Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Division 1 Rinos and Human Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps. Just do not complain when your team gets relegated or misses promotion because of the fixing of one game.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How has Tanoa avoided the paying players discussion? I guess if you are like newcastle nobody cares? Ps I am not sure what I am replying to as I have a not so smart phone. Is Tanoa going to continue to pay guys like malladin and others to gain promotion?
Stringer,
First, I really regret that you are no longer associated with GN. I wish you good luck playing masters. We will miss you.
Second, to answer your question Campo Atletico pays $0 to players. We do it for the love of the game and to try to promote the way that our ancestors envisioned the game.
I can see the confusion that some of you have. I can not comment on the dealings of Campobasso. It was a different structure, different priorities, different style of playing. I do not know if Orgil received money or not.

However, I can share with you that when Campo Atletico was re-branded there was a specific discussion of not paying players given what we saw with the Tigers. The Tigers had a really negative effect on the VMSL. Essentially, they took players from Premier or Division 1 and had them playing one or two divisions below. This does not help the competition below or above. It also does not help some players as they can be suddenly cut. From what I heard, at some moment they had a huge roster (30+).

The worst that they could do was to get to Premier paying players and once they reach Premier they stop playing the players. They beat every team in the process, but when they reach the top; they get destroyed because all the paid players leave and young inexperienced players are brought to the wrong setting for them.

I hope that Rinos Tigers go back to Premier and finally those players reach the level where they should be playing rather than sandbagging and distorting the competition of the league.

As for the topic of this thread, I can see that you do not care because you are not with GN. However, GN, Metropolitan, Akal and Norvan, Bingers and Guildford will suffer. One of those teams will lose promotion or will be relegated because of collusion. With three teams in the division, it will take only ONE game to decide the fate of those teams.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How has Tanoa avoided the paying players discussion? I guess if you are like newcastle nobody cares? Ps I am not sure what I am replying to as I have a not so smart phone. Is Tanoa going to continue to pay guys like malladin and others to gain promotion?
In addition I am for all VMSL players being paid.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am not sure if "Malladin" will play for Tanoa again. After a series of defeats, all their paid players left. No one bothered to show up for our second game, so we won the second game by default.

I think that no one is talking about them because they crumbled. However, no doubt that they skewed our division. They made this division extremely competitive and took away points from many teams.

As for the paying of players, please do not take me wrong. I am in support for compensating the effort of soccer players, but the current regulations/laws do not allow it.

I see how the soccer players in our community train hard and compete hard. It is commendable that they do it for free and the love of the game.

It is just difficult because we are an "amateur" league according to BC soccer. The best thing would be to make the VMSL semi-amateur or semi-pro, but I do not know if BC soccer would allow it or the league would be interested on it.

It is like the legalization of alcohol and cannabis. Better have it legalized because some people do it anyway and having it illegal just creates problems.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure if "Malladin" will play for Tanoa again. After a series of defeats, all their paid players left. No one bothered to show up for our second game, so we won the second game by default.

I think that no one is talking about them because they crumbled. However, no doubt that they skewed our division. They made this division extremely competitive and took away points from many teams.

As for the paying of players, please do not take me wrong. I am in support for compensating the effort of soccer players, but the current regulations/laws do not allow it.

I see how the soccer players in our community train hard and compete hard. It is commendable that they do it for free and the love of the game.

It is just difficult because we are an "amateur" league according to BC soccer. The best thing would be to make the VMSL semi-amateur or semi-pro, but I do not know if BC soccer would allow it or the league would be interested on it.

It is like the legalization of alcohol and cannabis. Better have it legalized because some people do it anyway and having it illegal just creates problems.

If we are going to have a serious conversation, I'd say I agree with this line of thinking, in general. Never mind only the VMSL, the FVSL and VISL Premier divisions should all be semi-pro to allow for some cash to flow through the squads / players. There is a larger question as to sustainability, then also the real legalities. Along with a semi-pro designation comes all sorts of potential tax implications, and administrative costs that teams currently don't have to concern themselves with. The "cash in paper bag" system, on a purely cash front, doesn't have this issue. It's all under the table.

