Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shyte no fun, poor ref was freezing,good game by both teams NorWest got the tree points and maybe few guys with head colds. Royal United has few guys with good skill.

How many Trees were on the field
And did they blown on from the very strong wind today

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No trees on the field but it was dam cold and mega rain. Guys called the game off fifteen twenty minutes to go. Ref looked like frozen stick. He was dressed for a summer game. Guys were coming off the field saying frigen hell we can not fee our hands and our head.
Trees were moving around dam hard. I did think one or two might come down.
Good thing lats of snow on the mountains, guys will have good holiday brake. I see some of your teams are doing well. Tigers on the other side need help. You could use Johny Botica if you know him. Good midfield player. One or two guys on that team should know him. He also has a body or two that could shore your team.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boners 6, Green Devils 2. Brutally cold and windy at Empire yesterday and not much fun. At least Empire has covered seating, not that we ever have any subs. But at least the jackets stayed dry.
Green Devils have a few good players and seem like a good bunch of guys, but we had just a bit too much speed and movement up front for them. In games like this, everyone freezes their asses off, but the team that gets the points is always just a little bit warmer at the end then the team that loses. Better from the island boys today and especially because we were trying some new things to change it up a bit.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick Green Devils used to have very good team. Some guys came here on visa and stayed. Government got the guys and every since Nelson has a hard time to bring the club to same standard.He is Chilean the guys love soccer. Did you see England gets Wails in Euro. What fun will that be when Wails beat them. There will be ton of money on that game. Italy is also in over the Head.
If Spain thinks that they will have easy time they might go home early. Island will give willies to many teams.
Do you guys have turf field on the island. How the hack did you get across winds were very strong.
Beer was going down good on the way back for you guys. I see so many FFT games lately. What's that all about?

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, we only have a 30 x 40 m turf practice pitch that we get 90 minutes on once a week, and we pretty much only play small sided games on it. We've got a grass pitch too, roughly similar to Hillcrest in Van. Essentially the FIFA minimum size, so a bit narrow for the men's game. That field doesn't drain all that well either, so it is used mostly for youth soccer. VMSL asked us if we wanted to play our cup home matches on Bowen last year, and that was tempting, but we decided the field just wasn't good enough in winter to play on.

Bowen ferries are rarely shut down due to wind, although sometimes the crossing can get a bit adventurous. Surprisingly, for a community of 3.200, with a lot of retirees we are developing a pretty good little soccer club. The Bowen rec league, which is co-ed, has 100 registered players in it. We've taken some guys from the rec league, a couple of whom never even played youth soccer, and we've brought them along. But the core of our team is upper year high school kids and guys, mostly who work on Bowen in the trades, in their early 20s, with the roster filled out with a couple of 40 somethings. We also have 4 or 5 off island guys who happen to be buddies with our Bowen boys.
It is a struggle for us to play in VMSL. but the boys are having fun, the beer tastes great after games, and I think that two of our 16 year olds have the potential to become very good adult players down the line.
Come over anytime and we'll buy you a beer.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@RickG it's great the time and effort you guys put in.
It is not easy I imagine getting guys organized, across the ferry and to games on time. It takes time and commitment.
There are guys who live here who have a hard time making it to games on time.
Kudos to you for starting the team and sticking with it. The longer you stick around, the better the team and club will get.
Hopefully one day you can play all our home games on the island.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully one day you can play all our home games on the island.

