Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Division 1 Rinos and Human Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free play in the bario & favela's ?? Right then .......

You're speaking like you're sitting there with your UEFA 'A' license when all you are is just someone with an opinion that's seen one too many Pep Guardiola training video's :rolleyes:

Your taxi's waiting .....
Yes, this is correct @Walks. It is an opinion, which is an idea. At the end the value of an idea or effectiveness of an idea is independent of the holder of this idea.

As much as this is difficult for many of you to accept; the best players in the world were not trained by UEFA A licensed coaches. They were guided and taught by some of the poorest and uneducated people in the world. Their "true" teacher and "coach" was the game itself.

The same when it comes to the achievement of this season or previous seasons. It is the method the ONE that has proven to give positive results. Teams which have been at the bottom OF the table or with players who nobody valued have excelled because they have discovered the tactical and strategic aspects of the bigger game through small sided games and small possession games.

I do not want to bring the names of other teams, but this season we trained beside another team whose training was completely based on conditioning, and shooting.
They are now relegated. If we would have had the same approach we would be on division 3 for sure.
Small sided games alone can teach more to players (even professionals) than the most knowledgeable coach in the world.
images-1.jpg
You should try one day. Pick one of the lowest teams in a table. Then, try to bring it to the top. This is when you learn what works and what does not work.

Ps. You should ask Bielsa, Martino, and Mourihno about their UEFA exams. I am not saying that UEFA materials are useless because you can download their materials from pirate sites and they have interesting and informative stuff; and I congratulate and encourage anyone to get as much views from the game as possible. However, it is not the only way. As they say, many roads lead to Rome.

Anyone can learn from the game as long as it is observant and thoughtful.

To put in perspective, Gates and Jobs do not have degrees. This does not mean that their opinions do not have weight.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the concept or meaning of allegory and of internet persona is difficult to understand for some.
Hint: If SoccerCoach is telling that he has no certifications, perhaps, he is highlighting the issue that the team winning two cups had little to do with the content of a two day seminar, and more with the insights and guidance from older generations, some of those very poor or with very little formal education or certifications.
I guess the concept or meaning of allegory and of internet persona is difficult to understand for some.
Hint: If SoccerCoach is telling that he has no certifications, perhaps, he is highlighting the issue that the team winning two cups had little to do with the content of a two day seminar, and more with the insights and guidance from older generations, some of those very poor or with very little formal education or certifications.

Nope. Never graduated. Never went to poat secondary. For some of is it just comes naturally i guess. I am flattered and humbled you would put under the same umbrella as people like stsve jobs, mark twain, shaksphere, hernry ford and albert einstien. All people with poor formal educations.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. Never graduated. Never went to poat secondary. For some of is it just comes naturally i guess. I am flattered and humbled you would put under the same umbrella as people like stsve jobs, mark twain, shaksphere, hernry ford and albert einstien. All people with poor formal educations.
Well...@asklop...I do not want discourage people from pursuing formal education whether in soccer or or other areas, but it is not an end in itself. I have seen people wit PhDs in finance ruining small businesses and high school drop outs become millionaires. Same as coaching, good if you get certificates, but do not think thank having those makes you to get results or understand the game. Have u seeing Good will hunting and the bar scene. Some coaches just repeat drills or activities without understanding them or how to translate into the actual game day. Other coaches might have little certification but actually are good at making teams win or improve players.

The issue is the competitiveness of next season. I still hope the parties do the right thing rather than having to pass a motion at the AGM.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We can talk about coaching philosophy all day and I guarantee you that there is some things I will agree with you on & some that I won't.

I'm 100% behind SSG's and maximising a players' touches every training session. The days of lining up on the 18, hammering it at the goalkeeper and then doing doggies for 60 minutes are over ..... or should be over.

The idea though of a player learning under some grizzled old coach who doesn't have any qualifications that was taught from 'the game itself' is nieve. The structure of youth academies around the world (Argentina, Brazil & throughout Europe) don't allow that anymore. You need an example ??

Messi - leaves Argentina at 13 & goes to La Masia in Barcelona. That's where his education happened - from a structure of qualified coaches that share the same philosophy under the same roof. I can assure you these guys have gone through the gauntlet of qualifications & have achieved extremely high levels by working their way up in the system and not just running sessions a few times a week and talking about football with their mates.

I sit in a changeroom with a bunch of 35 - 45 year old guys that have played for a long time and many think they have figured it out but just playing the game & watching it on tele doesn't make you an expert. It just gives you an opinion.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope you're not talking about me, Walks? Cause I have figured it out.

