Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 January & February Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been posted on the vmsl site since 4pm that the Sapp game has been moved to Sunday at hastings bowl

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WAB...you should try the new Burnaby turf fields...I noticed both are ready to go and had guys training. Nice if you have kids and live in Burnaby.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I live in Richmond and my 4 year-old plays on Hugh Boyd Turf. She mentioned to me last week how she noticed the difference between old Bby and Boyd - better turning, truer bounce, etc, etc.:rolleyes:

I wish the old guys can get the new turf soon.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's Predictions for Feb 6th Weekend

ICSF Inter vs Columbus FC 2-1 - The shocker of the week with Columbus missing too many chances early.

Sapperton Rovers vs Cliff Avenue FC 2-0 - A little payback from a determined Sapp side. Sapp really needs this one.

Metro-Ford Firefighters vs RCIU 0-3 - MFFC has packed it in for the year. Too many injuries and missed chances have cost them.

Surrey United vs West Van FC Tie 3-3 - That long of travel that early on a Sunday. WestVan battle back for the draw.

Westside FC "A" vs PCOV "A" Tie 2-2 - Westside will be missing many players because they're not playing Sapp. It'll be a real battle with 2 ejections and 4 yellows. Westside come from behind to tie.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United vs West Van FC Tie 3-3 - That long of travel that early on a Sunday. WestVan battle back for the draw.

WAB, while I may not necessarily disagree with you on the tie prediction in this one, I do not think that Planks will give up three. He has had more clean sheets over the last few years than the Von Trapps on laundry day.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick heads up:

Slurrey won't allow fields to open before noon this weekend so our game is being changed to a noon KO. Advantage: WV and the Cubs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, while I may not necessarily disagree with you on the tie prediction in this one, I do not think that Planks will give up three. He has had more clean sheets over the last few years than the Von Trapps on laundry day.
Well it's going to be wild at at Cow Palace come Sunday. Kiss of death, my friend - New Prediction 4-4 with Planks having one go off the post, then his nose, and in the net.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB. I hope we get the new turf too...the old stuff just doesn't work for our joints anymore...

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 2 - 0 MFFF......

Report tomorrow!

Nothing to really report JOHN.....you guys scored on your chances...we squandered ours...such has been the case for the whole season....thus...RCIU..3 earned points....you know the rest...

Cheers!

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,
I am crushed, 3 goals..... having said that I have not forgotten my last 5 goal game, (Last year, Westside) not a pretty sight. Not a proud moment. Boy did I get lit up. Kind of like the threats I have been getting lately. ;) Fantabulous.

Sir M,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. At least somebody believes in me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks,

BRM will not pump in 5 goals tomorrow, I'm pretty sure of that. We will, however, take our chances with high crosses from 45 yards out.

:D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 2 - 0 MFFF......

Report tomorrow!

Nothing to really report JOHN.....you guys scored on your chances...we squandered ours...such has been the case for the whole season....thus...RCIU..3 earned points....you know the rest...

Cheers!

I agree. Neither team played well, you guys in the final third and us all over the park. We had two chances and finished.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks,

BRM will not pump in 5 goals tomorrow, I'm pretty sure of that. We will, however, take our chances with high crosses from 45 yards out.

:D
I disagree. It's going to be one of those games where both teams feel like they have no control of the pace; back and forth with many openings all over the park. It's going to be a gong show on the back line for both teams and every chance will go in.
2-0 SU
2-1
3-1
3-2 Half
3-3
4-3 SU
4-4

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,
That was a shot wasn't it.
I can hear the chirping on the park now, "just get it on net" or " just put it in the box" , "he is like a Vampire, he hates crosses". I love it. That was my first game in 6 months. Unfortunately it was the only goal of the game and we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0