Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 January & February Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm......sounds like something that happened to a friend of mine who told the board what he thought of his suspension and ended up getting 1 YEAR!!!

Cheers!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our guy, DC, got three games for telling off the referee something. The ref thought he said a few other things which he did not...his back was facing the other way??
Anyways, he went to the hearing and got it down to 2 games...still a bit harsh for something he didn't say. I wonder who reffed the game, Freddy?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness, I heard Miro's report was not that harsh. So, I guess the HQ guys took it on themselves to deliver a harsh message? Not sure wtf the point of a 4 game suspension is at the end of the year with cup games on our top scorer. There just doesn't seem to be consistency in punishment. Really, no one should have to go to a meeting to beg for lesser games - what is the point of that? It should be black and white, unless, you really pull the wank and do yourself in. Two yellows = 1 game. 1 Red, professional foul = 1 game. 3 yellows in the season = 1 game. 1 Red, nasty, ugly foul = 2 games. Beyond that, if you are fighting, I am not sure - a few for sure. If you diss the ref in a harsh way, you are a douche and deserve 1 more game than whatever you were going to get from the foul he/she called you on, but not more than that. End of story.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always go to your hearing

It was a good thing for Kent that he went to the hearing, what actually happened on his goalie tackle and what was in the report differed greatly. I'm sure if he didn't go he would have gotten 3 games. He got 1.
I think referees sometimes feel they must justify tossing players, via the staight red, to the discipline board, by giving harsh statements.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - West Van 1
Well other than the first 20 minutes, Sapperton had all the the play and the score of 3-1 was being very kind. It could have been 6 instead. Sapp came out flat to start then going down 1-0. After that WV stopped playing and from then on Sapp took it to them. At the Half I could hear Favs yelling at his players for not getting the ball. Well it must have worked because he scored the next two goals. One was a gimme on my part. but what can I say. Sapp also hit two post and had numerous breakaways. It was a tough night for WV. Myself especially. Collided knees in the first half, doesn't feel that great this morning. WAB How is the other guys knee? Good for the Sapp guys to finally get that WV monkey off their back. Now onto the cup.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - West Van 1

Sapp broke their longest winless streak against one team. At least 8 games, from what we can all recall, dating back to at least 2005. We were 0-1-7 up to last night. The 2 "Wests' - Van & Side - give us the most trouble, so it great to finally break the seemingly bad luck we have against one of them (I recall, 2 years ago, a game we were up 3-0 at half only to lose 4-3 and miss a PK to tie with 5 to go, and last year's game where WV scored 2 goals right at the end of time to win 2-1).

WV early with Steve Macs' nimble turn in the box and roofing it from 5 yards out off the corner. The rest of the half was a pretty tight, even game with lots of bad passing from both teams, but some really good ball movement as well. I hit one off the post from 7 out and Planks had a good save off of a volley from the top of the box. Tommy made a couple good saves off of close in WV chances including an early semi-breakaway.
The 2nd saw Paul Favs take over and Sapp followed. A great cross from the left from Roy Mattarollo was headed home brilliantly by Paul. 15min later, another good hard cross by Roy was back heeled by Favs at the 5 yard line. Planks misplayed the very slick, spinning ball and it went right through his hands - 2-1. I'm sure Planks wanted #3 back as well. Another hard, low cross by Roy ended up being mishandled by the diving keeper. It came out Clint at the 6 with an partially open net. He could have shot but instead he back heeled it to Geoff Johnston for the easy goal. WV pushed hard for the final 15minutes and had the ball around our 25 but couldn't muster a really good scoring chance.

Side note:
You would think after playing against each other for 24 years that Clarke would know which Brian he was battling. Both on the ground with 1 min to go, he's helling "You're a cheap, Wevers! You're cheap asshole, Wevers!". I yell out, "That's Donald. No wonder everybody hates me in this league." :D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez...know how you feel about being sore the next morning Planks!....wait....no I don't...we got to NOT play last night.....what a joke....imagine...."we don't play Friday night,we only play Sundays at 10am".....what a pile of bull! Grow up! At least I'm not sore. Anybody know what happen in the Inter/Richmond game?

Cheers!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - West Van 1
Well other than the first 20 minutes, Sapperton had all the the play and the score of 3-1 was being very kind. It could have been 6 instead. Sapp came out flat to start then going down 1-0.

