturday, 12:00 - Sportstown vs. Indo Cdns
PG Croatia vs. Pegasus FC
Poco City vs. Croatia A
Saturday, 4:00 - Burnaby Canadians vs. Sporting Club

Sunday, 2:00 - Croatia A vs. Sportstown
Sporting Club vs. PG Croatia
Indo Cdns vs. Poco City
Sunday, 4:00 - Burnaby Canadians vs. Pegasus

Monday, 10:30 - Burnaby Canadians vs. PG Croatia
Sporting Club vs. Pegasus
Croatia A vs. Indo Cdns
Poco City vs. Sportstown

Cons. Final - Monday, 1:30 - 2nd Group A vs. 2nd Group B

Final - Monday, 1:30 - 1st Group A vs. 1st Group B

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait to see TB on Ground

Men's "Open" Division

Group #1 .............................. Group #2

BBY CDNS ............................. Croatia
PG Croatia ............................. Sportstown
PEG:eek: (Flying Cnuts) ................ Indo CDNS
Sporting Club .......................... Poco Dominion

Top Two each group advance to finals on Monday.

HOS~;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has it occured to anyone that there has been a extraordinary amount of teams moving around in the league, new affilations, and such? For example, ttt says that Sapperton's new CAT team is last year's Div 1 Clan Alumni, Bimini's and Rangers have disenfranshized from Westside and created an affiliation, Cliff Avenue has switched spots with Peg C/A, etc.

This is all begining to sound like the upcoming BCTV/Global/CTV/VTV/CHEK/CKVU musical chair match.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too Much Movement

It seems that there are a lot of teams changing and more often players changing.

This is making the league very unpridictable and the chances of teams dissapearing more common.

I wonder if this is to do with the VMSL trying to rid the league of independent teams, and only have the major clubs. A club would have a team in Premier and then Div. 1 cat, div. 2 cat, and div. 3 cat. There would no longer be indepentent teams that can't get enough players to field all these teams, or the ethnic teams that have one or two teams.

It is an interesting time for the VMSL, who knows what the outcome of this philosophy will bring.

Mabey we will only be playing summer soccer soon.

HOS~

P.S. Croatia VS. Peg:eek: tonight at the turf, would someone kick TB for me please.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
how much would you pay????

Well the numbers being thrown around to attract players to play with the 96'ers are starting to get crazy.............. I have heard from a fairly reliable source an amount that Sneaddon(sp) is getting and if so I can't imagine what they are going to pay Benji and the Clarkes for that matter!::D Lets just say that suddenly I know why some teams are charging players $350.00 for registration and there ain't new kit, bag, or boots!!!!!

Anyone care to comment on $5,000.00 for a season to play in Div 1!!!!

John

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0