:D

No, no I haven't...

Constantly learning. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 13 w/ the knowledge of the game I have now....

But, @Soccer Coach, this is where many start to shake their heads at you, because you truly do think you are A Typical from all other coaches, where the truth is you are likely more typical of the good coaches. The difference is, all those good coaches? Humble and intelligent enough to recognize that there is always more to learn, and always new teaching tactics to employ. I always laugh inside when you implore others to "Try" SSGs and free play, as if you are the only one doing it.

RF called you a clown because he's educated in his field, and you wrote another inaccuracy...refs are obligated to declare their income. Whether they do or not is beside the point. The leagues also obligated to show their costs as a society, and how they are distributed. Guys like RF have also forgotten more about this game than you've likely ever learned, and I would implore you to perhaps shut-up and listen to folks that have been there, done that, with success, both on a playing scale and coaching scale, higher than you.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope you're not talking about me, Walks? Cause I have figured it out.

:D

No, no I haven't...

Constantly learning. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 13 w/ the knowledge of the game I have now....

100% correct mate ...... even at our age, there is soooo much to learn.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just a pitch rat Dude.

A never was player, and a coach with zero certifications.

The Scotland O-45s think I'm an excellent water boy though. :)

But always learning as you guys said.

You're too kind bud.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We can talk about coaching philosophy all day and I guarantee you that there is some things I will agree with you on & some that I won't.

I'm 100% behind SSG's and maximising a players' touches every training session. The days of lining up on the 18, hammering it at the goalkeeper and then doing doggies for 60 minutes are over ..... or should be over.

The idea though of a player learning under some grizzled old coach who doesn't have any qualifications that was taught from 'the game itself' is nieve. The structure of youth academies around the world (Argentina, Brazil & throughout Europe) don't allow that anymore. You need an example ??

Messi - leaves Argentina at 13 & goes to La Masia in Barcelona. That's where his education happened - from a structure of qualified coaches that share the same philosophy under the same roof. I can assure you these guys have gone through the gauntlet of qualifications & have achieved extremely high levels by working their way up in the system and not just running sessions a few times a week and talking about football with their mates.

I sit in a changeroom with a bunch of 35 - 45 year old guys that have played for a long time and many think they have figured it out but just playing the game & watching it on tele doesn't make you an expert. It just gives you an opinion.

@Walks,
Your post is appreciated.

1) I am glad that you support SSG's . I am simply sharing that this is the main tool that we used at Campo and that this gave us positive results. I hope other teams/coaches use them too, so our collective level play in the VMSL improves. If anyone coaches youth, we hope that they use them too.

2) I understand that the idea seems naive.
"The idea though of a player learning under some grizzled old coach who doesn't have any qualifications that was taught from 'the game itself' is nieve"

We are in societies that usually equate degrees and certifications with knowledge. It is actually a deeper question. Who has knowledge? Who can use? Who can apply it? We are trained to believe this way. However, the world of soccer is one of the realms were these assumptions are shattered or deeply questioned.

Messi, but also Alexis, Neymar, Di-Maria, Suarez, Aguero, Maradona, Zidane and many more are not the product of UEFA certified coaches. They were guided by regular people and not "experts" up to the point that they were identified. Even after they were selected, it was not necessarily the most 'certified' or 'educated' the one that guided them until they make it to the first team. In the same way, that you do not need a PhD in Mathematics to teach algebra to young people. As long as the enviroment is set correctly most humans in the planet can guide other humans in their discovery of the game. It is not rocket science.

You might not be aware, but the retiring of Messi from the national team has been brewing for some time. He is under a lot of criticism. In part it is justified, many argue that having left Argentina too early might have had curtailed and diminished his ability to develop in a more rounded footballer (including the emotional aspect). He did not go through the tough competition of the "canteras", did not play any 'super clasicos' (Boca-River /Rosario-Newells/ Boca-Santos, etc), stopped playing with other locals in Rosasio and Buenos Aires. This has made him unable to connect with the others in the National Team. He can not lead them. He lacks the grit of Tevez, Aguero, DiMaria, Maradona, Macherano, Batistuta, etc. The sheltered environment of La Masia has made him soft. He has lost three finals surrounded by super stars. I just summarizing comments and opinions from the local media.

