Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider said:
Besty will there be a shuttle Saturday night/Sunday morning To take us straight to the Surrey game after the halloween Dance? Might be a tough drive....

I'll probably just walk.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 3 Wickham 1

Nothing good to say about this one, too many key players down and out -- nothing in the quiver to reach for tonight. Poorest outing of the season by far, not really in the game from the get go.

Roger came off his death bed to try and help out in goal, but no point in killing him, so back in the nets for the second half.
Took an hour for the first goal, but looked to be only a matter of time and it finally was.

Can only hope to get the club together and get the numbers back out. Looks a lot more promising for next week, but time will tell.

Did I say it was disappointing?

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
Columbus 3 Wickham 1

Nothing good to say about this one, too many key players down and out -- nothing in the quiver to reach for tonight. Poorest outing of the season by far, not really in the game from the get go.

Roger came off his death bed to try and help out in goal, but no point in killing him, so back in the nets for the second half.
Took an hour for the first goal, but looked to be only a matter of time and it finally was.

Can only hope to get the club together and get the numbers back out. Looks a lot more promising for next week, but time will tell.

Did I say it was disappointing?

ColemanJ....You must HATE that result ?

There may be more than ONE drunk guy out of the starting 22 showing up to our game tomorrow... Ahhh love early away games

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens quit copying my picks exactly in Premiership Predictor.

Anyone know what happened up at SFU last night?

Staff are eagerly awaiting the result/report...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Sapp according to the excellent site (which is tres magnifique these days with the funky colors selections that seem to change week-to-week).

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton (2) at SFU (9) ...I hate Sapp. Tie

I think that movtivated the Sapp guys. At least once they found the park. I look forward to THAT game.

Sounds like Sapp could have made it real ugly from a reliable source??

The big question is: Did Columbus go for an espresso after their most excellent win? Was it decaf at eleven?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For a 9 PM start, Columbus looked pretty spry, I think that espresso might have been their secret weapon. Maybe Lino and Tony stayed open down on Lonsdale for them, because they left the parking lot pretty early.

Our post game espresso was cold and bitter... but we toughed it out.

Dig deep tomorrow and let's see some exciting ties!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in a bit of the Big Red Machine and the West Van Peg boys today.

Surrey was leading 2- 0 when the huricane hit so i decided to meet the boys at the pub for lunch.

West Van must have left their legs at the dance as Surrey was taking the play to West Van at times and really should have been up by more.

It looked as though the former Peg boys were missing quite a few lads but Surrey looked like they were in full control of this one.

Muzzer with one and Marini with other were the goals that i took in.

Sorry Sir M but that's the way i saw this one pal.

How did it finish?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It finished 3-0 Coach, we thought we would help out our hosts by slotting the third into our own net, as if they needed help. And don't apologize Coach, good read: yes a lot of the big guns were not there, but most of those that were there today, some with the opportunity perhaps to earn a spot, did not show up, SU by far outworked us. Anyway, enough about that, lets talk about...

West Van's Excellent Road Trip Sunday:

It all started on Saturday eve actually with a drunken call to warn Sir M to go wake (name witheld) Sunday morning who was well into celebrating a rare Saturday Premier side victory. And not good news on the soccer front, Stevie Mac (not there Sunday) hosting a big Halloween party at his place and Besty's Westside Shooters Halloween Howl featuring "naughty nurses" over at Dix on Beatty St. this same eve before the early morning tilt far, far away against the #1 ranked SU. Also, good news for Cap College, by the way, 3 goals in the last 2 games Cap coach Jinky calls to advise the college side have won on Sat and he wont be returning. Cap have a very good shot at winning the BC title on Sunday up in Kamloops by the way (havent looked at the result yet but if this Sunday goes the way its been going...).

Get the call advising this same little celebrator will be late because of Sat eve until he realizes coming over the Port Mann that its daylight savings and he will be on time after all:bronco: ...arrives and is sick and has to come off after 25. Last years 15 goal man Danny (our 13th player) advises before kickoff he has been bed ridden last two days with a (real ) flu.

Arrive at C.A.P....OK 4 no shows, but 13 will do maybe, but no parking. Then , no change room, (SU lads had advised earlier no pints either due to special circumstances). Anyway the SU boys (who by the way are the classiest bunch we have come up against this year) let us share their changeroom/little clubhouse to get changed. But there is a weird looking Scottish guy (reminds me a bit of an older JAGS) who sits there and watches all of the players get dressed, and then leaves.

