Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December/January Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norgate was dreadfully small, but the game between WVFC and Wickham was entertaining. With only one pass between the boxes, it really helped to speed up the game (although it didn't seem to be helping the Aztecas and Vikings game next door quite as much.) Even a rare appearance by the sun to boot. Nice.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van defeated Wickham by a 2-0 score today. That means, I believe, that Wickham gets relegated, which is a shame.

I have heard that MF has basically called it a day as no one wants to run the team and many players have already signed elsewhere. If Wickham can't take their spot, I wonder if they can buy it from MF?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0 - Sapp 2. That was the first game on grass in a long time. We came out stinking, turned the ball over at least 3 times to their forward (new really bad habit) and suffered 2 goals in the first half. Second goal was arguably off side as many but Miro saw. In the second half, we pressed hard, was stripped of a goal, (again by Miro who had an unusually off game - both ways, but hurt us harder). And we got skunked. I can't blame Miro as much as I would like to as we still didn't score more goals - we should have risen and still won the game, but we didn't. But, he clearly has put on a hard 20 pounds around the gut which is impacting both is ability to be in the right position as well as some kind of chemical that is impacting his judgement.:eek:

Sapp ran hard and deserved the win. There you go WAB, there are the points we "owed" you from earlier in the season.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0 - Sapp 2. That was the first game on grass in a long time. We came out stinking, turned the ball over at least 3 times to their forward (new really bad habit) and suffered 2 goals in the first half. Second goal was arguably off side as many but Miro saw. In the second half, we pressed hard, was stripped of a goal, (again by Miro who had an unusually off game - both ways, but hurt us harder). And we got skunked. I can't blame Miro as much as I would like to as we still didn't score more goals - we should have risen and still won the game, but we didn't. But, he clearly has put on a hard 20 pounds around the gut which is impacting both is ability to be in the right position as well as some kind of chemical that is impacting his judgement.:eek:

Sapp ran hard and deserved the win. There you go WAB, there are the points we "owed" you from earlier in the season.;)

Rough weekend...........

The weather was nice though. :)

kingR

Apr 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Regs, I was thinking this was a different site. I now remember it is TTP. I was thinking and posting as if it were the STS site. Didn't work in the end as we lost, but I will be a little more sympathetic and weary of my site selection next time I post... STS (Scare The shite)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You lost me after Sorry :confused:
Sorry Regs, I was thinking this was a different site. I now remember it is TTP. I was thinking and posting as if it were the STS site. Didn't work in the end as we lost, but I will be a little more sympathetic and weary of my site selection next time I post... STS (Scare The shite)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I get it. But I'm a lot smarter than Regs. :D

He's still a shite, whether he was scared or not.:D

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like somebody had a time out!

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 0 PCOV 0
The ref didn't show and for awhile it looked like we wouldn't be playing once again...He arrived and we got our game under way. Dominated play...I think PCOV had one shot on goal. RZ should go for a run tonight to get some fitness in...He was bored silly. We had a number of chances but PCOV held up well. Their tackling antics are a different topic though...Looks like we are done for the top spots so we'll go the cup play route.
A number of signings to report soon....
SCK

Your right you guys dominated, if you mean by whinning and crying. Give your head a shake. With Nick D in your line-up and 22 loud mouths on the sideline you still couldn't beat our 50+ goalie who still comes off his line with more balls that that chicken you have in your pipes.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If management is the issue, Wickham could run first and second teams -- no shortage of players between Coquitlam and the North Shore. Sounds like it is too late for the MF lads, although if a small group wanted to try it on for a league cup run...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter:
Did you guys even cross center? Maybe if you didn't put eight guys in the back and actually tried to score you would have got somewhere. Relying on the ref for the offside trap is not going to get you anywhere...
SCK

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard through the grape vine that MF will lose their spot next year rather than have teams continue to do the same thing for years to come. It will be interesting next year with the PCOV/inter merger .... I am sure there will be an abundance of homemade whine......

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter has plenty of Whine and here is how they make it, it starts up front and comes out of the back end and straight into the pipes, serves up to 25 people per game.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting next year with the PCOV/inter merger .... I am sure there will be an abundance of homemade whine.....

Taxman: You are right on one thing. There was discussion on merging the two side about two or three years ago. But we couldn't decide on which clubhouse to keep on Commercial drive....
SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Inter has plenty of Whine and here is how they make it, it starts up front and comes out of the back end and straight into the pipes, serves up to 25 people per game."

Look who's whining?? From a guy who begs to get time on the field and probably only gets a few minutes per game because his teammates know it'll keep quiet albeit for a few short minutes. What difference do you make on your stellar squad? No wonder we didn't select you on our Nations Cup team....
SCK

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Inter has plenty of Whine and here is how they make it, it starts up front and comes out of the back end and straight into the pipes, serves up to 25 people per game."

Look who's whining?? From a guy who begs to get time on the field and probably only gets a few minutes per game because his teammates know it'll keep quiet albeit for a few short minutes. What difference do you make on your stellar squad? No wonder we didn't select you on our Nations Cup team....
SCK

Are you saying he has a limited lifetime as a Salamander then turns into a toad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0