If I could try to summarize it. People with degrees and certifications have had access to information, but it does not mean that they have knowledge or know how to apply it. this is why we like the quote of Will. You can have access to the same information by going to the library, or these days getting into the internet. At the end, it is up to the individual how to apply it. The results are the ones that show at the end the one who is successful from the one who is not successful.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand you are summarizing comments and opinions from local media but what is your opinion on this? Alot of people also believe the South American media is full of idiots. Maybe you understand what they are saying cause it makes no sense. Would the team be better off without Messi cause he has no grit and he wont be the captain? Messi had a very good tournament and was shut down in the final, should his teammates not have stepped up in his place?

diminished his ability to develop into a more rounded footballer? Messi is the one of the greatest, if not greatest, football players we have EVER seen.

Messi and Aguero are best friends. It has been mentioned numerous times. DiMaria, Higuain, Aguero and others said they would retire if Messi did. If that is not a connection with his teammates, I don't know what is.

and oh yeah, even though in recent weeks you have made a couple comments that people agreed with, you are still a complete idiot. :wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Stringer, yes, I understand that it might be difficult for you to realize the complexities and subtleties of their opinions, but there is always hope. I will try to explain to you what do they mean by the lack of connection with his teammates. At one level is purely tactical/strategical, at another level is metaphysical, at another is historical and sociological.

The tactical strategical is well explained in this video. Among other things, Messi has been placed too far from the opponent's goal in the National team, and their teammates are not used to play give and go's with him or to support him at the same speed that he receives them in Barcelona. The way Messi play is not the way most players in the Argentine Primera division are used to or the ones that have left for Europe. Macherano is usually only the one that is on the same page with him, because he has trained with him in Barcelona.

The tactical and strategic part you can see it on the videos and games. It is clear the lack of connection.

The issue of the mind and identity might be impossible for you to grasp. Buenos Aires defines and shapes the psyche of Argentineans. He has not lived nor played there. Almost all of his teammates have. He can not lead them because he does not know how. This is why Maradona tells that he is not a leader and does not have the personality to lead well Argentina.
"My soul is in the streets
of Buenos Aires.
Not the greedy streets
jostling with crowds and traffic,
but the neighborhood streets where nothing is happening,
almost invisible by force of habit,
rendered eternal in the dim light of sunset,
and the ones even farther out,
empty of comforting trees,
where austere little houses scarcely venture,
overwhelmed by deathless distances,
losing themselves in the deep expanse
of sky and plains.
For the solitary one they are a promise
because thousands of singular souls inhabit them,
unique before God and in time
and no doubt precious.
To the West, the North, and the South
unfold the streets–and they too are my country;
within these lines I trace"
Borges
images-2-jpg.15156
imgres-2-jpg.15157

I think that the closest analogy that we can give you is to imagine of a boy that moves to Canada at age 12 from the Punjab, and then he goes back to India as an adult to play with people raised in the Punjab. The connection is not going to be the same.

Messi has been harshly criticized by the public for not singing the national anthem or not celebrating the goals in the same way that he does in Barcelona. For many, they feel that the plays with more heart for Barcelona than for Argentina.
images-3-jpg.15158

Then there is the connection with the public. This one might be also difficult for you to see. Messi is not associated with any club. Almost everyone in the National team has some history with a club (Boca, River, Rosario, etc), and he can not connect with the public in any other meanigful way other than in the pitch once in a while. For example, Maradona had a very strong connection with the public because he epitomized Boca, he gave them an important defeat against England (the Malvinas war just happened before the game) and he gave them a World Cup abroad as democracy returned to the country after more than 30 years (the previous World Cup that they won was in the middle of harsh repression and there was evidence of government interfered to win the cup with the 6-0 against Peru). He was one of the symbols of hope after the end of the military dictatorship. They (the public and teammates) idealized him and felt connected with him at many levels. Messi does not have the same social or political significancy.

These are just arguments that have been articulated by people who are closer to the National team.

I hopes this help you understand a bit better the situation.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had Argentina won the World Cup or Copa America, I doubt the media and you would even say anything about Messi. You wouldn't be complaining that he has no connection to his teammates and to his country.

Just like you starting a thread to bash Rinos and "human rights", you are a complete fraud who speaks nonsense.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the topic of Rino's paying players, its up to them what they do. Shouldn't you be eager to play them and beat them? Wouldnt the satisfaction of beating a team of paid players be awesome? Knowing you, you would probably start a new thread on how great soccer should be played and how a 3rd world team beat a luxury team.

Its kind of like the satisfaction GN had when they won Div 2 knowing they had finished above Campo Athletico who was paying players.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember in school when you had to write an essay and it was to be no more than say 1500 words?
Yes, I remember. Did you ever ask the teacher why?
I actually asked her. She said: "We are understaffed and we do not have time to grade all the papers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0