Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come to think of it: who even bothers buying yellow or red paint for field lining in the first place? Why would it even be available as an option? :confused:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Result in. Inter 2 Columbus 0. Yes, they picked up some speed but we weathered the storm. They ran out of legs in the second half and we countered to put two in. It was a bit choppy in the first. Our keeper came up big.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 5-1 Cracovia

We were down 1-0 from Merkl's first shot of the year...they didn't have many subs and we were sitting 8 deep on the bench with everyone running hard and it became a matter of time.

The Catliffs with 3 of the 5 goals (John with 2).

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
W.V.F.C. (Peg) 3 v. P.C.O.V. 1. Danny V. with two and Fin with a single on a PK. 1-0 at the half for WVFC and then up 2-0 10 minutes in to the second half on the PK. PCOV got one back and then we got another. A few other quality chances missed by WVFC in the 2nd, but 3 points was well deserved today. A few lads on the PCOV squad felt the ref scored all three of our goals and they were 'ROBBED' in West Van today. Just to make things clear, this is West Van and there is no crime is Pleasantville. The ref did have a few questionable calls, but it was the same for both teams. On to Sapp next week. Peter, once again, thanks for the 'Welcome' and sorry that we ruined your predictions on the match.

JAGS

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Jags, just trying to be hospitable...didn't mean to ruin your whole weekend thinking about it. It's great to have new talent in the league. We'll see you in a couple weeks.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

No added stress to the weekend. Losing at poker and running out of beer on Friday night was stressful, especially when Sir M was not there to keep pace with me on the usual $20 donation to the poker table. Well done by you lads. Sounds like the Catliffs are scoring a few, so should be a good match in a couple weeks. BTW, took in the 2nd half of the Columbus v. Inter game and Inter was very very fortunate to get the 3 points. Field was slanted one way, but Inter fought hard and scored two. Benji and Sal still have some speed that will keep every backline on their toes.

JAGS :p :p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy Birthday Jags, all the best.

Just for you here's the Scottish Second Division Table.

Gretna 6 2 2 0 10 5 2 0 0 5 1 14 9
Morton 6 3 0 1 8 4 1 1 0 3 1 13 6
Ayr 6 1 2 0 5 3 1 2 0 7 6 10 3
Raith 6 1 1 1 9 8 2 0 1 5 4 10 2
Alloa 6 1 1 1 6 4 1 1 1 5 7 8 0
Peterhead 6 1 1 0 2 1 1 1 2 7 9 8 -1
Partick 6 1 1 1 4 5 0 3 0 5 5 7 -1
Forfar 6 2 0 1 6 4 0 1 2 2 7 7 -3
Dumbarton 6 0 2 0 2 2 0 0 4 2 8 2 -6
Stirling 6 0 0 3 2 7 0 1 2 2 6 1 -9

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Might be the first time the Scottish 2nd Division table has been posted on TTP. I'm sure others will now be glued to the table for the rest of the year and waving the fine colors of the Plastic Whistles. A good moral victory for the lads yesterday, as they were down 2-0 to the mighty Gretna and fought back for a tie. The Jags are half way to the double this year .............. a win in the league .......... and hopefully a win in the cup.

JAGS

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags. I couldn't disagree with you more. Our game was not slanted. It's called defending which we do extremely well. Oh, it doesn't hurt to have one of the best keepers either. We "weathered" the storm for sure. Columbus have some quickness but we kept them in check as well.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK what does that stand for???

SCP ( Sporting Clube De Portugal )
cheers

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK ........ I did not see the first half, but just going by what one of your players said when I asked what the score was. He said that the field was sloped and that you had no business being in the game. Yes, I agree that Rob Z. is a good keeper. He could lay off with his Peter Smeichel imitation of tearing into his defenders on every single play. There were a few scrambles in the box that could have gone against you, but I guess that is all part of good defending.

JAGS

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 fer 5 last week, the WV game I was just dead WRONG and the FF/SFU ended in a tie

Cracovia v Inter Strathcona Park West Sun/10.00am
Columbus FC v Lobbans Central Park Sun/10.00am
PCOV v Firefighters Adanac SE Sun/10.00am
SFU v Westside BLSCW # 1 Sun/9.00am
WV v Sapperton Eagle Harbour Sun/10.00am

Inter, Columbus, PCOV, Westside, WV.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Predictions for the weekend:

Sapp, Inter, Westside, SFU, Port—welcome to the league WV ;)
JAGS, (and I am actually serious about this) :eek: I thought "How nice of Peter to welcome us to week two by ending his predictions of victories by Sapp, Inter, WS, and SFU by addressing them personally to me at the end!!"

Anyway, I like your picks for week three a lot better Peter, even though JAGS and Dicken_sider will be missing training on Thurs to don some fake 'burns, chest hair and huge gold medallion sweatin' to Neil Diamond belting out "Hot August Night"...

PS What colour does Sapp wear, white?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M!

Sapperton are down on the old site as black/white. I don't know what they're wearing this year but I say step out and be bold with a fashion statement and to hell with what everyone else is wearing.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP: Stands for soccer in three different languages. No Portugese either. Our next game is against Cracovia. Sounds like they tackle a certain way. Any other comments, Peter since you guys played them? To JAGS, it must have been one of our players who wanted desperately to play. Maybe they should come out to training!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Anyway, I like your picks for week three a lot better Peter, even though JAGS and Dicken_sider will be missing training on Thurs to don some fake 'burns, chest hair and huge gold medallion sweatin' to Neil Diamond belting out "Hot August Night"...

What are JAGS and Dicken_cider paying this Diamond guy? I'll do it for half the price and I'll even throw in a wee bit Tom Jones for free.

Let me see now, Hot August Night eh?

A little Porcupine Pie to start things off?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK,

Cracovia have some skill, but they were short subs last week. They did score the first one on some over-aggressive challenging on our part: our 2 centerbacks colliding (with no talk) going for a head-ball and the ball bounced to their unmarked forward who stroked it home nicely—Merkl's first shot of the year. I chalk that up to having 2 size 4 balls to warm up with (one of our rookies took the balls Thursday night and didn't show for the game...).

I'm not sure if they were missing some key players or what but they were getting frustrated at our style of play (they mistook aggressive for malicious) and a couple of them were getting pretty pissed at our guys who were, for the most part, oblivious to their post-whistle antics. The ref handed out a few yellows...

They had a couple of big guys in their back line that don't back down but at the end of the day we were fitter, faster and, dare I say, more skillful. There were some glorious opportunities that were missed that could have boosted our +/-.

Hope this has been helpful...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Peter. It should be an entertaining game. We have some hotheads so they'll have to check their egos as the doors. We play at Strathcona which I heard is not a bad field. Not sure if you guys play at NW, but if you do watch for the potholes. Make sure you get the downwards part of the field first. The longer you keep them in the game, the better their keeper plays.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Peter. I looked at the schedule and was jumping ahead a bit. I was talking about Sapp's home field. It's like Lambeau Field. Anything can happen there. Yes, you guys are at the same place we train, Burnaby Lake. It's always entertaining playing on the turf. Watch your lower backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0