It's funny how we both see it. Usually one would have a bias slant for their team. I thought it was a pretty even game. It got away from you when you were behind by a goal. That's when it opened up in the back line and we missed those chances. I hit 2 posts tonight, albiet the outside of it. Also, Danny missed from close range at the start of the 2nd (Tommy had a couple of really important, good stops). That would have made it 2-0 and probably game over.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Just wondering where the other Fav brother was last night. Rumor was that he was seen at the Lynnwood last night until 2:30am dancing away at a 'school event'. He even slow danced with Dickens during one song. Closest Dickens has been to a Fav brother in years ............ and that includes the time he was asked to man mark him last year. (Hi Bear Cub).:D

JAGS

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that if I stop that second goal it might have been different. Tommy said the same thing happened to him against Cliff. Oh well. The third goal, well what do you do, I let it go and take the chance of a clearance, or go for it and hope for the best. Unfortunately I couldn't hold on to it. Notice that all your goals came from left side crosses. Hmmmmm. You guys had a number or chances after that and yes in the last 15 we pushed opening ourselves up. It has been a good season for you guys, Well done. A lot of teams have gotten the WV monkey off their back this year. ( Columbus as well). Reality sinks in. Tough league it is. The cup is here. No more league games for us. I think we are in the BC's, but we will have to do well in the cup to make sure. Good luck the rest of the season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like the Sapp/WV game lived up to the hype.

Gotta hand it to you WAB, you're pushing the right buttons in New West... driving home from work last night, I pull up to the lights at 6th & McBride... look over at the big electronic billboard on the corner and what scrolls up?

Tonight Sapperton Rovers vs West Vancouver Mercer Stadium 9:00PM

:D

Excellent stuff.

By the lack of posts, I'm assuming Richmond didn't get a result last night? If they won, they would have clinched a BC spot...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks,

You guys can do no worse than 4th in the standings - you clinched a BC berth last weekend.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Just wondering where the other Fav brother was last night. Rumor was that he was seen at the Lynnwood last night until 2:30am dancing away at a 'school event'.
JAGS
You are correct. He's in "Let's-take-things-slowly" mode with his Sapp relationship right now. He'll be in "marriage" mode come cup time. :)

Out of the line-up last night: Arnie, Sully, McNabb, Mike Favs, Kent. Bohica played 35 minutes up front. Did a really good job in relief for pplmvr fpr the 1st half.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like the Sapp/WV game lived up to the hype.

Gotta hand it to you WAB, you're pushing the right buttons in New West... driving home from work last night, I pull up to the lights at 6th & McBride... look over at the big electronic billboard on the corner and what scrolls up?

Tonight Sapperton Rovers vs West Vancouver Mercer Stadium 9:00PM

:D

Excellent stuff.

PV, one of our executives, put that together. Just trying to promote soccer.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the RCIU Masters team who have now qualified for the Provincials. Great job, boys. This merge was obviously a good thing. ;) :D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct. He's in "Let's-take-things-slowly" mode with his Sapp relationship right now. He'll be in "marriage" mode come cup time. :)

Out of the line-up last night: Arnie, Sully, McNabb, Mike Favs, Kent. Bohica played 35 minutes up front. Did a really good job in relief for pplmvr fpr the 1st half.

He was sure getting his 'fitness' in on the dance floor last night. I think he 'man marked' no less than 8 women. And everybody knows the quality of women at the Lynwood is comparable to 'Rehab Pool at the Hard Rock in Vegas'. Hope he made it out of there alive.

We too were missing a few guys .......... most noteable, Bakes. But also Besty, A Easton, J Easton, Grange, Carphin, Little Jua, DMan, Felix, Randy Celebrini, Eddie Cannon ....... just to name a few.

JAGS:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So congrats to the 4 teams who have qualified for the BCs already:

Sapp
Columbus
WV
Richmond

Richmond must easily be the hottest team in the league right now, good timing!

2 BC spots left, I think the 5th place team will get in for sure but the final spot may be a "wildcard".

It's going to be a battle!
Congratulations to the RCIU Masters team who have now qualified for the Provincials. Great job, boys. This merge was obviously a good thing. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0