Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was reading that Richmond will get two guys from Douglas School. Douglas plays rough kick and run game. They step in on every fifty fifty ball. That will not work for the two guys when they com up to Richmond side. Refs in premier stamp that out very fast.
Any time you can get a guy from Christian Universety or UBC or SFU you will improve the side. Fitness level of those three Shcools is way advanced over Douglas, Langera or any other lower level Universities.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, is that why the two boys are leading the college league in scoring? They win 50/50s and score? Sounds about right, Jose Base. :confused: For the record, one boy played for ICST two years ago in the Imperial Cup final while in grade 11 and did very well.........but that must have been a fluke.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitan i have nothing against the young men. I have wached Douglas play. It is just a dirty kick and run soccer, and no more. Go see game or two and you will see what I am talking about. UBC or SFU or Chistian Universety they play fast clean soccer. Any player from one of the Universities will be good addition to a club.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, the two boys I'm referring to went to my high school. . I coached them for 3 years and know they are good players. One of them played in our club last year and was one of the main reasons for Richmond's turnaround. I don't care what system or style Douglas plays. These two boys would walk on to UBC....in fact, they were highly recruited by UBC BUT they chose to go the college route. By chance, could you tell me a little bit about both of the players? :confused:

joocrew

Oct 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base, are you telling me that WV's college players, that were a big part in getting them to nationals...are merely kick and run as well?
dunno about that one....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van had Malad last year. He was the reson they got that far. He is skilled guy but size is a factor. Guys go out to get him and he tends to get injured alot. He needs a guy or two to protect him from that tactical crap. White Caps will never have more skilled guy than him in the back yard.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, Reynold Stewart won college player of the year in B.C.........and Owen Sinclair was a first team all-star. I'm pretty sure the two boys will do well in the Premier Division. Thoughts? In fact, they both outscored Milad, and neither are natural strikers

BTW, congratulations to the two boys and to Rachel Ramsden and Teryn Lim, two of the Langara girls coming with our Premier team, on their first team all-star selections and rookie of the year. Well done to everyone.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain as i said. I do not want to take away from the two youngsters fun. There is no way you can compair collage soccer to University soccer. That's like premier and div one.
Milad is by far the most skilled young man in lower mainland. He plays i PCSL and was one of the top goal scores. This is where things go wrong. He should be on Caps and higher levels. But due to politics and money he plays in PCSL. Some day they will look past all that and we will have a National side that has skill and can play ball.
It is not abut power runners and force it is about skill. It shows you when they get rid of Charles B how much they know. Top goal score in the league with out a job. Only in this country. Now forget all this there is few very good games this weekend. I hope West Van loses I hope Pegs win big. David is off to RCMP school Reedy will have to bring those to youngster to do Davids job. And most of all I hope Angelo gives that Italian ref weekend off. There is no more players left on the field after his drama quin reffing. Nine cards in one game. God help you if you guys get him.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain as i said. I do not want to take away from the two youngsters fun. There is no way you can compair collage soccer to University soccer. That's like premier and div one.
Milad is by far the most skilled young man in lower mainland. He plays i PCSL and was one of the top goal scores. This is where things go wrong. He should be on Caps and higher levels. But due to politics and money he plays in PCSL. Some day they will look past all that and we will have a National side that has skill and can play ball.
It is not abut power runners and force it is about skill. It shows you when they get rid of Charles B how much they know. Top goal score in the league with out a job. Only in this country. Now forget all this there is few very good games this weekend. I hope West Van loses I hope Pegs win big. David is off to RCMP school Reedy will have to bring those to youngster to do Davids job. And most of all I hope Angelo gives that Italian ref weekend off. There is no more players left on the field after his drama quin reffing. Nine cards in one game. God help you if you guys get him.

my god. that almost made sense.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please don't even try to compare Owen or Reynold to Milad ever again. Thanks.

By saying they scored more goals is comparing them? :confused:

I think I've Milad play once and if I'm not mistaken.....he will NEVER use his left foot? Am I correct in that assessment or is it way off?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base...when you are commenting on Milad, or any of the Canadian Champ Cap University guys associated or playing for WVFC, you are really coming across as ignorant, just so you know. See Show's post, but there are another 5-10 top notch Prem players out of that school for that club. Not that I care what you say, and you probably don't either obviously, but you are making an absolute fool of yourself on this one, with all respect.

But talk about something you know about.

fireball17

Jul 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprising Hibs result....after taking Sapp behind the woodshed ICST only manages 1 pt in two games...early season cockiness per chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0