So we head out, miss a few chances early, Spada is done after 20, give up one on a set piece, and then another on a set piece, Danny goes home sick, and:

Then theres a freezing rain hurricane.

Now things are getting really serious, Sir M's hair is not at all perfect anymore, and Peg (oops I mean WV) score on their own net and take the biggest whupping this side has ever endured. So back for a shower, no pints, no parking, and, tails betwixt legs, head back to the shore for lunch and a pint.

Then theres a 45 minute noon on a Sunday traffic jam on the Port Mann.

But, alas, endure that, back to sponsoring Seymours Pub for lunch.

Then theres the PMSing bitchy pub waitress (I mean server) .

1 P.M.: Sir M: "Hi waitress, would it be OK if we got one of those team sheets that you give to teams this establishment sponsors when we come back here after our game by any chance?"

Waitress: "SERVER!! you troglodyte! (clearly this one studied more than just women's studies up at Cap) I suppose you use the word 'STEWARDESS' too... moron."

130 P.M. Sir M: "Hi, um, Server, sorry, just wondering, I know you are busy and everything, just wondering, any news on that team sheet by any chance?"

Server (I know better shes probably on this site): "LOOK. YOU WILL GET FREE BEER, IF YOU NEED IT SO MUCH. UNDERSTAND? RELAX, YOU GUYS KEEP ORDERING DRINKS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, PART THE RED SEA?"

Which in essence, if you think of it, is exactly what we did not do today.

Compliments to SU.

PS: At Ambleside, its always sunny, lots of pints, no annoying children or midget American football players, or politicians, lots of parking. Hot showers, BBQs...and yes nubile women frequently run naked across the field and I am not making that up.

But I just bet Surrey waitresses are friendlier.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westide A 4 Richmond 2. Westside pressured pretty hard off the start and finally bagged one. Richmond responded with a two man header to the top corner. Westide made a strategic sub and Geoff scored on his first touch. Then a blunder at the back let Richmond tie it up. Westide then went up one, then another. Not an especially great game either way. #10 for Richmond had a good game up front, showed well all day long, but didn't have a lot to play off of.

Westide B 2 C-Men 0. 0-0 at the half. Westside's Peruvian import took two fast yellows (reminded me of our game against Peg last year), so they went down a man. But, it was still all Westide with a couple of nice conversions. C-men did drop a cheeky one with the keeper napping that hit the inside of the post, but didn't go in.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
It finished 3-0 Coach, we thought we would help out our hosts by slotting the third into our own net, as if they needed help. And don't apologize Coach, good read: yes a lot of the big guns were not there, but most of those that were there today, some with the opportunity perhaps to earn a spot, did not show up, SU by far outworked us. Anyway, enough about that, lets talk about...

West Van's Excellent Road Trip Sunday:

It all started on Saturday eve actually with a drunken call to warn Sir M to go wake (name witheld) Sunday morning who was well into celebrating a rare Saturday Premier side victory. And not good news on the soccer front, Stevie Mac (not there Sunday) hosting a big Halloween party at his place and Besty's Westside Shooters Halloween Howl featuring "naughty nurses" over at Dix on Beatty St. this same eve before the early morning tilt far, far away against the #1 ranked SU. Also, good news for Cap College, by the way, 3 goals in the last 2 games Cap coach Jinky calls to advise the college side have won on Sat and he wont be returning. Cap have a very good shot at winning the BC title on Sunday up in Kamloops by the way (havent looked at the result yet but if this Sunday goes the way its been going...).

Get the call advising this same little celebrator will be late because of Sat eve until he realizes coming over the Port Mann that its daylight savings and he will be on time after all:bronco: ...arrives and is sick and has to come off after 25. Last years 15 goal man Danny (our 13th player) advises before kickoff he has been bed ridden last two days with a (real ) flu.

Arrive at C.A.P....OK 4 no shows, but 13 will do maybe, but no parking. Then , no change room, (SU lads had advised earlier no pints either due to special circumstances). Anyway the SU boys (who by the way are the classiest bunch we have come up against this year) let us share their changeroom/little clubhouse to get changed. But there is a weird looking Scottish guy (reminds me a bit of an older JAGS) who sits there and watches all of the players get dressed, and then leaves.

