Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] September/October Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's bury, as in dig a hole. Not burry as in cold. And it should be weak, as in not strong. Not week as in don't post for a few weeks.

T-Idiot. Take it easy on Hose. After all, he went to school in East Van...I think that he may have attended AR Lord Elem...I don't think they had English class back then for the Italians...
SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions(hope they are better than Regs...)

West Van FC/Columbus FC
Great matchup. Battle of offenses. Sounds like WV are scoring goals...so are Columbus. WV in a close one

Wickham FC/Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves
MF struggling lately. I think Wickham will take them tonight.

Cliff Ave. United "A"/ ICSF Inter
A good test for Cliff...Are they for real? Will Inter score more than one?
W for Inter.

Sapperton Rovers/PCOV "A"
Sapp looked decent last week. Sapp win.

Surrey United/Cracovia FC
The big question is: how many will Murray or MM get?
Westside FC "A"
Firefighters FC
FF looking for a win. Not this weekend though. WFC will win.

favs

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sck,
i notice that you have 5 of the 6 winners coming from side B in these crossover matches and that the only one coming from your side happens to be a team you probably can't pick to lose. Are you trying to say that one side happens to be much stronger than the other.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 2 - Columbus 1. KC with another to open scoring. WV with two in the second: AE on a little clip over the keeper and CB on a PK.

Quick run over to the treefort to warm up, Wickham 7 - MF 1... got there late, Wickham playing with 10 men but up 4-0 already. What was that about side B?

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full marks to WV for the win last night. We definately had an off night. Besides the first 20 minutes, we generated nothing going forward. Stay tuned as I'm sure Hose will give a more indepth analysis of the game.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We definately had an off night.

Sarge,

Isn't usually having 'an off night' from the quality of the play of your opponent on the night.:confused::confused:

Anyway, good match and too bad the Ref was not at the level of the two teams. As usual, you ran a marathon in the midfield.

Cheers,
JAGS

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyway, good match and too bad the Ref was not at the level of the two teams.

I wonder who that could be??
SCK

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Cliff Ave over Inter.

Spirited contest between East Van rivals. Nicely taken glancing header by Joe Giovinazzo from a well-struck Dino Ferrara cross.

Cliff has obviously been following Delta Metro Blaze tactics from the open premier division. They did not have many chances but capitalized on the one clear chance they had.

All in all, time well wasted on Sunday morning.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0 - Firemen 2. I just got the report as I am in Scottsdale. 2 controversial goals called back on us that would have had us up 2-1. Apparently we gave up the second goal near the end while pressing. If ands were buts, I suppose . . . very sad, indeed :( The boys will be drowning their sorrows in plenty of alcohol to forget this one:cool:

Mind you, I think this plays well into lulling the opposition into expecting less of us:rolleyes:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree with Oranje and his comments that Cliff ONLY had one chance...and they finished it off nicely.

However, a few more details are needed. We really had the run of play the entire match. Only to miss a few breakaways and one off the crossbar. Cliff showed very little...the big question is how they have all of those wins??

A straight red was given to one of their subs who came in and really hurt Cliff defensively in the second half. Mario made some key saves but we really deserved this one. Back to Sir M.'s group next week. Maybe we can take it out on them... At least we'll be back on grass. We really shouldn't be playing on that turf..Ouch!!
SCK

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 3-0 Cracovia

Not much to say, we hit about 10 posts/crossbars. Good bunch of guys on Cracovia, if they get more bodies out I think they will surprise a few teams.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 3-0 Cracovia

Not much to say, we hit about 10 posts/crossbars. Good bunch of guys on Cracovia, if they get more bodies out I think they will surprise a few teams.

..............and to add, if Cracovia stops relying on the offiside trap so much and have faith in their defenders to do the orthodox job, they will cease to suffer from inaccurate lopsided defeats. The fact today is if we had a referee calling the offside trap more carefully, Cracovia could have lost by a much larger difference. We ran the trap very well, but still got called. So frustrating!!!:mad:

A good run on and off the pitch. The Poles, they can drink!:eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The poles CAN drink. Just look at the empties they used to leave at Strathcona Park....

SCK

poggieandproud

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy
It seems that Firefighters, as you know,always play well against a good bunch of West End Boys. I would say that playing on the "postage stamp of Quilchina" helped, thinking Scottshell and the boys are not in mid season shape!!!!!!!!until April.....

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does "mid season" shape look like anyway? That's why we carry a lot of spare "tires" on our team....haha...who's got time to go to a gym or run on their own (boring as hell)...now our "job" says no more workouts involving "competition"......too many "owies"...back to the couch where it's safe...haha...where's the clicker?

Cheers!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does "mid season" shape look like anyway? That's why we carry a lot of spare "tires" on our team....haha...who's got time to go to a gym or run on their own (boring as hell)...now our "job" says no more workouts involving "competition"......too many "owies"...back to the couch where it's safe...haha...where's the clicker?

Cheers!

No more workouts involving competition? Like Grecko-Roman wrestling? Ultimate fighting? Walleyball? What exactly? On the job or off the job?

Off to the gym. Meeting all my teammates for some circuit training.:rolleyes:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more workouts involving competition? Like Grecko-Roman wrestling? Ultimate fighting? Walleyball? What exactly? On the job or off the job?

Off to the gym. Meeting all my teammates for some circuit training.:rolleyes:

All of the above.....actually...wallyball,soccer,ultimate frisbee,squash,raquetball,handball and I think tiddleywinks! Stuuuuuuuupid move...here comes the pounds!

Cheers!:knvb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0