Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December/January Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the draw is being done this Saturday.

Cup play usually begins second week of Feb, no?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just had a quick gander through last year's archives on TTP and we didn't start league cup play until March last year :eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know Hose needs some time to arrange for a back up Sweeper.

He's actually moving up the ladder. He now stocks shelves.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs last year we had all of those postponements, in fact they cut out the Div 1 teams. I think the league is much further along this year, and I don't know but I would guess it will be a larger draw (at least 1 or even 2 in some cases more rounds). But who knows.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope you are right Sir M. The way they did it last year wasn't good. Two years ago they had groups of four. That way it put everyone on the same playing field.
SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK why don't you get your head out of Taxman's ass. What are you his puppet?

Get a REAL job Hose and maybe we'll stop buggin ya...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman:
After all our banter it looks like its you guys and us....Let the fun begin!
SCK

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 - Cliff Ave 2

Cliff very lucky to get a PK on a more than suspect (CRAP):eek: call by Miro. That guy is losing it. That tied it up. Columbus had more of the play and the better scoring chances.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what you think Planks, don't hold back. No Big M in the nets for Cliff, but Columbus was without the league's leading scorer, and no Sarge.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 - Cliff Ave 2

Cliff very lucky to get a PK on a more than suspect (CRAP):eek: call by Miro. That guy is losing it. That tied it up. Columbus had more of the play and the better scoring chances.

Nice to see Columbus on the wrong side of a ref's call for a change - I am sure it was Hose with the foul - actually that would not be possible - for that to happen he would need to have been inside his own 18.:D:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a question for those who are older,wiser and balder than me. Trying to get some answers for something that ain't occuring for a year or 2.

How difficult is it to get a team into the vmsl masters league?
Our club is inching that way as some of us are getting near the age where we can move into Masters as we get our young guys ready to take over. Is there a waiting list or anything to get in or would we be best to get involved with a current masters team. Wondering as one of our ex players was wondering last night when we are going to have a team so he can play again.( i may be fat but i am waayyyyy fitter than he is.:D)
Thanks if anyone has a clue of what the deal was.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you have to start in Div 2 and work your way up - Peter/Freddy may be able to shed more light as I think Westside just went through this?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We thought it would be Div 3 actually. It is the room question. Until this year there has been a waiting list to join the vmsl. Teams were on a list to get into div 2 if spots opened up. The formation of div 3 let most of them in. WOndering if a list is in place or needed for the Masters leagues.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the book, you start in 3rd div and work your way up. If your team is going to kick everyone's ass in 3rd, nobody wants that--not the teams and not the league. I think it really depends on the quality of the team applying: there have been instances of teams walking into premier because of their pedigree. It's decided on a case by case basis it seems.

The other way to do it is to CAT up with somebody and take over as the existing braintrust (as it were) age out of the more competitive side of things. This is tricky but doable if you find the right team...I have no idea who a likely candidate would be right now but there may be one ripe for the picking as I type. Trece Verde (I think) had a list of teams who were without CAT structure not too long ago so that would be a good place to start I guess to test the waters. CAT teams are not eligible for promotion though so the "switch" of your players for theirs is the way to the higher divisions.

Good luck in your quest, I won't be seeing you on your journey until we catch up in the O-50/60's or something. Rugby has a good system where people from different decades wear different coloured shorts and there are different rules for different players as far as contact is concerned.

Cheers, Peter

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that WVFC have signed a keeper with an excellent "past" experience in Cup Play.

Any truth??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0