Gurps, not too sure your guys want to play their home games on Bowen either.:D

Absolute shiteshow for our guys yesterday as they dropped a gong show to the Royal Dutch pylons 6-1.:mad::mad::mad: This was absolutely brutal - none of the guys who were so effective last week against Serbia were available, and only one healthy defender on the field, and it showed. Lost one guy about 20 minutes in because he was sick, another one playing injured, and a 3rd borrowed from the over 40s team meant that there was no pace on the back for us, and their single effective player was allowed to be very effective. He is a reasonably big blonde guy with decent pace, and I think he may have scored all of their goals. Some VERY dodgy non-calls didn't help either as we had both of our forwards brought down in their box with no penalties given, and a lot of awkward challenges through players' backs went unaddressed. Catorce lost the plot on the ref in the 2nd half after too many of these, so we had to pull him and put our sick guy back in. The pylons in their green Portuguese unis (WTF's up with that?) took advantage and ran things up to their advantage. We finally got one back on a chance where one of our forwards wasn't either knocked over from behind or just bundled off the ball, but too little too late. Would love to have another crack at these guys with the 8 players we were missing from the lineup available, but that will have to wait for another day. Trip to Coquitlam next Friday night instead.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lately I have watched four five games with teams coming out with 8/9 guy. It makes it a very long second half for guys with less players. Most guys could come out but some stay home if it rains or it's cold.
Good thing Rubin and Willie don't make teams pay fine if you do not have nine out to game.
I just can not understand teams that get beat 7 to 1 or 8 to 1 they would be better off to give the win to the other team and play friendly. It looks better for League and club with 1 to zero loss than 8 to1.
Chances to win with 9 guys are none to slim. Some guys are playing in two leagues and chose the game they think they will do better. You can see VMSL guys in Burnaby League and Burnaby guys in VMSL. BC soccer should put 100% stop to that, or cancel their player insurance.
Trace I am sad to see you guys lose games as you have good core of guys. Maybe flat or two of beer would get the fired up.Good luck in your next game. Win before Christmas give guys something positive to talk about.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base,
You are actually very correct. I would suggest that you write to BC soccer or give them a call. I tried to highlight the problem in another thread, but people missed the point and start to make fun of it.
The situation has become a joke. If a team is outscored consistently, then they should be expelled from the league or create a special section for them. It is ridicolous to have this goal differentials that look like American football.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some clubs try to figure out why guys don't show up. I just pointed it out. Playing for two teams adds to injuries by fifty or more percent. Some guys play two games on a same day. What ever game they go to first gets a better player.
And many young guys coming up from U18 never get a chance. This is why I was pointing out that Div four should be formed. Teams from U18 gold and high silver players could step up and have fun. The way it is now over thirty five teams have younger players playing with them to win at all cost. Refs really don't give a hoot as long as they get $70.00. Div three teams end up with 8/9 guys out. Only two three teams in top standings get 14--15 guys.
VMSL is a good soccer league but in my opinion Div three needs a guy that over looks the teams that show up with 7 or 8 guys seven or 8 times a year. In my opinion twice a year should be forgiven any more there is a problem FFT's the same two and no more. Address it in fix it.
Contact with Youth clubs should be open. As you can see Caps cut two three young Canadian kids due to the reason of development. We need to address the problem an correct it. City is building two three turf fields each year there is no reason for not having div four program.
Div four teams could add two three kids from U 18 to help when they have shortage of players. Small thing add to way better soccer program even in so called men's leagues.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fascinating and highly competitive race shaping up in Div. 3A, with the top 5 teams all just 3 points apart.

Against all odds Boners got a full team together to travel out to South Delta to play on the Holly Park billiard table in a freezing wind. The lads from the rock got the points with a 3-0 win, so we are still technically in the hunt. But, we'll have to run the remainder of the table to win the division and the road ahead looks very tough, with games against 3 of the top 5 teams and a very solid Royal City side.

After losing to Surrey and going 10-5 yesterday, I suspect that Lobbans are probably out of it now, and it will come down to PCOV Europa, West Coast Saints, or Surrey.
Flip a coin boys. Predictions?
Very good level of play in Div. 3 A this year. Better overall in our view than Div. 3 C(with the exception of Squamish and West Coast Celts) was last season.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fascinating and highly competitive race shaping up in Div. 3A, with the top 5 teams all just 3 points apart.

Against all odds Boners got a full team together to travel out to South Delta to play on the Holly Park billiard table in a freezing wind. The lads from the rock got the points with a 3-0 win, so we are still technically in the hunt. But, we'll have to run the remainder of the table to win the division and the road ahead looks very tough, with games against 3 of the top 5 teams and a very solid Royal City side.

After losing to Surrey and going 10-5 yesterday, I suspect that Lobbans are probably out of it now, and it will come down to PCOV Europa, West Coast Saints, or Surrey.
Flip a coin boys. Predictions?
Very good level of play in Div. 3 A this year. Better overall in our view than Div. 3 C(with the exception of Squamish and West Coast Celts) was last season.

This is a very competitive section. Good for you guys. It makes things interesting. It seems to close to call, but based on numbers there is a likely winner. Surrey United might have the best chances. They are short two games. They have a high ration of goals scored in favour to goal scored against. They also have the most goals scored and the least goals received. These numbers are good indicators for Surrey.

