Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] September/October Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out at Charles Best this eve, it was West Van 6, and Metro Ford 0.

A couple of newly signed WV frontrunners were really dangerous, but to be fair MF were missing many players...they didnt even have 11 til about the half hour mark, at which point WV was already up 2-0.

... and what grade were these frontrunners in :wa:? I'll bet they cannot play in the BCs .....
Anyone else out there that thinks allowing underagers makes no sense ?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One can, and one can not. The one that can scored two goals in an hour. And he is still pretty upset about the slag against his younger brother.

Be very careful here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 2
PCOV 0

Too much rain. Much too much rain. A lot of emotions as well which made for a great game to be a part of. The footie at times was suspect but all-in-all perhaps our best effort of the year. We countered extremely well and I don't believe PCOV had a shot on net all evening.

As an aside, and I believe I said this last year, Burnaby Lake is a joke. Footy is not and never should be played on a surface like that. It is a knee and ankle killer :(

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question to you Sir M ?

Why were you posting at 10:53 pm on a Friday night after a big win.

Please don't tell me that West Van has given up the late night escapades!

Say it aint so! :rolleyes:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gloating in their new found glory....hahahaha....now take us...no gloating because of no glory...and sorry Regs...you'll have to change your prediction of our game as it will be impossible for me to score 3 as I won't be there due to my daugthers cup game.....fun playing on the "lake" eh!

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, do not worry. Although I did not partake in the festivities last night because of early morning work commitments today, many of the rest carried on.

I am told one West Van player ended up at Doolin's last night, and ordered a drink. He was advised seconds later by the knuckle dragging bouncer to drink up. The West Van player's comment:

"Fcuk off. If you want to make me guzzle my drink then dont take my money and serve me one".

And, forthwith, the WV player was then uncerimoniously sent out the door, headfirst, onto Nelson Street.

But, some of these players are, if nothing else, resilient.

So I'm at work this morning, and I get a call at 1100 AM:

Sir M: "Hello, Sir M speaking."

WV player: "What happened to you last night? I thought we were going to play poker".

Sir M: "Sorry, couldn't make it. Something came up last night, and I had to go into work first thing this morning. I told JAGS." (PS we all refer to eachother by our TTP names, seriously). "Where are you?"

WV player: "At Cactus West." (Interpretation for non North Shore residents who do not spend most of their time patronizing licensed establishments that employ waitresses with a penchant for tight clothing, this is a reference to The Cactus Club restaurant at Park Royal in West Vancouver).

Sir M: "Its eleven in the morning. What are you doing there?"

WV player: "Having a caesar and a steak".

Sir M: "Is your wife out of town or something?"

WV player: "Never mind. Are you coming down?"

Sir M: "No. How did you get yourself to Cactus West this time of day?"

WV player: "Well I got a call from..." (another WV player who I will not name, but is rather an anomaly on this side as he is a bit of hard tackler)... "and he told me we were going to be opening Cactus West this morning, and to pick him up in 5, or else. So are you coming down?"

Sir M: "Sorry, no."

WV player: "OK, track later?" (This will be a reference to Hastings Park).

Sir M: "Sounds good. But I need a ride, I don't want to have to walk across the second narrows in the rain in the morning."

WV player: "Good, because I have a lot of work to do, and I have to pick if I am going to get hammered in the day, or in the evening. So I am going to go with the day, and stay home tonight and get some stuff done."

Sir M.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice stuff.

Was Ginger involved in these actions?

Who are the new front runners filling the net for West Van.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ginger was not involved, much like his recent play actually:p.

Although it does sound like something he would get up to.

The two brothers I refer to are Mandla and Sipho, the latter who by the way was suspended since 1997 until a week ago, for a two yellow card $10 fine while with Peg. The fine was handed out by Alex Bell, and Azzi says, when we paid, that it was a new record for the oldest fine collected.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M , heard that the game is under protest because Sipho is carded and still on the roster for the National Futsal Team and Beach soccer team and has to wait a certain amount of time to play in our league.

poggieandproud

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,
no way Scottyshell will score 3 in their game.. he hasn't scored 3 goals since trying out for the grade 7 team in the gym of Douglas Elementary School. It won't happen!!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
he hasn't scored 3 goals since trying out for the grade 7 team in the gym of Douglas Elementary School. It won't happen!!

Wow....that is a long time ago. Didn't know they had a soccer team back then in a Burnaby school...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update.

Recent (like ten minutes ago) text message:

"Sorry, don't know if I can make the track...still at Cactus".

Sir M.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow....that is a long time ago. Didn't know they had a soccer team back then in a Burnaby school...

Watch it Kamloops Boy...:p

Parkcrest team Alumni...

I have reason to doubt that Sir M was, as he has claimed, at work this morning. At approximately 1125 AM, whilst delivering a portion of my squadron of East Van Junior Terrorists to Amblesnide Park to do battle with the scions of the Hoi Polloi, I noticed a silver-haired driver in a silver Audi erratically following me down Marine Drive. He was either suffering from a bad case of Tourette's, or just gesticulating in an extremely Mediterranean fashion at his hands-free phone, so I changed lanes and let him pull up alongside. Since Demonspawn #1 always insists on opening the car windows to share his speed metal with the rest of the planet, I could hear snippets of his conversation above the guitar bridges: "chort," "bear cubs," "track," "rankings," "walk" and something about "expensive plastic surgeon" led me to believe that something might be afoot.

Then again, since West Van has the highest per-capita concentration of silver-haired drivers of silver Audis in the country, one never can quite be sure.

I am serious...

Trece

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has been a SirM sighting in Vancouver in the back parking lot of the Race Track. Somebody tell him there is no Racing today. By the way nice wheels SirM.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 8 (I think, maybe 9?) - Cracovia 1.
I don't know what to say - could have been a lot more. I think Cracovia is in no man's land - they seem to win Div 1, but can't compete in Premier. Tough situation. They did score a cracker of a goal, though. Nice one timer ripper from about 20 that went in off the post.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 Inter 2

Surprise. Surprise. A tie. Really could have been won by either side. Tale of two halves for us...Sapp all over us in the first but couldn't score early. We countered on a "lovely" cross?? and finished well by TF, our big guy who gave them all they could handle up front. They responded well though with a goal against the run of play. Then countered on another from a wonderful crack by BW. Wow! 2-1 Sapp. We were simply all over them in the second. They seemed to be content giving the ball away especially their backline. We had numerous opportunties to tie and take the lead...Got a PK to draw even in the last fifteen. Sounds familiar...

The only downside today(besides the weather) was the referee....Complete joke. Shouldn't be doing Premier. Period. I hope others don't get him. I'd rather have Big M....I am serious. On to the Italian Derby on the turf next week. Should be a good game.
SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0