Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters 2006] September Banter and Results

WS A 0-0 Inter
WS B 2-1 Bombastic

I heard the Premier game result was pretty fair as neither team was building too many scoring opportunites but I wasn't there so I'll wait to see what SCK has to say about the bout.

B game was pretty good I got there at the half after walking 5 KM for the Walk for the Cure fundraiser at BC Place (not good at my age to be walking for an hour before playing...). We had no subs to start and 2 at the end of the game but held on to beat them...big welcome to new signing Bob Trigger Pearson who put in a half up front and another in the nets.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter said:
...big welcome to new signing Bob Trigger Pearson who put in a half up front and another in the nets.
....and...? ;)

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oops...

...and Keeper who put in a great second half at left mid!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wouldn't want anyone to forget my initial foray in O35's. :)

Mind you, the ref looked like he was new to the game as well. Maybe he should've taken one of those rule sheets he had onto the field with him.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SU 3
sfu 2

Hardworking Clan stayed in the match despite being down 2-0 and 3-1....they had some pressure in the end when it was 3-2 but we hung on. Despite being undefeated we're hoping to play better.
It is fun to tour through the league and play against guys you haven't seen or played against much for the last 5 -10 years
Wardo it's never too late for the grecian bottle.:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Too bad you couldn't make it out Peter for a full game report. I always look forward to that. I saw it differently though. We had most of the play in the first and as usual we didn't finish a few quality scoring opportunities. Merks didn't last long due to yours truly. No intent though. He came out a little late and collided with me. Bun came in and did a quality job in the net for WFC.

We continued in the second though WFC had the run of play for fifteen or so. Our keeper, Dennis made a good stop or two on JC that could have given them a win. We really were deserving of three points but we'll take the single.

I must say that the referee was awful for both teams. He showed a few cards that were not REAL cards. He couldn't keep up with the play and as a result missed a clear foul on meself late in the game.

It is always fun playing WFC. Honest guys who are out for a good game and that's how it was today.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pcov2 Rich utd 0

We played Uninspired soccer ....we worked hard but
everybody was on a different page
a game that we needed to win not so much for the standing's
but for our own mindset
Limping into FRiday with multiple injuries ... uphill battle to say the least
Good Game PCOV

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bulldogs 1 - PCOV/Lusis 1
The Lusis snuck in a goal, while we were still waking up to smell the coffee. 1-0 inside the 1st. minute. I think we may have touched the ball twice, b 4 they scored. A fairly even battle followed for the next 88 minutes. And just as they scored on us before we woke, we scored on them just as they fell into a deep slumber. An equalizer coming in the last minute, saw a fair result, both keepers pulling off 1-2 excellent saves, but weren't too troubled beyond that...:cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

This thread has gone to sleep a bit...so early predictions for Week 5:

Richmond at Metro-Ford: Richmond picked a bad week to get back into it, they will compete hard but...MF.

Columbus at PCOV. Normally I would say Columbus but not having Sal, or Frank Ciaccia (both sent off last week) will hurt...but I think the Italian boys will prevail in a close one, they seem to prefer speedy opponents to big opponents (as opposed to Dickens' taste in women)...Columbus.

Inter at FF: This one will be extremely close; in fact it will be postponed.

Surrey at Westside: A very interesting match, if Merkl plays, its WS in a close one. If Marcello plays, Surrey wins as Marcello ("I'm warning you, my friends say I'm a bit of a slow player") was a 4th for the Peg boys (a complete fluke by the way we didn't even realize it til about the 6th hole) last week at Nicklaus North and is probably still in detox. MOTW.

Sapperton at West Van: Another interesting one, Sapp not having been able to take points away from WV last year, but top of the table this. WV traditionally tough at Ambleside, other than the fact that they have failed to win their last two on this pitch :confused:...you know what? I'm the last one you should ask about this one...but since you did..WV normally play a lot better against teams high up in the standings than those not...WV.

Wickham up at SFU. SFU desperately need points, and Wickham on a roll after last week's big win...up at SFU on Friday eve...tie.

The Rankings will be out in two weeks, staff advise.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
richmond vs metro-ford...mf in a close one
surrey united vs westside...i will give the home team the advantage..SU
West Van vs Sapperton...sapp men's open team is participating in the nationals this weekend and that means they will not be able to pick up anyone for this game...west van
Wickham vs SFU...wickham
pcov vs cloumbus...pcov team is in training trying to put on the extra weight for this game. thank's for the tip sir m.

Scottyshell: good luck in the nationals in edmonton this weekend...keep us updated and don't forget your mittens...

scp

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond vs Metro-ford - Richmond.. very close
Surrey United vs Westside - Tie .... Regs is going out this weekend
West Van vs Sapperton - WestVan... the real Sapp. Team will show up
Wickham vs SFU - SFU... will be a tough battle
Pcov vs Coumbus - Columbus will win even through the club is going through some hard times.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose said:
Richmond vs Metro-ford - Richmond.. very close
Surrey United vs Westside - Tie .... Regs is going out this weekend
West Van vs Sapperton - WestVan... the real Sapp. Team will show up
Wickham vs SFU - SFU... will be a tough battle
Pcov vs Coumbus - Columbus will win even through the club is going through some hard times.
Nope, the new bubble was held at the border.

Metro-Ford
BRM
Trollups
Wickham
TIE

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus will win even through the club is going through some hard times.

Maybe there are "goaltending" issues on the team??

My picks:Although we don't play this weekend.

MF/Richmond - MF in a close one.
PCOV/Columbus - PCOV will win.
WFC/SU - WFC if RM is in net.
WV/Sapp -WV based on last week's result
SFU/Wickham -SFU based on last week's result

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well boys...one last post before the flight out. Limo to the airport at 2:00 pm...might as well leave in style. We could be in for a tough tourney as it seems our keeper SS (penalty shot stopper) has decided (after Fridays performance) to hang up his boots????? Now the duties fall on TH with ME backing him up. The only thing we have going is our numbers and the fact the top two goal scorers from the VMSL O35's,we've been there more than a couple times before and FF's spirit. We'll do our best to bring the trophy home but as of right now that will be an uphill battle. Will try to keep you all posted or I may not be in any shape to type. Thanks all for the good luck wishes!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0