As for Div. 3 C this year, it has huge disparities. Two very good teams that are killing everyone. Burnaby is division 1 caliber and West Coast is division 2 caliber. Thus, everything is determined already in terms of key standings.
Perhaps we can arrange a friendly one of these days. We will push for promotion next year.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 2 - Arya 1
The team continues to improve its play, and without difficulty got this win. They dominated possession and capitalized the goal scoring opportunities. Last game with Arya resulted in loss even though the boys dominated the game. I am glad that this is not the case this time.
The team continues to be tied in 3rd place, and this is likely to be the final standing for the season. Next game should be against Ante Up united. We are confident to win this game given the improvements in collective play.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC I think Surrey are odds on favorites to win our group as well. But, having said that, we have two upcoming games against them and I don't think our guys have quite thrown in the towel yet. One game at a time though, and our first challenge will be to find a way past West Coast Saints, a much bigger, older, and more physical side than ours.

Teams change players from season to season and so cross season comparisons are often difficult to make. Squamish was the class Div. 3C last year, with us and West Coast Celts chasing them. I was sure Squamish would be a mid table Div. 2 side once promoted. They were certainly at that level when we played them last year. West Coast Celts knocked Boners out of second last season by a point, and we split in the two games we played against them, them beating us 3-0 on their home field, and us beating them 3-0 on our home field. They are a very good Div. 3 side, and they are big enough, skilled enough and physical enough to play in Div. 2, although I think their team last year would have struggled to stay up if they had been promoted. I'm guessing they've added a few guys this season to become stronger. There were 2 or 3 teams in the Division last year -- Arya was one of them -- that really struggled and clearly needed a substantial infusion of new and younger players to be competitive. A new Div. 4 division would be a great help for teams like this who need a season or two to reinvent themselves.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick you are spot on about div four. There is seven teams in div four that should move down. Or even ten that way Div three has two groups of ten. Young guys coming from youth soccer run around but need year or two to work on zone and man marking off off the ball. Most stand and then over run their tasks.
Teams that straggle normally have low key practices and for most only seven eight guys show up. To play in VMSL team must have one solid practice a week, all out. No show no play. Simple correction.
Some teams in Div three just show up to play and normally get spanked. I know it is lots of work for Rubin and Willy but it's possible with help of one guy.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick you are spot on about div four. There is seven teams in div four that should move down. Or even ten that way Div three has two groups of ten. Young guys coming from youth soccer run around but need year or two to work on zone and man marking off off the ball. Most stand and then over run their tasks.
Teams that straggle normally have low key practices and for most only seven eight guys show up. To play in VMSL team must have one solid practice a week, all out. No show no play. Simple correction.
Some teams in Div three just show up to play and normally get spanked. I know it is lots of work for Rubin and Willy but it's possible with help of one guy.

Ruben is not on Vmsl board
At the present time his scheduling job is being handled by Geoff Catliff
I wish you And the whole Base family a happy Xmas and happy new year

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank Smart Coach is Ruben Ok I am sad to see that? To you and yours all the best for your Holidays. Cheers better luck with Tigers in the second half of the season. Family is in Vegas for three weeks.
All the best to Willy ,Rick and rest of the directors. We all know that's not an easy job.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
N. Coquitlam 1 Celtic 0 in what was really a great demonstration of how not to play, or even more accurately "how not to sink to the level of play of your opponents and emulate their tactics."

For the most part N. Coquitlam are a decent bunch of silver level kids who graduated from youth soccer last season and whose moms still come out to watch them play (umm, soccer moms...:p). They have a couple of lippy types (one on the sideline who never saw the field, and another one who tried to stir it up but couldn't back up his mouth to save his life) who were mildly amusing but inconsequential. What they are not is a strong side and should have been beatable despite their field location at the other end of the earth on a Friday night and us having to call up reserves from the over 40s. We started well and the old legs stood up well over the first half as their guys who tried to be aggressive learned about bad physics (you can't easily knock a guy off the ball if he weighs 230 and you're at 150), but the kick and run without any team shape was frustrating to deal with, especially when our players started doing it as well after the half. Shite bred more shite and they finished a bounce off a broken play that had more bad whiffs than mi abuelita after a plate of burritos.:eek::rolleyes:

Neither team really had any finish, and our group definitely knew that they had played possibly their worst game of the season after that.

Would having a Div. 4 make a big difference? Maybe or maybe not. Since we're tied to the current pyramid structure to let the Guildfords of the league climb into contention more quickly, there would have to be about 30 more teams and the fields available to support them. Personally I don't think the league has the administrative capacity to take on that much more, and they're not going to change back to a linear structure where all divisions are the same size anytime soon.

Mr. Base, we have a team that consistently has more players at practice than at games because of the work schedules of the players. If we had the same lineup that played a nailbiter against Serbia two weeks ago available on a consistent basis, we would definitely not be where we are in the standings. And if my tia had huevos, she'd be my tio. Notwithstanding, it's been a very frustrating season for the bhoys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0