Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters 2006] September Banter and Results

Westside A 3-0 SFU
Westside B 4-0 PCOV B

Saw the end of the A game but missed Mario Baff's 2 goals and 1 by Craig Chamberlain that might have been an OG. Heard the B game was the toughest one yet but still fairly comfortable for the boys.

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

In what is emerging as the closest, and most competitive Division in the VMSL Masters, Div 1 has a mere 5 points dividing 1st. and last place.
Bulldogs were away to 22nd. Ave Dandelions. A tough well fought battle, which ended in a 2-2 draw. Dandelions lead for most of the game. Until the Bulldogs finally woke up with 7 min to go, and realising we were 2-0 down, pulled out all the stops, to squeeze out a point from a good contest. :cool:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good view of the game Regs...except that if Mark had shown up instead of Mike our penalty shot would've been a moot point. I do agree with you as to the Ref..what is up with showing a guy a card...but not giving it??? Your man didn't deserve any card for the boot to the face of MP do to the fact he wasn't facing him and was unintentional. I'd say Balls has balls for talking to the Ref like he did...you going to give it to me? Then the ref shows him a red and tells him he's going to get one if he continues? Anyone tries that on our team ends up with next week possibly two off...very inconsistent to say the least...other than that a very hard fought game. As for no beverages allowed afterward $#*$**$$*^%#$#...

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, I forgot about the no bevies after the match - I think it had to do with the football morons being around as they have caused the soccer guys grief apparently over the years :rolleyes:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Firemen outplayed us for much of the first half and moved the ball around nicely...second half we had much more of the ball and spread the field well, but didn't generate too many chances...although enough to warrant the tie.
But, similar to last year's prov cup game, if they score (which they should have) to go up 2-0 in the second half then it could have been over. We battled to come back so it was a good result for us considering. Two late goal heroics in the last two weeks!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece:

I need your help. Our changeroom at Hastings Bowl isn't accessible with my key. We have the over forty's one. Can you help me out? Give me a call. Parks boad gave us the wrong one.

SCK

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp Rovers 2 Rich Utd 1

Can't say we were completely dominated but we were not the better team on the pitch ....
Sapp capitilized on a hesitation on the first Goal and then got a mucker second ... may have been mucker in the end but they
got the goal by keeping up the pressure and jumping on our
RU goal

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

continue :
mistakes

RUFC goal ... a goal scored on a mistake and the old adage
"put the ball on the net "
Looking for a better result on Friday

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK:

Check your PM's. Clear like mud?

How are my protégés doing this year?

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Heading up to Whistler tomorrow morning, that should produce the usual 1 or 2 posts I am sure, so this week's picks are in early..a few very interesting games this weekend, with a few powerhouses from last year thus far underachieving.

PCOV vs Richmond: Richmond have come close a few times this year, and will come close again. PCOV.

Firemen vs Wickham. Wickham are going to be tough at home this year because who wants to play at Griffin at 9 at night? Myer terrorized them in the BCs last year, but that was in Surrey. Draw.

Inter vs Westside. A classic VMSL Masters Prem matchup...Inter has been underachieving but are back at home this weekend..Inter.

Surrey United at home to SFU: Unless SFU have a drastic change of form, Surrey easily.

Sapperton against Metro Ford at Sapp...potential GOTW...tie.

Columbus at home at Riverway to West Van. Another tantalizing matchup between two sides that had some entertaining games last year with lots of goals, cards and WV winning 2 and tying 1. But this year...(and WV are 0 wins 1 loss lifetime at Riverway Sunday mornings)...

Sir M reserving judgement on the last til he gets back from Whistler and sees what kind of mischief the bear cubs get into...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WEEK 4 PREDICTIONS

Richmond United vs PCOV
Wickham FC vs Firefighters FC
ICSF Inter vs Westside FC “A”
Surrey United vs SFU Clan Alumni
Sapperton Rovers vs Metro-Ford Wolves
Columbus FC vs West Van FC - TIE

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

So sorry predictors, 3-0 Wickham win. Finally, a solid effort rewarded with some points. Two or three bounces our way in the first half set us up nicely for the second half. And closed one out for a change. Big three points.

Sandall brothers with all the damage tonight, Keith with two, Neil with the other. Those that think that we are all hard work, well the third goal was all class and came when we were playing some good soccer.

Can finally put the last debacle against A Myers to rest, as well. Mark and I definitely competed a bit better tonight. I'm sure that Roger was a bit happier about the play in front of him -- nice to see a clean sheet. (Although A M did retire me for the second half with a bell ringer right at half time; that old centre back Lindros china head thing -- nothing retirement won't clear up.)

One sided piss-take tonight, as the FF's are still in the parking lot. Probably will hear a lot of whining later on about no changing rooms, lights going off early...

Good luck to everyone on Sunday morning, get out that rain gear!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cole: Never, I say never count anyone out in our league. Yes, you guys work hard but you must have some skill otherwise you wouldn't be in premier O'35's.

BTW: Enjoy the victory. Not sure if they had all of their bodies seeing it being a late one. Or, they're getting ready for the big dance in Alberta. In any case, you may not see another one from them this year.

Scottyshell: Looks like our game has been cancelled next weekend for the Westerns. Good luck up there.

SCK

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well...you all know the score...we did juggle the lineup to get guys game time before next week...one thing that I do have to say...okay maybe two....someone needs to tell RENE we do not need to talk to him while we are playing the game AND to keep his hands off the players...CJ..you guys ask Andy M to be honest after you score on a hand ball and then a penalty hot that should've been a free kick for us as my bro was pushed down into the legs of your guy....YES...your third goal was a quality shot. Next time we play though should be interesting...maybe our goalie will take his nerve pills.

Cheers!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maybe I should have said two or three "big" bounces our way... I was half expecting AM to volley that drop into the net. Now that would have been entertaining.

I nominate you to talk to Renee, I tried 10 years ago and it cost me two penalty shots the next half. Lesson learned.

Beautiful morning today, hope visibility is good out there for the men in the middle!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Talking to him....you'd get a better response from a soccer ball...at least you could understand it then.

Cheers!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I took in a very intense Sapperton vs Metro Ford tilt today.

2-1 Sapp in what can only be described as a very spirited affair.

M F scored first and Kent (Yes that Kent) Scored a laser beam of a free kick to tie it.

Sapperton took over in the second half and were unlucky not to get a few more. The winner was scored ten minutes from time and really the better team on the day won.

Nice to see Brian Donald out there and trying to come back seven months after a broken leg.(A classy guy indeed)

Gary Donald was also playing for Sapp so i will hold back my comments. (Just kiddin Gary good game brother)

Mr Weavers was playing also today and at times looked pretty darn good(That was when he took time off from doing Newspaper interviews)

Sapperton are going to be a very tough team over the next few years with the players that are slowly coming their way.

A very physical match that had all the makings of a good old fashion Metro Ford vs Sapperton classic.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

True to form at Riverway, WVFC at Columbus produced another high scoring game with lots of cards, (8) and lots of goals (9). West Van came back from 2-0 and 3-1 deficits to win the game 6-3. Columbus are a very, very dangerous team on the attack. New Columbus goaltender Trevor Jones saw lots of work for Columbus and made some very good saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0