Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
westside buried their chances while we squander all of ours...game was 2-1 in favour of westside until 10 minutes left...a brain fart between our right back and our keeper made it 3-1 and that was the game...good game for westside...sir m sighting at hillcrest...apparently he still has not made it home from friday's game and was in the parking lot looking for his car. dicken_cider or OC wasn't your game played at SFU Friday night???

scp out

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

I'm not really worried about playing with subs; I'd just settle for being able to put 11 healthy bodies on the field at a time, myself included.

Our big guy (Puddy) who went down did more self-inflicted damage than the result of the tackle; he hit the back of his head on the ground and gave himself a concussion. That he came back for the 2nd half was maybe not as adviseable; but we were playing with 10 without him. Our starting keeper? Out with a groin pull, relegated to waving the flag.

The boisterous sideline wasn't a problem; I'm glad to see we were able to keep them entertained, especially with the own-goal off of Paul's nose. Overall, the game was a clean one - I'm not anticipating a lot of cards this year anyway because we don't play that way.

Back to working on more signings....

Trece

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 - 1 Columbus

How Columbus has only 4 points so far is a testament to how tough the league is this year. These guys can play and will certainly find the results going their way eventually. They were missing some key players but they still fielded a good team. That will be the difference in the end for the teams that will succeed. Depth.

I think it was a pretty nice game to watch. Possession as much as possible with some clever runs by both teams. However, ours were a little more clever and lethal in the end.

Columbus' Frankie Lore looked like he needed a dance partner out there. Very smooth and efficient. A stark contrast to his Friday nights out in the town.

Does anyone know where these Columbus guys disappear so quickly to after a game? :rolleyes:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depth... a foreign concept to Wickham, who like Trece like to field the bare minimum of crippled old men. Now I know why we are also stuck at four points.

What I should say about Friday night was Sapperton played hard and stole the three points... take them and run!

For those who must know more details for prognosticating purposes... Sapperton's 25 man roster showing some early possession, with Wickham countering dangerously. Went up one in the first half, followed by some close calls that would have made it 2-0: post, clean header over the bar and a point blank tip over the bar coming to mind.

Second half saw Wickham defending conservatively, with Sapperton taking over the play. Greg Thomas smoked a hard shot in about half way through that pinged off some Sapperton head in front for a deflected goal. Not too long after, a deep cross (which fair to say Roger -- ensconced on his couch with the sniffles -- would have helped out on) was knocked down into my feet and the rebound was buried by Paul Favro. After that we started to play a bit again and had a couple of half chances, but got caught out quite a few times pushed up, which made for a bit of excitement. Finally caught out playing sweeper keeper in the last minute by a nice volley by Ralphie who made himself a little space at midfield for the final 3-1 goal.

Disappointing, good efforts are not enough at this level. Can't afford not to have the whole squad out -- that's one thing we have to keep working on if we are going to hang with the pack.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus going for espresso? Yes, Peter it is before the game. Afterwards, they head home to their families and friends for their Sunday dinner.

That's the difference between us and them I guess. This coming Sunday, we'll get together and they'll head home once again.

I will be posting the power rankings at our training session for some motivation. Thanks Sir M!!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"A victory this week for ICSF will guaranteed leap your side up significantly in the Rankings SCP."

??

And, it's only Monday SM....You've had a few already?

"SCK"

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
"A victory this week for ICSF will guaranteed leap your side up significantly in the Rankings SCP."

??

And, it's only Monday SM....You've had a few already?

"SCK"

No my friend, I apologize for my typo. Off by one letter.

Its not as bad as calling Surrrey United Surrey F. C.!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, the TTP Police should enforce a policly of more distinct user ID's....

Too close together for Sir M's FFT skills:D

J - we need more crippled old men to deal with Fletch's cum stains next Sunday...I might have to sign some of the Saturday guys to make up the numbers.

Good to hear Greg's still at it. He must be almost as old as you are by now...:D

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

You seem to be taking a few on the typos...Although disappointed at our ranking (some would agree like tflakes and idiot), I agree with your stance on Cliff. Saw a game and they looked good. We have had a few of their players and they can play in our league. Joe up front and DD in the middle are a good addition for them. Maybe they'll take Richmond's spot next year??

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK

I do agree with SirM's ranking you guys at 9 th
Good team but compared to the others that we have at least played that are ahead of you .. your in the right spot

if Cliff wants 14th spot .. they can have it
anything above 10th is not worth bragging about or discussing
T

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's card:

Metro Ford at home to Surrey Utd.

Richmond Utd home to Wickham (very big game for both).

PCOV at home thank God for them vs SFU.

Columbus with a couple players back hosting Inter.

Sapperton at home against Westside.

West Van at home to Vancouver Firemen.

This could be easily 6 ties.

Thoughts anyone?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford at home to Surrey Utd.
MF will take the early lead, but SU will come back in second half with the win 2:1

Richmond Utd home to Wickham (very big game for both).
Wickham's speed will make the difference here with a couple of break aways. 2:0

PCOV at home thank God for them vs SFU.
PCOV back in shape after last weekend 3:0

Columbus with a couple players back hosting Inter.
Battle of the midfield. Inter has a lot to prove this week after bashing on rankings. Can they deal with the pressure? Tie 1:1

Sapperton at home against Westside.
Fast paced game Westside 2:1

West Van at home to Vancouver Firemen.
Firemen take another loss 4:1

This could be easily 6 ties.

Thoughts anyone?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts will be much clearer at about 1 AM tonight, but at this point it does look like a bunch of great matchups.

For now, I'm going with three ties.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
My thoughts will be much clearer at about 1 AM tonight, but at this point it does look like a bunch of great matchups.

For now, I'm going with three ties.

Good shout CJ, three games done by then will get you off to a good start in your predictions. My predictions:

SU will inch out MF at Mundy this eve.

RU will hold Wickham to a draw at Minoru at 7 because it is basically impossible for a North Shore team to get there by 7 on Friday eve.

PCOV hosting SFU on the turf tonight...PCOV.

Columbus/Inter at Riverway Sunday...(MOTW). (More dressing room fuel for you SCK)...Columbus as I believe Frank C and Sal are back.

Sapperton hosting Westside. If this was at Sapperton park, now that would be a home field advantage, but Quilchena is closer to Westside than Sapp, but I'm still picking the New West side here.

West Van hosting Firemen. Tie game probably.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

Couldn't agree more on your subtle comment on the RU Wickam start time
personally I think it rather unfair to have a start time so early
especially for a N.van team
should be at least a 830 KO

I think we can do pretty good tonight - per the Standings
but they get benched when the Whistle blows
Understand Wickam is hard working and per the Goal Scoring
standings they got a guy who can pot'em

Can anybody give me some feedback on Wickem ?

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot said:
Sir M

Couldn't agree more on your subtle comment on the RU Wickam start time
personally I think it rather unfair to have a start time so early
especially for a N.van team
should be at least a 830 KO

I think we can do pretty good tonight - per the Standings
but they get benched when the Whistle blows
Understand Wickam is hard working and per the Goal Scoring
standings they got a guy who can pot'em

Can anybody give me some feedback on Wickem ?

T.. depending who makes it there for 7:00 pm kick off, they have a couple guys that can put the ball in the net and a good keeper. Good hard working team for full 90 mins.

Terrible poker players though!! and can't hold their liquor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0