Of course, with paper-bag money comes the question: where did it come from? And that may be the larger issue, what is truly funding the system. There is a larger ethical question there, much closer to home than the Saudi conspiracy you are trying to smokescreen us with.

I've stated before I'm not opposed to compensating players, in general. I do have questions about where the money comes from, and that leads to an ethical conundrum, but in general I'm not opposed to it.

Football around here is a passion, albeit, sometimes we feel like we are in a vacuum. We see some players and performances at the local Premier level that we can honestly ask the question, "What if?". What if those players had been born and raised in a football-first culture? Would they have made it?

Anyhow, let's not let agreeing on an issue become a habit. Please get back to your stupid posts. Thanks...

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach,

You are now saying Campobasso was a different structure, different priorities and you are not part of that yet you said Orgill was a former player now playing Copa America.

Explain how he was a former player or are you in no way affiliated with Campobasso?

You're a joke, you make up shite as it comes to you and your story constantly changes

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach,

You are now saying Campobasso was a different structure, different priorities and you are not part of that yet you said Orgill was a former player now playing Copa America.

Explain how he was a former player or are you in no way affiliated with Campobasso?

You're a joke, you make up shite as it comes to you and your story constantly changes

images.jpg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach,

We will certainly miss you, Stringer. I can see that the transformation and evolution of the club can make things confusing. It is normal and understandable. In summary, the name has been modified, the uniform has changed, the management structure has changed, the coaching philosophy has been adapted and altered. Many players have left and new ones have appeared; some have returned.

Orgill was a player of Campobasso. I really do not know if he was paid or not. I never seen evidence to this effect. The only comment that I can recall is one of the former managers/coaches expressing that he wished that he would have payed him as Orgill left to play premier because he was going to receive some compensation there.

He came for a couple of practices to the Campo Atletico camp during his recent visit. Players were happy to see him. It was a pleasure to watch him play I just can tell you that when Campo Atletico was formed, we had specific discussions that we would not pay players.

You can see that there is evidence of change. In prior seasons, GN crushed Campobasso several times (i.e. 5-0, 3-0, etc). Last season, Campo Atletico contained and outplayed GN. in three games GN could only score a lucky goal in injury time, and was quite decisively outplayed in the Cup game with a 3-0 defeat. If you notice even the socks have been modified.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we are going to have a serious conversation, I'd say I agree with this line of thinking, in general. Never mind only the VMSL, the FVSL and VISL Premier divisions should all be semi-pro to allow for some cash to flow through the squads / players. There is a larger question as to sustainability, then also the real legalities. Along with a semi-pro designation comes all sorts of potential tax implications, and administrative costs that teams currently don't have to concern themselves with. The "cash in paper bag" system, on a purely cash front, doesn't have this issue. It's all under the table.

Of course, with paper-bag money comes the question: where did it come from? And that may be the larger issue, what is truly funding the system. There is a larger ethical question there, much closer to home than the Saudi conspiracy you are trying to smokescreen us with.

I've stated before I'm not opposed to compensating players, in general. I do have questions about where the money comes from, and that leads to an ethical conundrum, but in general I'm not opposed to it.

Football around here is a passion, albeit, sometimes we feel like we are in a vacuum. We see some players and performances at the local Premier level that we can honestly ask the question, "What if?". What if those players had been born and raised in a football-first culture? Would they have made it?

Anyhow, let's not let agreeing on an issue become a habit. Please get back to your stupid posts. Thanks...

who would have thought that @Dude would show agreement with @soccercoach?
I feel very touched, @Dude, I can even feel a tear going down my cheek.

It is a tough one. It is like the paying of referees. I do not think that there are declared as income taxes. My feel is that the VMSL Premier is some sort of semi-pro league already (given the absence of one). The issue with the Rinos Tigers is that for whatever reason they are staying in the wrong place longer than needed. With this budget and caliber of players; they should be in premier. It is really not cool this thing of paying players getting promotions and then when going to Premier changing the roster to go down in purpose, and then back to paying players.

