Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the plaudits bike boy, but our good keeper won't be making it by 7:00 tonight, I'm still at work!!! Then again, they promised me I would be back to playing out tonight so maybe I should scurry out there. Where ever there is... see you all at about 8...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Id

Dont be too apologetic about your home field/start time. There are a few rather nasty venues/times to play in this league this year (although yours is right up there) for example:

Mundy at 730 going out the #1 from the North Shore on a Friday eve.

How about coming in from Surrey to play at 9 PM on a Friday at dark, hard and no change rooms Griffin at the foot of Grouse?

Or :eek: SFU turf field at 9 on a Friday.

BLSCW no drinking hard turf Friday eves?

Cloverdale Athletic at 10 on a Sunday when the Roxy's hours have recently been extended?

Maybe someone should start a poll...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

Toughest venues?

I'd have to say our first visit to Cloverdale ranks as the worst. I thought traveling to the "Ridge" to play the Lobbans was bad enough.

In a close second would be Sapp Park. Still cannot believe our games are there especially after SCP spoiled us with some Queen's Park games. WAB is right though about cancellation games too...

Next up? Well, it would have to be Richmond. Where the hell is that game? Not sure yet.

I don't mind Griffin though. Friday night games are great provided you have a good team building thing afterwards.

It's tough always going to the Burnaby Lake parking lot after a turf tilt with SFU. And, 9:00 a.m. Get serious.

Beside our venue, Hastings Bowl(for a number of reasons), the best venue is...West Van. The drive alone is worth it, eh Sir M??

Predictions for this weekend? Lots of ties and a Wickham win. Maybe Inter too!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
Beside our venue, Hastings Bowl(for a number of reasons), the best venue is...West Van. The drive alone is worth it, eh Sir M??

Predictions for this weekend? Lots of ties and a Wickham win. Maybe Inter too!

Yep I agree on the potential ties and the win for the ICSF boys. As far as venues go I like Hastings but especially when the horses are running :wa: . Last year our game at Hastings was pretty wet and mucky if I recall, and those over 50s took over the change room. The good news about Ambleside this year is games are at noon (not 2 anymore) on Sundays and we have a deluxe new BBQ...maybe sausages etc after our game in a few weeks?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds great. Maybe there will be a few birds to watch as well. Let's hope it is a sunny day at Ambleside. think we should bring the sausages though. No offense, but we like the Italian type only...

I do recall the game. Your right about the changerooms. Unfortunately, there is no change there either.... It's the Croats what do you expect?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get a room... :D

BRM 2
Metro-ford 0

Easily out best complete effort of the year. Marini with the winner (best player so far this year) and Muzz with the insurance. MF poured it on at the end but the team held well (thanks to a couple of missed sitters by FF :D )

Hopefully this effort tonight bodes well for the next rankings update, though me thinks next week's performance might carry more weight in teh grande scheme of things :D

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weirdest thing about Richmond is that there is nobody lining up for the field after the game... I think that they like to keep everyone on the run and stressed out... come on, why not 7:30 or 8 PM???

Two great goals by Wickham tonight, one finess header inside the 6 yard box, and one buried in the corner from the middle of the box.

Unfortunately, the finess header was directed back to the Wickham keeper, who, stunned by the call flew over from the near post and ran by the nod... see why we keep these players in the middle of the field -- last time I saw a centre midfielder try that it was Paul Scholes. Same result... down 1-0 early.

Missing our goal scorer tonight, broken nose playing keeper for the A team last Sunday. Keith apparently missed watching the Chelsea game Saturday morning and went down to challenge for a ball and took a knee in the old schnozz. Richmond must wonder about our goal scoring, I don't think Keith has ever made a Richmond game, and we seem to tie them in low scoring affairs alot.

Our tame Water Buffalo with another in a long line of concussions tonight, so right when I thought I was safe, back in goal again. Do you really have to cruise through the 18 crashing into people? But then do you have to run into the back of everyone, or kick people over and over again...

Anyway, both teams full value for the tie. Got my first one, and going all in for three. DV you calling me?

PS Toughest venue is the 7 PM game, but 9 PM at SFU is going to be no picnic over the winter -- it gets cold up there!

Ambleside at noon though, sweet. I'll be there every Sunday WVFC game. (Except this one -- horse clinic in the Pitt -- but best of luck with the tie.)

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pcov 5 SFU 1...danny V left the club without paying his gambling debt and bar tab...sir m can send you send a money order made out to fonseca since he won the pot or else i will have to send trece verde to collect...alright i had a few to many..sir m can you help me find my car????????

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 Rich Utd vs Wickam

Sir M called a tie .. Thumbs up to your wisdom
Wickam hard working team and they did score both the goals

I felt we tried the more creative route then their kick and run style .. good game ..
we got three new additions with Senior and Wil "Ginger T"
and under 35 Soups being signed
wish we could start the season over to see where we would have been at .. Now we just get the wins and start hoping for other
teams to steal points in our favour

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot said:
1-1 Rich Utd vs Wickam

Sir M called a tie .. Thumbs up to your wisdom
Wickam hard working team and they did score both the goals

I felt we tried the more creative route then their kick and run style .. good game ..
we got three new additions with Senior and Wil "Ginger T"
and under 35 Soups being signed
wish we could start the season over to see where we would have been at .. Now we just get the wins and start hoping for other
teams to steal points in our favour