So we head out, miss a few chances early, Spada is done after 20, give up one on a set piece, and then another on a set piece, Danny goes home sick, and:

Then theres a freezing rain hurricane.

Now things are getting really serious, Sir M's hair is not at all perfect anymore, and Peg (oops I mean WV) score on their own net and take the biggest whupping this side has ever endured. So back for a shower, no pints, no parking, and, tails betwixt legs, head back to the shore for lunch and a pint.

Then theres a 45 minute noon on a Sunday traffic jam on the Port Mann.

But, alas, endure that, back to sponsoring Seymours Pub for lunch.

Then theres the PMSing bitchy pub waitress (I mean server) .

1 P.M.: Sir M: "Hi waitress, would it be OK if we got one of those team sheets that you give to teams this establishment sponsors when we come back here after our game by any chance?"

Waitress: "SERVER!! you troglodyte! (clearly this one studied more than just women's studies up at Cap) I suppose you use the word 'STEWARDESS' too... moron."

130 P. Sir M: "Hi, um, Server, sorry, just wondering, I know you are busy and everything, just wondering, any news on that team sheet by any chance?"

Server (I know better shes probably on this site): "LOOK. YOU WILL GET FREE BEER, IF YOU NEED IT SO MUCH. UNDERSTAND? RELAX, YOU GUYS KEEP ORDERING DRINKS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, PART THE RED SEA?"

Which in essence, if you think of it, is exactly what we did not do today.

Compliments to SU.

PS: At Ambleside, its always sunny, lots of pints, no annoying children or midget American football players, or politicians, lots of parking. Hot showers, BBQs...and yes nubile women frequently run naked across the field and I am not making that up.

But I just bet Surrey waitresses are friendlier.

Sir M

If it means anything. The same MONSOON hit McCartney park this morning. There was actually snow on some off the roof tops of the houses above the park. Blue sky's when we got there, 20 minutes in, sideways rain/wet snow, with huge wind. By 10 mins into the second half blue sky's. Go figure! But Malones didn't use it as an excuse for their loss.
Your scout's that were there, should at least agree that we jump a few spots in the ranking(Malones are improving,look good actually). It ws only 2-1, but they had a cheesy peno, to get back in it!:D That goes with them sleeping on a quick free kick:eek:

Sorry to hear about your loss. But not really surprised given the kO and location, after a Sat night!

Glad to hear the first team won yesterday!

csidelookingforbrowniepointstoclimbtherankings!!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

That old Scottish guy that just sits and watches the lads change and then leaves sent this e-mail to our team after the game.

Boys,

What a day up at Cloverdale Athletic Park. Not because we won the game but because of the haul the kids got in the parking lot.

Someone should tell those West Van guys to take the “Proud Parent of a Mulgrave Honour Roll Student” bumper sticker off of their Beemers, Mercs and Hummers the next time they come to Surrey. Makes for some easy pickings.

The best thing the kids got was one of these laptop computer things. The oldest kid learned all about this new thing called the Internet the last time he was in the youth detention center, and he’s gonna teach me all about it. The only things I learned in the youth detention center was how to hot-wire a 67 Stang and write a bad cheque. How the times are a changing. Now the kids are saying with the Internet I won’t even have to leave the trailer to rip people off.

The worst part of the day though was the wind blowing the tarp off the trailer. When I got home there was six inches of water on the floor. That wouldn’t have been so bad (the carpet does need a bit of a wash) but when I passed out on the couch last night I left my Billy Ray Cyrus collection lying on the floor. Talk about an Achy Brakied Heart!

Gotta go pick the the girlfriend up now, she’s got a new job working at some fancy pub on the North Shore.

Later,

Signed Dumb-ass in Surrey

Ps – the weirdest thing the kids found was a picture that looked like the pale looking guy from the other team playing right back and that chick from American Idol, doing something I can’t mention in public. Remember my kid that made those fake twenties we passed up at that pub in Coquitlam last week, well he said with these computer things its really easy to put fake pictures together. Anyway the old lady says we could probably sell if for a fin on something called ebay, so that’s what we’ll do. Maybe we’ll make enough to buy a new tarp!