As for you comment about the players, absolutely. All the premier and division 1 players in the VMSL would have reached very high levels of play in other countries. Unfortunately, they were raised in a setting that has hampered their learning and development. If Juan Fran, Cavanni, Lugano, Lavezzi would have been born here; they would be in the VMSL and never in Europe. Did you know that Lavezzi was even fat when he was a teenager. They had to put him in a regiment before they could have him play at a higher level and eventually sent him to Europe.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every time I read the title of this thread I shake my head.
But I'm compelled to still read it.
Why Regs? Why?!? :D

It is like the paying of referees. I do not think that there are declared as income taxes.

But I love seeing shite like this delicately slipped in.
So I wanted to repeat it just so you now have the refs on your side here too now man.
You fcuking clown. :D

Cheers,
RF

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.s. I dont think BC soccer has much say in Semi Pro leagues. It would have to be sanctioned through the CSA. I may be wrong on this going off memory .

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will certainly miss you, Stringer. I can see that the transformation and evolution of the club can make things confusing. It is normal and understandable. In summary, the name has been modified, the uniform has changed, the management structure has changed, the coaching philosophy has been adapted and altered. Many players have left and new ones have appeared; some have returned.

Orgill was a player of Campobasso. I really do not know if he was paid or not. I never seen evidence to this effect. The only comment that I can recall is one of the former managers/coaches expressing that he wished that he would have payed him as Orgill left to play premier because he was going to receive some compensation there.

He came for a couple of practices to the Campo Atletico camp during his recent visit. Players were happy to see him. It was a pleasure to watch him play I just can tell you that when Campo Atletico was formed, we had specific discussions that we would not pay players.

You can see that there is evidence of change. In prior seasons, GN crushed Campobasso several times (i.e. 5-0, 3-0, etc). Last season, Campo Atletico contained and outplayed GN. in three games GN could only score a lucky goal in injury time, and was quite decisively outplayed in the Cup game with a 3-0 defeat. If you notice even the socks have been modified.

are you indirectly threatening me? are you trying to send me a message? I never said I was leaving anywhere

Should I threaten a lawsuit? LOL :wa::wa:

RF couldn't have said it better, you fcuking clown

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
are you indirectly threatening me? are you trying to send me a message? I never said I was leaving anywhere

Should I threaten a lawsuit? LOL :wa::wa:

RF couldn't have said it better, you fcuking clown
Typical response when facing discomforting reality.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In summary, the name has been modified, the uniform has changed, the management structure has changed, the coaching philosophy has been adapted and altered.

I'm curious now ... your philosophy or a group of the players ?? Who should take credit for this momumental rise from the ashes ??

Also, even more curious ...... what coaching certification do you hold ??

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
When in victory credit goes to the players... @soccercoach has no certifications... All learning comes from the game itself. This is what you guys do not get. You do not need an "authority" to tell you this is how the game should be played or coache. Soccercoach is pure arrabal/favela/slum soccer. You love game, think about it, and then plan around it.

Last edited:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free play in the bario & favela's ?? Right then .......

You're speaking like you're sitting there with your UEFA 'A' license when all you are is just someone with an opinion that's seen one too many Pep Guardiola training video's :rolleyes:

Your taxi's waiting .....

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
When in victory credit goes to the players... @soccercoach has no certifications... All learning comes from the game itself. This is what you guys do not get. You do not need an "authority" to tell you this is how the game should be played or coache. Soccercoach is pure arrabal/favela/slum soccer. You love game, think about it, and then plan around it.

Wow the nose grows even longer.

Capture.JPG

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Eduardo+Azmitia+bc+soccer

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the concept or meaning of allegory and of internet persona is difficult to understand for some.
Hint: If SoccerCoach is telling that he has no certifications, perhaps, he is highlighting the issue that the team winning two cups had little to do with the content of a two day seminar, and more with the insights and guidance from older generations, some of those very poor or with very little formal education or certifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0