Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece.....ready for another go round again this year? Will the body hold out? Even more important....will the liver!!!

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see our last league game is scheduled @ Hillcrest vs Westside... Will the league be providing shuttle buses? Can't see any parking being available within 2 miles of an Olympic venue in February :rolleyes:

3 out of 10 teams have Sundays as their home game slots (Westside, BRM, Cliff). 2 teams have grass home fields for sure maybe 3 if MF gets Mundy? We MAY have a couple of Friday nighters at CAP on the turf as well...

We get Wickham & Richmond to open the season, 2 teams that will probably run their bags off the most :(

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van plays PCOV week one, and if Conductor is serious, Steve Mac will be playing against the Fijian now ponytailed fellow that introduced him to drinking as teenager.

Im gonna throw this out there now:

VMSL qualifiers for the BCs will be (in no particular order, or maybe so):

Sapperton
Columbus
West Van
Westside
Surrey Utd
PCOV

But actually, any of the other four could make it, very competetive for all ten teams this year.

Sir M.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if this should be in VMSL Masters or FVSL.

Poco City Castillians 2, Cliff Avenue 0.

Two teams that like to knock the ball around, although I think Poco was full value for the win on the evening.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took part in my first practice in six years tonight..........that Richmond coach sure works the players hard. Mind you, no one did lunges as well as Kippax and I.

Kneeswollenlikeaballoon

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van plays PCOV week one, and if Conductor is serious, Steve Mac will be playing against the Fijian now ponytailed fellow that introduced him to drinking as teenager.

Im gonna throw this out there now:

VMSL qualifiers for the BCs will be (in no particular order, or maybe so):

Sapperton
Columbus
West Van
Westside
Surrey Utd
PCOV

But actually, any of the other four could make it, very competetive for all ten teams this year.

Sir M.

No Fijian flash this year, just a couple of angry arabs though.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe it or not, week one is upon us. This week all VMSL Masters Premier games go Friday night. Here is the lineup, and a few thoughts:

Westside A at Richmond Olympics. Tie. Because Minoru is a tough place to play on Friday nights, and Westside is a year older. 2-2.

PCOV A at WVFC. WVFC are notoriously slow starters, usually due to lack of players and no coach in week one. l am going to go out on a limb, and say that the large number of new WVFC signings and the stewardship of Eagles will make a difference in a tight one. 2-1 for WV.

Cliff Ave at Columbus, despite reported new signing Notty not available or selection for Columbus, I am going to go with last year's BC Masters Champs in this one, as the Cliff/Inter merger is still very new, and a few of the better Inter players have gone elsewhere. 3-1.

Surrey Utd at Wickham. Tough to call, will be very physical, and William Griffin at 9PM is very tough if you are from Surrey. But I am going to say that Coach has SU ready, and they squeeze out a 2-1 win.

Sapperton at MFFF. Which Sapp team will show up, the Masters team or the Premier team? I am going to say 3-1 Sapp.

Good luck everyone.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A really tough division this year.

Westside A at Richmond Olympics. 3-3 Tie.

PCOV A at WVFC. 2-2 Tie

Cliff Ave at Columbus. 1-2

Surrey Utd at Wickham. 2-1

Sapperton at MFFF. 1-1 Tie Sapp a little slow off the start this year and will struggle out of the gate.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm playing with West Van this year. Great bunch of guys. See you Friday nite, TS. Should be a good battle.
DK

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm playing with West Van this year. Great bunch of guys. See you Friday nite, TS. Should be a good battle.
DK

Take it easy on us SCK! We are all coming off long summers and have a lot of rust to get rid of...

Besides SCK who else has WEstvan picked up?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside A at Richmond Olympics. 3-3 Tie.

PCOV A at WVFC. 2-2 Tie

Cliff Ave at Columbus. 1-2

Surrey Utd at Wickham. 2-1

Sapperton at MFFF. 1-1 Tie Sapp a little slow off the start this year and will struggle out of the gate.

I think someone is sandbagging here.....you beat your open team the other night. :D

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whataboutbob is the biggest sandbagger of all-time! Rumour has it he is going after the 3-peat this year... He was very upset last year how they went out the first round in the BC's! My money is on Sapperton to start off on fire...

Good luck to sapperton as they are a great bunch of guys (except for the coach) :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game of the season is always a crapshoot for predictions...

Richmond vs Westside
West Van vs PCOV - DRAW
Columbus vs Cliff Ave - DRAW
Wickham vs BRM
Metro-Ford vs Sapperton

All games being played tonight, that's got to be a first.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for the week

Sapp over Metro Ford FF WAB's team was always a safe bet for me last year!

The combined forces of Surrey over Wickham. Wickham might need to accept losing some games after their cakewalk season last year.:eek:

Richmond vs Westside = Tie

Columbus getting prepared for Westerns win over the new Cliff/ Inter combo.

PCOV vs Westvan, tough one to call as PCOV's Arabian Prince is sporting an undisclosed upper body injury and also a few other banged up players who may not be ready to go tonight. With Westvan on the other hand though you never know who will show up for them to start the season. I'm gonna go with my biased side of me and take PCOV!:D

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Futbol....seems there is speculation that you've been tagged with a new nickname..............BK14?

Cheers!

That is not speculation as I only deal in truths, and if truth be known, my new nickname is BB14...... (Bad Body 14):eek:

Happy Capt. Morgan to you.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0