PPs – just back from the North Shore - son #8 or 9 tells me that word on the street is that a bunch of local politicians are missing stuff like laptops and weird pictures of a guy with the chick from American Idol from their cars…..what I don’t get is why the politicians don’t want to have their kids go to school with mine?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As usual, Ballbaby, priceless... now go lose a game or something.

PS I took de-encryption in school so you can't fool me.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correspond...(oops sorry almost forgot about the SMEPR "Omerta" rule for a second there...if two people know a secret then thats one too many)...I mean Cside...

Thanks for the update! Weather was the same for both sides and didn't really have anything to do with the outcome, but it if you think it wreaked havoc on Sir M's coiff you should have seen Reeder :eek: .

Any other NS results? Staff are waiting!

PS: A North Shore Coaches League thread would sure help rankings staff!

Coach what about out your way this weekend?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went to a pub after our game too. Our server, was a feisty red head who called us "love" and "boys". She was very accomodating. Sure she had a couple of extra eye teeth, but in some countries, that is considered desirable. She was PMS'ing too but in some countries that is considered desirable.

We apologize for the changerooms and clubhouse but it was picture day. Mayor Watts and entourage was also there opening our new turf field. She looks pretty good when her t-shirt gets wet. We had to be on our best behaviour and knowing Spada was going to be there, we could take no chances. We don't need another scandal in Surrey. Mayor Watts certainly would not resist the pale little Italian if she caught sight of him. She is a bit eccentric and I could see her carrying Spada around like one of those little lap dogs, stroking him as he quivered violently answering reporter's questions.

My eyeballs are bruised from all the hail pellets.:rolleyes:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 MF 1

Started off well with a number of quality chances for both sides. Then....the rains/wind kicked in. No excuses but it came in just as MF had a corner kick. It was onf of the most oddball corners I've seen in a long time. I don't think anyone touched it but it sailed into the top corner of our net past our third goalie. Down one.

We had a few "near" goals one by our newcomer PB who scooped it over the bar. They also had a few quality chances like FF's open net....Half time 1-0.

Second half was delayed by our ref who decided to extend his half-time shite....Wow, he was in there for ten minutes... We once again exchanged chances. Finally, we scored off a 25 yard blast that T-Idiot would have been proud of... I thought we had the better chances near the end but just couldn't put it in. The referee missed one late in the game calling a foul?? off their keeper who had butter fingers at the time. Ball was put into the net but didn't count.

MF are a quality bunch with some very skilled players. They were a treat to play against with or without the wind.

SCK

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with SCK on our match. Probably a fair result on the day. Inter goal was disallowed because the Inter player grabbed Sherle's arm as he went up for the ball.

We also had a legitimate goal disallowed after Sully went around the keeper and cut the ball back from the end line to a wide open Meers who slotted it.....some how the ref said Meers was offside??????

Alot of dicey calls the entire match by the ref. Never had him before, hope to never have him again......he should have continued his shite through the second half, fcuking horrible. We also got 2 yellows for yelling at our own guys. Oh well, onto our favourite team next week.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - SFU 1

For a 6-1-1 team, our +/- sure does suck. Kent Weachter with another 2 goals. I think he leads the league. Not bad for a defender.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC point of few on our 4-2 loss to Westside

Westside did come out looking for blood right off the bat
and and got one due to lack of marking by a our always hard working Defence
I have to admit the half time scoreline of 2-2 could have been
5-2 RUFC if I could finish my dinner
Yes I got one but should have three other's on top of it

One called back or Whistled down while going in on a questionable call with Mattues winning the ball over two guys
and Two absolute no excuse sitters ... the kind where you have time to actually put the ball anywhere you wish in the net ...

No I have to score the goal where I have to run half the pitch
with a guy barrelling after me and a goalie storming out
go figure

Freddy had it right about Soups .. he did a great job
at playing the a simple game .. Ginger Tours ,Lean ,Willy,Belfast Cowboy were also players
that should be noted as standouts ( they carried my sorry butt)

Man of the match : Westsides CB # 24 ... worked hard and got beaten up so much that they carried him off the pitch
No really.. he got carried off the Pitch after the game

Nutshell: we played 80 min and they played 90 min
Class act squad to boot

SCK - Great Goal ... since you said it was a cracker I'm sure it was

T-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money