Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] September/October Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry SCK, I don't understand your post/question of me?

But what I can say is that I am really disappointed that last night one of the opposing players made an extremely offensive racial slur against one of our players when the game was virtually over.

I can't stop thinking about it.

And for once, I am serious. Very serious.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 1 Inter 1

A game in which we really should have had three early on....They got one of the worst called PK's I have seen in the first half (although Hose may disagree about that....). Down to ten men late in the game on an ugly tackle that was unacceptable from us we still continued after them. They in turn got a red when Murray sharpened his elbows and whacked one of our defenders across the head. I don't think he touched the ball much today...We scored a very late goal that was justified based on the entire game played. We'll again take one and look to get some more points next week at home against Sapp.

Regs: you guys owe your keeper(Ange) a dinner or two after a stellar performance in the pipes....

SCK

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, let's see now... it was a long ball down the wing which our keeper went way outside to challenge (he said that it was going to be a breakaway if he didn't wander out there) then it pinged around across the field and some guy toed it into the empty net.

Sounds like it was 2-0 over on the other field, it was 1-0 for WVFC when I left (and as mentioned, the one I saw was a bad oops on FF's part.)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am advised that the person that allegedly made the slur I mentioned above did not make that slur, and we misheard it. And we are very grateful for that. I have no reason to doubt this.

So that is over, and we can carry on.

PS: Sometimes it is difficult to interpret ColemanJ's subjunctive clauses, but he may have been referring to our Friday score which was 2-0 for West Van over Firefighters.

Any other scores today?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK's report is pretty much spot-on.

We were not up to snuff on the day for whatever reason and Inter looked very good. Except for SCK, he needs to have a laugh once in awhile or something :)

Cheers,

Regs.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
I am really disappointed that last night one of the opposing players made an extremely offensive racial slur against one of our players when the game was virtually over.

Opposing team being the Firefighters? That is a real SURPRISE

Mr. Rempa

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Except for SCK, he needs to have a laugh once in awhile or something.

Just a "grumpy old man" I guess....You should know that!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 3- Sapp 1
It was a good battle at that shite hole of a field. We scored early Kevins 9th of the year. First half was even with both teams sharing chances. Second Half they came at us with some good preassure by the Fav Bros. Columbus scored on the counter attack and a couple of reds were given. I think Kent and Sal were sent off. Kent for yapping and Sal just because he is Italian. Anyways good game and looking forward to play Cliff.......NOT

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i concur with SCK and Regs, we did not play well at all. Inter were all over us. However, we seem to have a knack for pulling the rabbit out of the hat. Angelo was sensational. He keeps talking to himself. I am starting to worry. Come to think of it, so does Zambrano. Italian thing?

Is it just me, but are Sunday evenings a constant struggle to keep the eyes open on the couch? My beer is always warm when I wake up from my ten minute naps. The wife's glare is not enjoyable.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballz, it's not just you. It's just another of the signs of advancing age and decrepitude that we used to laugh at our fathers and grandfathers about. A good trick I learned from my father: cover your nap by "reading" the paper. Tabloids don't work for this; you must use a broadsheet for sufficient coverage. One must needs also to have one's own "favourite" chair. You also need to learn the trick of locking your forearms while asleep to keep the paper in an upright position.

Of course this can all be defeated by a smart-ass 6 year old who thinks it's great fun to whack the middle of the paper every time he hears dad snoring, but that's part of the challenge. Helps his reaction time too, by developing the fast-twitch muscles when getting out of the way of projectiles...

Conversely, one must also be careful where one takes one's kips. On the couch at the outlaw's place usually doesn't go over too well, especially when one is drinking one's father-in-law's beers. When that happens, you get glares in stereo from the wife AND the mother-in-law, and the sympathy look from the father-in-law just doesn't cut it.

"Remember, we're all in this together. Keep your stick on the ice."

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report from the nether reaches of the league:

Spurz 2 Caribbean Allstars 0.

Had a toast in Jim Lowe's honour after the game; we'll all miss the guy. I can dream about being 70 and still playing at the Masters' level...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have the Westside boys left yet for their trip to Chile/Argentina/insertsomesouthamericancountryhere ?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
November 8-18. Look out Argentina, here we come. We did provide them advanced notice so they could brew up extra beer.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for the weekend:

Rain. Seriously.

Other notables:

PCOV "A" vs BRM - BRM we're struggling for bodies but will pull it out. We'll win too.

MF vs WVFC - WVFC SirM has the boys winning now, MF is struggling, Francis can't be happy about that.

Columbus vs Cliff Ave - Cliff Columbus is obviously very strong but didn't play well last week and this Cliff team seems to be poised to run the table. Game will be postponed but predictions are fun.

Inter vs Sapp - Tie at some point, Inter is going to win a game and Sapp is going to score a couple of goals. That point is not now.

Cracovia VS Westside - Westside by how many would be a harder prediction... 5-0 is the call.

Firemen vs Wickham - Firemen Walks slots 2 but Firemen still manage to pull out a 3-2 victory thanks to 3 by Scottyshell.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for what it is worth...

PCOV "A" vs SU- Tie. I think SU will take for the granted the Portugese
MF vs WVFC - WVFC since Sir M.'s group are on "the ball"
Columbus vs Cliff Ave - The second "Italian Derby". Both will try to defend and score but Cliff will edge them out in goal.

Inter vs Sapp - I think Inter is ready for a win(with or without the F. brothers)
Cracovia VS Westside - Westide. Easy.
Firemen vs Wickham - Firemen in a close one.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus vs Cliff Ave - The second "Italian Derby". Both will try to defend and score but Cliff will edge them out in goal.

Really SCK defend and score and to think we were going to break out and have a Bocce tournament. Your predictions suck like your team scoring goals. Oh yeah wait you pick Columbus to loose surprise, surprise.
I will be surprised if your game goes over 1 so I will take the tie 0-0 Inter Sapp and yes SCK you were man of the match.......again!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out at Charles Best this eve, it was West Van 6, and Metro Ford 0.

A couple of newly signed WV frontrunners were really dangerous, but to be fair MF were missing many players...they didnt even have 11 til about the half hour mark, at which point WV was already up 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0