Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
peter: your up late??? is the stress of playing and missing all those chances in the 6 yard box keeping you up all night??? I hope your not taking the ibuprofen with RED BULL...it's better with vodka, just ask the West Van Boys....

see you sunday

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
peter: your up late??? is the stress of playing and missing all those chances in the 6 yard box keeping you up all night??? I hope your not taking the ibuprofen with RED BULL...it's better with vodka, just ask the West Van Boys....

see you sunday

SCP, as served in Glasgow Redbull is also good served with tequila or Jack Daniels. But by the most popular mix with redbull is, 5 shots of Jagr mixed with two cans of redbull mixed in a jug!....costing a nice 6pound 50, before heading out for a night in George Square. Hopefully the plane gets me home for the SFU game Friday night!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for this weekend's tilts:

Wickham over Sapp. The Wickham lads look to better last weekend's result.

Inter over Richmond. We should get most of our bodies out finally. Rob Z. out with a stubbed toe....

Columbus over SU. Bound to get a good result with or without "the stars".

MF over FF. But not as many as last weekend.

PCOV over WFC. Should be an entertaining battle.

West Van over SFU. As long as Sir M's side have a full eleven.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will be lucky to field 11 - suggestion for scheduler next year - if/when a VMSL team wins the BCs give them the week off after they return. As for Fids first game against us - he told us he would score an own goal - I don't know how he could as he never makes it into his own side of center ....... stir, stir

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

"appear to be ripe for a few goals against" is going up on the wall in the changeroom...:p Who else is going to be slumming in your lineup?

Leave your pullet alone, and just make sure that the Grand Exalted Leader of All Pork Chops:rolleyes: doesn't finagle all the single malt before the end of the game.

If you're due, we're overdue. We've been hit really badly by the injury bug this year (8 guys out already), and we can't get 'em signed fast enough.

At least we're still a drinking team with a soccer problem...

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, you're up late...you'd think I'd learn after all these years about throwing gass on the fire. No idea who will be suiting up. There's potentially about 45 guys.

Here's a question for you: if 2 CAT teams on the same club were playing side by side, could you play in both games? If you were playing at 10 and 12 you could play both, right?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I once switched at half time -- the ref has to have your card, so it is the only time you can get it back off of him. I guess if you convinced them both to keep it in their pocket you could grab it as you subbed in and out?

I like that -- 45 guys -- what luxury, sounds like Saturday soccer, eh Trece.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Only if Jwala was there to ref both games at the same time again.:D Yes, you could play both at 10 and 12. As a matter of fact, I recommend it.

J:

Saturday in July, with Toepuntius Maximus picking teams, and Flaimer and Auld Beow still arguing over the last shot that went in off somebody's hand. One of those rare days where BJ makes an appearance to roll around under the tap again, and Gilly gets worried about having enough beer. You know the drill....

Always up late,

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey TV. Apparently there are a few more "bums" out there. Don't waste another yellow on Sunday.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:

Whaddaya mean "another yellow?" When have you ever seen me get a first one? I'm good for maybe two a year in a bad year, and I haven't had one yet this season.

The Bum Foul was a classic. So was "big man hit little man.":D

Trece

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 5 v. SFU 0. Jinky (not Aunt Jinky) with two, Bro with two and DV with one. What a dark dark field. Why would someone spend millions on a soccer field, but have Robinson Bath and Lighting do the lights on a budget of $100.00. Difficult to get used to the lighting at the start of the game, but we picked things up 20 minutes in and it was pretty much one way traffic after that. No showers, so it was straight to the Lynwood where the ladies took a strong liking to our post game smell. Dickens did better than others, since he doesn't run when he plays. No run = no sweat. Back to Bro's for some late late night poker. DV lost his house when he went all in, and Dickens was voted back on the Island for the second time at Bro's.:D
Good win for us, since we once again had a bit of a numbers problem. Had three subs, but with injuries to myself, Spada, Haggis and Penz, I had to play the final 20 minutes on one leg. It was on the quality one leg, I will note.:p

