Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 January & February Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB:
Nice of you to come over and say hi...:rolleyes:
Sorry trece, too busy yelling at the ref after the game.:)
The whole Cliff team had a go at the poor guy, so it makes Kent "discussion" with him tame. I could just imagine the reaction they would have had if we had your ref!

It was a good battle today. Poor Cliff, they are a man up for all of 10 minutes when GT gets injured. No subs, we play 10 vs 10 the rest of the way.

What are the chances of our goalie getting a red 2 games in a row against the same team. Bohica was awesome in relief being our 3rd keeper in 2 games consecutive games. One fantastic reaction save from 2 yards our off the cross with 15 to go. Well done Gord; you are good for something after all.:D

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for that WAB, I might be able to find you a little more playing time (at least one game)since the German is is suspended for a game

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2 Westside 2...PCOV went up 2-0 but squander the lead...

We gave up two of the ugliest goals in the first 5 minutes - not quite awake, obviously. But giving these up is just something we have to stop doing. shite, if we are going to do this on a consistent basis, we could probably get the other team to buy us each a beer to spot them two goals. We then applied a lot of pressure. Their #8 took a yellow, then another yellow offense against Marcus. No card, so Marcus blows a gasket and we go down a man - not quite what we had in mind. We caught one back up. Then someone who took #8's spot, wearing the same jersey takes a yellow, then another, so #8 got 3 yellows and we were even on men. We pressured for the equalizer. Both sides had good opportunities. The score could have been 5-2 either way. I suppose a point each is fair at the end of the day.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob:

Congratulations. That is not an easy trophy to win.

Well done. Sir M.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob:

Congratulations. That is not an easy trophy to win.

Well done. Sir M.
There truely has been no easy games this year - well one PCOV game when everything was going in. Cliff sits 8th and that has been 2 hard fought games in a row. Inter and MFFF were both games that we needed 90 minute performances. The list goes on and on. We're pretty happy. We got a fantastic start to the season and that was the difference. We can now focus on playing a full 90 and preparing for the cups.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There truely has been no easy games this year - well one PCOV game when everything was going in.

Congrats WAB... But i must agree as much as that hurts to say, PCOV is the weekest team I have seen this year as well. Alot of wine and not the good drinking kind :D

Good game at hastings today, and from what I heard West Van beat Surrey today 3-0. Regs ?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK,

Any chance of getting one of those new turf fields at Burnaby Lake for Fridays Game??

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats WAB... But i must agree as much as that hurts to say, PCOV is the weekest team I have seen this year as well. Alot of wine and not the good drinking kind :D
Anti-homo... Rumour has it your ex wife was portuguese and she took your fat ass for all it was worth... So please refrain from being anti-portuguese! :bronco::bronco:

You seem like a westvan cheerleader... So you must of watched us play Westvan twice? They took 1 pt outta a possible 6 pts? We must not be that bad since they are probabley one of the top 3 teams in BC?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newsflash:

From what I've seen out of both of you, neither team should be considered one of the top 3 teams in BC.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newsflash:

From what I've seen out of both of you, neither team should be considered one of the top 3 teams in BC.

I definately don t think PCOV is but when they have their full line up which is rare they are.. but will say WESTvan with planks in net is definately top 3 !!

As for Surrey... i think with that tall aging bald guy in the middle of the park they are with Sapperton one the top 2 teams in the Nation. I hope Surrey represents us well in the BC's ? :rolleyes:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabolous, are you referring to Surrey's womens team? Cause I don't think the Master's team will be there!:eek:

Code:
I hope Surrey represents us well in the BC's ?/

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That may be so, but still doesn't change my observations on the games I saw of PCOV & WestVan.

If anyone doesn't like honest opinions, ignore my posts.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean: No go on the new fields as of yet...I have seen guys/girls playing on one of them but apparently schedules are not sorted out yet...Burnaby parks thing you know.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you on one of two fronts Regs. But do you disagree about the result at your home park yesterday?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlike yourself SirM, I offered up my opinion on yesterday's game.

But I will put it this way:

We didn't deserve the 3 points at Ambleside based on the run of play and I thought that yesterday was a bit of 'favour returned'.

2-0 at the half flattered WestVan in my opinion.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs...never mind, I was going to write something, but I won't. It is what it is, and the score was, well, you know.

Everyone has their opinion, but that game is over now.

Sir M.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree with you here Regs.

Good god how can anyone say that West Van didn't deserve to smash you guys....:rolleyes:

I mean we are talking about Stevey Mac here Regs...:rolleyes:

Muz, Harky, and Spudd couldn't carry his boots.

Same old shite...Same guy claiming his team is the top when they have won Jack Shite!

Sorry Regs...Was that two or three B C titles for your lot??? I thought so.

Carry on though.....

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it in here.... Everybody thinks that their team is the best!! i thought Masters was suppose to be about having fun. Shite its competitive anyway you wanna look at it... We old men just hate to lose!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0