Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Division 1 Rinos and Human Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-3.gif
That feeling you get after you see all the zero's in your back account thanks to an "over sea transfer".

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of the guys on Bowen has a friend in town who is a Saudi and we signed him to play with us last season. Damn if he didn't turn out to be a sensitive, thoughtful, guy who fit right into our mixed crowd of hillbillies, Phds, engineers and carpenters.
Of course, after reading this thread, I think we'll be looking to recruit as many financially flush guys as possible for next year to offset ferry travel costs. But, we will certainly administer a test of political viewpoints to make sure the team's moral vision is clear. Wait. That would mean losing at least half of the hillbillies.

Strike that thought. We'll welcome anyone. Unless he's an asshole.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Between you and him. You are likely the one not saying the truth.
But tell us. what happened between you and GN.
I was hoping you could inform us about the upcoming Akal and GN matches. Why do they hate each other so much? Does it has do with the caste system that you still bring to Canada?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-called-a-disease-worse-than-racism-1.3090441

The only truth here is that players were being paid and you cant come to admit that.

Nothing happened between me and GN, I have young kids so I can not make it out as much I like to be a part of the team and will be playing Masters.

Akal and GN is a love-hate relationship. It went from almost merging into one to not happening, nothing there.

As far as the caste system goes, its funny how you like to generalize it to everyone. I can say quite a bit about where you are from and what you bring to this country(other than the unbelievably great knowledge of soccer and how it should be played) but id rather not get involved in an argument about races.

Back on topic though, how much were the players getting paid?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smokescreen. His game plan is to throw out either ethnically sensitive issues pertaining to certain folks here (mistreatment of women in Saudi Arabia, and somehow using 10 degrees of separation to implicate guys here playing for Westside, and now the broad paint stroke of implicating all South Asian players and the Caste system), or creating demographic issues between players at certain clubs where none exist.

It's his MO. It's what happens when you are on the outside looking in, and want to be on the inside looking out. Wants to be one of the lads, but the lads don't want him to be one of the lads. Stringer, you and I have never met, but my bet is we could sit down, have a beer, and get along famously...as has happened with pretty much every player I've met through the game locally, specifically through TTP. Not sure after some of the things this guy has implied in writing that I could honestly sit down and enjoy a pint with him / them.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smokescreen. His game plan is to throw out either ethnically sensitive issues pertaining to certain folks here (mistreatment of women in Saudi Arabia, and somehow using 10 degrees of separation to implicate guys here playing for Westside, and now the broad paint stroke of implicating all South Asian players and the Caste system), or creating demographic issues between players at certain clubs where none exist.

It's his MO. It's what happens when you are on the outside looking in, and want to be on the inside looking out. Wants to be one of the lads, but the lads don't want him to be one of the lads. Stringer, you and I have never met, but my bet is we could sit down, have a beer, and get along famously...as has happened with pretty much every player I've met through the game locally, specifically through TTP. Not sure after some of the things this guy has implied in writing that I could honestly sit down and enjoy a pint with him / them.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach seriously though, how much did Campo pay Dever Orgill who you were gloating was on the Jamaica Copa America squad?
Also, doesn't providing players with airfare to return to visit their home country count as paying them?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach seriously though, how much did Campo pay Dever Orgill who you were gloating was on the Jamaica Copa America squad?
Also, doesn't providing players with airfare to return to visit their home country count as paying them?

Stringer,
First, I really regret that you are no longer associated with GN. I wish you good luck playing masters. We will miss you.
Second, to answer your question Campo Atletico pays $0 to players. We do it for the love of the game and to try to promote the way that our ancestors envisioned the game.
I can see the confusion that some of you have. I can not comment on the dealings of Campobasso. It was a different structure, different priorities, different style of playing. I do not know if Orgil received money or not.

However, I can share with you that when Campo Atletico was re-branded there was a specific discussion of not paying players given what we saw with the Tigers. The Tigers had a really negative effect on the VMSL. Essentially, they took players from Premier or Division 1 and had them playing one or two divisions below. This does not help the competition below or above. It also does not help some players as they can be suddenly cut. From what I heard, at some moment they had a huge roster (30+).

The worst that they could do was to get to Premier paying players and once they reach Premier they stop playing the players. They beat every team in the process, but when they reach the top; they get destroyed because all the paid players leave and young inexperienced players are brought to the wrong setting for them.

I hope that Rinos Tigers go back to Premier and finally those players reach the level where they should be playing rather than sandbagging and distorting the competition of the league.

As for the topic of this thread, I can see that you do not care because you are not with GN. However, GN, Metropolitan, Akal and Norvan, Bingers and Guildford will suffer. One of those teams will lose promotion or will be relegated because of collusion. With three teams in the division, it will take only ONE game to decide the fate of those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0