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with JAGS its a nice enough field, but, much like Sir M's taste in women: very dark and very big. Paul Dailly was MOTM for us I thought, and we played the last 30 mins with 10 men because the referee, having forgotten to inspect player equipment before the game, noticed an hour in that a WVFC player was wearing "improper footwear" in his opinion and told him to get off the field. When the elder WVFC brother protested that the boots he was wearing were indeed within FIFA rules, he received a yellow for disagreeing with the learned official. When the player protested the yellow, he got a straight red, and the referee got himself noticed, which I guess was the whole purpose of this rather silly event, so mission accomplished I suppose. It is distressing that officials such as this are manufacturing suspensions to quality players who have never been sent off, for their own ends really . This wasn't anything violent or abusive or anything warranting a red. It was a footwear issue. The player will be gone for weeks now. With a halfway competent official this would have been a complete and utter non-event.

Off to bed now...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 Richmond 3

Started the game well with numerous chances. Halfway through the first their defender was shown the red for a hand ball in the net. Me with the spotter 1-0. Came strong again and scored two more to make it 3-0. Not to be denied, but they got one off an unmarked header leading into the break.

Second half we let them come forward with only ten men and they replied with two more. 3-3. Had a number of chances to put in our fourth but didn't finish. Well done to Richmond for playing hard and earning or should I say stealing a point.

Could do without the whining from a number of players though....Referee did a good job.

TV: I heard you had a tough one today??

SCK

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 3
Columbus 1

Weird one where they should have been up 3 or 4 in the first 30 - Sarge was having his way a bit in there.

We took the lead with 15? to go on a Kelly Bey rocket. They tied it a few minutes later and then we potted 2 in the last 10.

Fun stuff so far.

Cheers,

~Regs.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DK:

To say that we had a a tough one would be akin to saying that there are people in Asia who like rice. The only consolation that my gimpy ankle and I took from the game was that no matter how bad the score was, Peter didn't get one.

Bastard took off early with the single malt, too....

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, alas, no single malt...I had heard there was supposed to be a bbq and all the fixin's but it came apart at the seams. I had one ripper that your keeper almost did well to get out of the way of but it wasn't to be for me today.

WS A 5-1 PCOV

Didn't see it (common theme on my A team reports) but was told it we were up 2-0 early, they scored one and then we scored a bunch more.

WS B 7-0 Stew's bum ankle (and 21 others)

Well, all I'll say is: sorry about the boisterous sideline and a couple of tackles out there but the boys were kind of hungry and the fans had just come off a big win and were quaffing a few and there were a few funny things out there...tough to play in this league with no subs.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK,

Interesting remark about the whining as you were having the biggest moan of them all!! Try staying on your feet for a change:mad:

I believe that the point was well earned considering we were down to 10 men with 70mins remaining and came back from 3 - nil.

Goal of the year candidate from #10 for their second (SCK was more interested in himself putting away a PK to describe it). Ball was crossed over from the right about head high and he bicycled into the top corner from 12 yards out. That was one of the best finishes that I have seen in a while.

Lean - I slotted my PK as well;) :D

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean
Lets not forget that we scored more goals then them the entire
game
My OG made Robinson 's wiff look good

SCK
Concerning the whining comment .. alot both ways .. we did what we had to do in the situation at hand ... every team would

we took are time getting the ball on goal kicks and such
and the Ref did allow for stoppage
how couldn't he .......... the game beside us .. their 2nd half started after ours and ended way before
T

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
L and I:

You guys must be smoking some mighty weed...

Take your single POINT and run....

See you in Ditchmond

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK

Never touch the stuff ... seems you do .. thinking you guys
had some immaculate performance or something

BTW .. we will take the point and run and it sounds like
you think your too good for Your Single Point .......
if you don't want it let us know

Ditchmond it is then ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0