Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] September/October Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for the weekend:

Rain. Seriously.

Other notables:

PCOV "A" vs BRM - BRM we're struggling for bodies but will pull it out. We'll win too.

MF vs WVFC - WVFC SirM has the boys winning now, MF is struggling, Francis can't be happy about that.

Columbus vs Cliff Ave - Cliff Columbus is obviously very strong but didn't play well last week and this Cliff team seems to be poised to run the table. Game will be postponed but predictions are fun.

Inter vs Sapp - Tie at some point, Inter is going to win a game and Sapp is going to score a couple of goals. That point is not now.

Cracovia VS Westside - Westside by how many would be a harder prediction... 5-0 is the call.

Firemen vs Wickham - Firemen Walks slots 2 but Firemen still manage to pull out a 3-2 victory thanks to 3 by Scottyshell.
A good weekend for predictions :D Just need Firemen to pull through for a perfect weekend!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I would kill a bit of time before I dropped by the track today, so I took in some of the Inter vs Sapp game. I probably got there about 10 minutes before the half. After having spent quite a bit of time avoiding eye contact with Hose, and unsuccessfully establishing a Sir M won't be noticed parking spot, I caught the last hour or so of this one. These are my thoughts:

I thought based on what I had seen in the first half, that it would have been a 0-0 draw.

Too bad both teams did not have their #1 goaltenders, who it could be argued are in the top 3 or 4 in the league.

Inter were taking it to Sapp in the first half, but Sapp I thought came on in the second half, especially in the last 20 minutes. The call for the peno was justified with about 10 to go, but many referrees in this league would not have called it, or would have said it was outside the box. But the Sapp defender should have been more careful than to kick a guy in the box when he was not in a threatening position, because the official this day really wanted to get himself noticed. And he did. Sapp as a result can feel a bit hard done by, and from what I saw Inter had more of the play but could not hit the net.

It really was a game that you could see a tie being the result.

But I do agree with SCK's evaluation of this referee, although I do not know if I would go as far as rating him worse than Big M.

From a neutral perspective...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
But I do agree with SCK's evaluation of this referee, although I do not know if I would go as far as rating him worse than Big M.

Well...maybe I was a little too harsh. Although the big M. comes from the same part of the world if memory serves me right.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-1. Wow! Scottyshell's group must have been short on guys. I saw them warm up and they looked a little light on the bench.

SCK

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, so Walks with 5 OG's instead of only 2 :)

Good result for Wickham as I think they are now tied with Sapp and we have ourselves a relegation battle?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for our game.................I think we were going to have 10 bodies....it's what happens when you have guys coach their kids teams,loyalty to a team went out the window quite awhile ago cause once you get on the job you can go play wherever you want...(25 yrs and I'm still here...what am I doing?)....no influx of younger players coming out of Metro....and we're not getting any younger...sooooo...guess we'll just look to be the spoilers come Cup time....that would be league cup as the only way into the BC's for us.....at this moment.......okay...enough whining....enjoy the evening lads!

Cheers!

Or......we could join the FVSL...at least we could have two teams to challenge:eek:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty,

Why don't you take on the initiative to finally get us an O40s Premier league? We have been building for this for a couple years. We now have a pile of guys playing O35 Div 2 who are in their later 40s (you know all of them) - and we have a bunch playing on the Premier team who are almost ready to move too. I am guessing Inter wants to move, and certainly Columbus is pulling up new blood, so I bet a bunch of their older Espresso drinkers are ready to get a starting position again. If we can get 6 teams to go, that would be a good start.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The over 40's league has been talked to death..Although, I am sure it will happen eventually. We have a number of guys on our roster that don't play regularly. They would definitely be willing to be in that league. We would easily put a competitive team together. Although, we will still have our present Masters team unless a merger with Cliff Ave. is talked about...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a glut of guys in the 40-50 range, and a bit of a gap and then 32-35 year olds. Next year is definitley the right year to do this. I know it has been proposed a bunch. It is really up to all of us to commit to doing it. Fence sitting won't cut it. Count up the players and let's get it figured out before this season is over.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah....the ole...hey let's get an over 40's league going....I believe we were in on the initial question 2 years ago...I know we already have a bunch of guys playing in the outlaw O40 league that goes at Hastings bowl Sundays..and I've heard they've been known to play games with....get this...no referees!....now that would be just like practice...of course if there are bevvies on the line the game could be well fought...anyway...will bring that up at the next practice I make it to....hmmm...don't know when that'll be either...I know what would make it a definite go though.....a BC's final...there always has to be something to aim for.

Cheers!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this attempt has failed the last two years, but I would suggest it didn't get off the ground because people hummed and hawed on it. 6 committed teams will make this happen and more will follow the next year.

Since we have all been running at each other since Metro Premier days and earlier, I know most of you are in the same vintage, so it is really a matter of looking at the color of the remaining follicles on your heads, the scars on your knees from surgeries, and realizing your kids are now in high school and don't really want you hanging around them and finally deciding to play top soccer, but with guys who were born in the 50's and 60s instead of the 70s. So, probably a topic for a new thread, though . . .

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 Master report
Rich Utd 5- 3 over Shaheen
Semi Stormy Friday night beside a Raging River in N.Van

We went up 3-0 to start ... Shaheen played a combination of kick and run
with touch of short passes which worked really well for them since they move and work hard for each other ... and caused us to react and cause our own issue's which they benefitted from
That being said I never felt we were going to be on the losing side
this night .. that is not a slag on Shaheen

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had numerous opportunties to tie and take the lead...Got a PK to draw even in the last fifteen. Sounds familiar...

The only downside today(besides the weather) was the referee....Complete joke. Shouldn't be doing Premier. Period. I hope others don't get him. I'd rather have Big M....I am serious.
SCK

The PK was a brutal call. The next time anyone clips my heals but I stay on my feet and not lose a step, I'll just stop and wait for the call.

I don't know what happened to us in the 2nd. After the way the first half went for us, we thought the 2nd would be easy and just stopped playing. Ultimately, it cost us. If we could just slot anything early, that game would have been over in the 1st 10 min.

Inter made some changes at half that turned their game around. More pressure all over the field and some player subs did the trick.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey T-Idiot who cares!
Bob I thought that was goal of the year so far. Nice hit! As for the penalty shot call that was very week, I was standing behind the goal and the guy hardly broke his stride. If you guys burry one early Inter would of packed it in.
I also thought that SCK played hard for the 43 min. he played.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey T-Idiot who cares!
Bob I thought that was goal of the year so far. Nice hit! As for the penalty shot call that was very week, I was standing behind the goal and the guy hardly broke his stride. If you guys burry one early Inter would of packed it in.
I also thought that SCK played hard for the 43 min. he played.

It's bury, as in dig a hole. Not burry as in cold. And it should be weak, as in not strong. Not week as in don't post for a few weeks.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will agree that WAB is definitely one of the best dead ball hitters in the league. He nailed a beauty a couple of weeks ago against WVFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0