You just need to win........and that will keep you up, T-Idiot. That's the main goal and I'm sure you guys will start putting a few 'W's together.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Get a room... :D

BRM 2
Metro-ford 0

Easily out best complete effort of the year. Marini with the winner (best player so far this year) and Muzz with the insurance. MF poured it on at the end but the team held well (thanks to a couple of missed sitters by FF :D )

:D

A lot of good performances from our squad...anumber of guys said kelly bey was man of the match for running miles, tackling, and running right up the gut to support the strikers and put pressure on their back line.
Marini and muzz were also excellent.
Homi was also great at seeking out stray elbows.;)

MF knocked the ball around well at times, put us on our heels and had a few chances but couldn't handle our speed and fitness on the counters...which was one of the few times this year that we showed that.

thumbs up for fri night games and pints:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pcov 5 SFU 1...danny V left the club without paying his gambling debt and bar tab...sir m can send you send a money order made out to fonseca since he won the pot or else i will have to send trece verde to collect...alright i had a few to many..sir m can you help me find my car????????

Fonseca can collect his own pot. Just tell him to go across the street from the club to Grandview Park like everybody else does...:rolleyes:

Last time I saw your car my niños were practicing their times for taking the wheels off and leaving it on concrete blocks again...de rigeur out here on the East Side.:D

You're welcome anytime,

Trece

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
not surprised that FF could not finish - missed a few sitter out in Edmonton as well. It is sad to see someone way past their years. Doesn't MF have an over 40's team ?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside A 1-2 Sapperton
Westside B 5-1 Roma Rangers

WS A game report via cel: Sapp came out on fire and got a goal via a defensive fcukup, WS eqailized, Sapp went up again and that was the game. I heard Sapp played very well, WS had a late one called back offside and had a handful of other opportunities to tie it up (that's how I remember the phone call, but I could be mixing up a few things...).

B game was interesting, Roma are a fairly young team with some skill and they go hard. We went up 2-0 they came right back on the second goal's kickoff and scored to come close and then the floodgates opened up and we bagged 3 more. They were a fiesty team and I'm sure the return leg will be a hard-fought battle.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 ties, just as I had guaranteed. Off to start work on my own Power Rankings, or maybe my own site! (or maybe just leaving early on a scouting trip to look for Cloverdale...)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 Columbus 1

A very well played game today at Riverway. It had it all. Great chances on both sides and some quality opportunities squandered... We scored at about the 15 minute mark on a beautiful free kick cross by Jules which was headed in by yours truly as their goalie couldn't out fast enough for the cross. We had a number of chances to put in a second only to be denied. We survived an enormous amount of pressure from the likes of Sal and Frank L. who played well. However, we held our ground in the last third. Until the last five minutes when our defender misplayed a ball and it somehow found its way in the net.

Sir M's rankings will have to wait another week...

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Ambleside today it was Firemen 2 and West Van 2. WVFC I thought pressured in a big way for the whole game and for some reason go figure found themselves down 2 bagle after 75 minutes on a couple of counterattacks by VFF. We managed two in the last 15, including one in injury time, thanks to excellent coaching of course. Goals by Paul Dailly and Besty (xtra time) for WV, and the elder Roselund with 2 for the Firemen, who never cease to amaze in the heart department.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM Power Ranking Jinx!

Peter said:
Westside A 1-2 Sapperton
WS A game report via cel: Sapp came out on fire and got a goal via a defensive fcukup.. (that's how I remember the phone call, but I could be mixing up a few things...)

The cel call must have been fuzzy. The field was very small which made for a sloppy but intense affair. Very evenly played game with good chances for both teams. Funny how both teams after the game thought a bigger field would have suited them but for entirely different reasons.

Sapp's first goal goal was us breaking through their back line at will in the first half. Wevers off the right side shot from 18 out off a semi break, after the save, Gord Sanders was there to clean up. Paul Favs with another breakaway off the post. WS great shot from 23 out off the post as well in the 1st half.

5 seconds into the 2nd half, Catlif scored off the inside of the post from 20 out after Sapp D was caught nappin.

Paul Favs 15 minutes later with a nice chip over Merks but it was called offside when he was on by 5 yards. Kent scored yet another great goal off a break down the right flank that beat the offside trap in the 20th min. The cross was headed home into the top corner. WS with sustained pressure for the remaining 5-10 min and were buzzing around the net the whole time. Offside goal with 1 min left came off a header from 4 yards out in the middle of the goal, back to the near post where a WS player who was all alone tapped it in from 1 yard out. Granted he was running onto the ball, but still on an angle. It's debatable if he was off or not, but only a linesman would have known.

Then the typical WS moan, well, No. 12 moan, after the game......Sapp's tactics were to foul all game, blah, blah, blah.

WV new Power Ranking leader!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey whataboutnothing now we have to read your I love SAPP. game summarys every week. How was Nationals?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose said:
Hey whataboutnothing now we have to read your I love SAPP. game summarys every week. How was Nationals?
Of course you have to read my 'I love SAPP' reports every week. Not only are they extremely bias in an objectively subjective way and entertainingly boring, but my slant is nothing more than a blind love for the Sapperton Rovers and all the glory that comes with being in the local newspaper every week. In case you miss a report, I'll email it to you in my monthly newsletter and send you the link to the Royal City Record.

Nationals were fun. Thank you for asking.

VIVA Sappertoni et grande reporto weekliono!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0