Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2010/2011 preseason rumours/discussion etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Nations Cup is over and it is time to start this thread. A few items:

Cliff has gone down, and I heard Dorazio has gone to Columbus and that some other players from Cliff were looking to move. However, lately I have heard that there is a late effort to keep this team together.

I also heard some players are moving away from Sapperton and also Westside...and I believe there will be some movement out of WV too.

Anyone know who is coming up and who is going down (other than Cliff)?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if it's rumours or not, but heard at Nations some Roma players might be leaving the NSCL to join Sapperton!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't you run Roma Conductor? Speaking of Nations Cup did I see Fantabulous playing for First Nations this weekend?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia are more than likely entering a team into the Masters division. Only question is whether it will be in Div 2 or as part of a "team saving" venture with a newly relegated squad. ;)

Either way, probably a strong contender for the Provincial Cup based on names I've heard thrown about.

:bronco:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco:

If a completely new team, they would have to start in Div. 3 this year as apparently Div. 2 is being reformatted back to the previous alignment with the top 5 finishers on both sides staying up. Not sure who would be dropping out to allow new teams in, as my Anonymous Soccer Source has told me that the Masters group is capped at 40 teams until there are more fields available.

If they are a "team saving" venture, then they would still need to save a Div 1 team to be Provincial Cup contenders...:rolleyes:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And, I think most positions/movements/drop outs/new adds were settled at the July 7th meeting with those confirmed to have dropped out, and those who just hadn't paid their fees, but were expected to.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do know that West Van has entered a second team, and the deadline was a couple of weeks ago, and as league and cup champs this affiliated team were told that they have to start in 3rd Division. Of course they are not Croatian. The 2nd WV side is probably Div 1 or maybe Prem level, but will start at the bottom.

Sir M

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is everyone shooting the messenger??? It would appear that Croatia's team will be in Division 3 :eek:

Having said that, there is still the possibility of a merger with a newly relegated Div 1 team.

broncoisjustthemessenger!!!!!!!!

:bronco:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco:

Not shooting; just providing information. Wasn't sure if you knew about the re-alignment at the bottom.

WAB:

Polonia or Cracovia?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update:

The 2 Alex's signed with Sapp last night.

And it takes the whole team to screw in a light bulb. We are a team, and the Sapp team moves as one.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a positive note, I would like to thank Brian Donald for staying away from my ribs(which took an ACCIDENTAL elbow in the first game against India) in our game. He is a gentleman and was true to his word. :) Thanks, Mr. Donald.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the question was never answered Fantabulous, who was the orange team you were sighted playing for at Nations Cup?

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was talking to a certain Sapp player last week (who lives in Steveston) , after the semi final of the over 35 summer league , and he may be looking for a new team, because of the new signings this year. I can't say his name because the terms of his contract have not been finalized, plus he must complete a medical to ensure he is not fit, and be able to consume at least 6 beers after training and matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0