Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boners 1, West Coast Saints 1. Exciting game with the Bones dominating the first half and creating 4 clear 1 v 1 with the keeper situations and not giving up a shot on goal at our end until late in the half when Saints got some divine help on a fantastic free kick that hit the post and spun in. Second half, Saints picked up the tempo and had the Bones on the ropes for the first 25 minutes, but the island boys got one back, largely against the run of play. Final 15 minutes was end to end, wild and intense, with both teams creating chances. A draw was certainly a fair result, although our guys left the pitch thinking that their poor finishing in the first half cost them the match. This draw will mean that both Saints and Bones are out of it now, leaving it to PCOV and Surrey to fight for the title. We get two matches back to back against Surrey coming up and depending on the results we'll likely end up in the spoiler role for one or the other of those teams. It sure has been close and competitive in Div. 3A this year!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 3 - Ante-Up 0
Campo libre players dominated the match in comfortable manner with the exception of the first five minutes. Ante Up pushed hard at the beginning and had a couple of wide shots. However, as the Campo players settled down, they started to dominate possession.

Two good shots were saved by their goalie, and unfortunately our forwards missed the open nets on the rebound. However, our winger compensated with a phenomenal run. Oddly, the defensive line went to man mark the forwards, and the winger was left with open space to approach the keeper, and to easily tap the ball into the bottom left corner.

The second goal was a superb shot from the striker. A long ball to his chest; from the bounce, he put the ball directly into the top left corner from far away of the net.

The second goal deflated Ante-Up. The second half was easily dominated by the Campo players. The ball was passed around without challenge. There were many shots on goal, but only one beat the keeper.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ex-Pats 2 Celtic 1. Tough game to lose, especially after not being able to convert the ridiculous number of chances that went begging (including BT's two breakaways in the 1st half, but those are his nightmares, not mine). Ex-Pats have a couple of pacey forwards who are effective, and a bunch of potty-mouthed "fans" who would be substantially less entertaining in their righteous indignation toward other teams and officials if they had half a clue about what they were moaning at.:rolleyes: Suffice it to say that Miro had enough of them and banished a number from their sideline. Classy bunch; straight from the trailer park.:yawn:

TheCrimsonKing

Jan 15, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ex-Pats 2 Celtic 1. Tough game to lose, especially after not being able to convert the ridiculous number of chances that went begging (including BT's two breakaways in the 1st half, but those are his nightmares, not mine). Ex-Pats have a couple of pacey forwards who are effective, and a bunch of potty-mouthed "fans" who would be substantially less entertaining in their righteous indignation toward other teams and officials if they had half a clue about what they were moaning at.:rolleyes: Suffice it to say that Miro had enough of them and banished a number from their sideline. Classy bunch; straight from the trailer park.:yawn:

Ex- Patriots Football Club 2 Celtic 1

Well where to start, saying this is an unfair result is almost insulting to their goalkeeper who had yet another outstanding game. for me he is the best player on their team (other than maybe their Irish central defensive midfielder) the keeper may not look like it but he is an great talent. I am assuming the man who wrote this message is their coach as he is completely tactless and tries to cheat in order to get the right calls but I digress . I became aware of this mans true colours when he started insulting our fans and making absolute phantom calls in order to attain possession for his team. When I went on the field several of their players apologized to me for their coach's actions and I find it amusing that even the mention of class is brought up in this post as he was goading our fans and even went as far to call one of our players fat. I thought the official had a half ways decent game even though he allowed himself to be influenced by their coach (which he came and apologized to me after the game for that fact) said its football and it can happen which I totally agree with. As for the attack on our fans and players claiming we are "trailer park material" this just reeks of desperation, We would like to thank you for "allowing" us to do the double this year as those 6 points were much appreciated. That being said I truly hope we draw you in the cup.

Will be seeing you
David Raines
Coach
Ex-Patriots Football Club

Attachments

• epfccaption.jpg
    epfccaption.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 4

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ex- Patriots Football Club 2 Celtic 1

Well where to start, saying this is an unfair result is almost insulting to their goalkeeper who had yet another outstanding game. for me he is the best player on their team (other than maybe their Irish central defensive midfielder) the keeper may not look like it but he is an great talent. I am assuming the man who wrote this message is their coach as he is completely tactless and tries to cheat in order to get the right calls but I digress . I became aware of this mans true colours when he started insulting our fans and making absolute phantom calls in order to attain possession for his team. When I went on the field several of their players apologized to me for their coach's actions and I find it amusing that even the mention of class is brought up in this post as he was goading our fans and even went as far to call one of our players fat. I thought the official had a half ways decent game even though he allowed himself to be influenced by their coach (which he came and apologized to me after the game for that fact) said its football and it can happen which I totally agree with. As for the attack on our fans and players claiming we are "trailer park material" this just reeks of desperation, We would like to thank you for "allowing" us to do the double this year as those 6 points were much appreciated. That being said I truly hope we draw you in the cup.

Will be seeing you
David Raines
Coach
Ex-Patriots Football Club

Ok I'm confused. So Trece (allegedly) influenced Miro's decisions so much so that he came to you after the game and openly admitted to having his actions affected by your opoponent but that it was "football and it can happen"???? And you agree with that????

Plus after Trece (allegedly) started insulting your fans once you "became aware of [his] true colours" Miro threw YOUR fans out, not Trece???

Look I'm all for you and Trece in a fight to the death, but I'll need to clarify a few details before I decide who's side I am on lol

TheCrimsonKing

Jan 15, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not about who's side you are on but about the facts.

to clarify Miro said sorry about the fans, not the calls. His calls were not great but hes an honest man, I wasn't very clear on that. In regards to being aware of his true colours (the coach not the referee) he blatantly attempted to influence a decision which he ended up receiving but nothing came of it, than began to taunt and berate our players and fans and than even more so right after we got our second goal using the same colourful "trailer park" language that had our fans removed.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not about who's side you are on but about the facts.

to clarify Miro said sorry about the fans, not the calls. His calls were not great but hes an honest man, I wasn't very clear on that. In regards to being aware of his true colours (the coach not the referee) he blatantly attempted to influence a decision which he ended up receiving but nothing came of it, than began to taunt and berate our players and fans and than even more so right after we got our second goal using the same colourful "trailer park" language that had our fans removed.
And your players/fans got thrown out for?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, talk about delusional...

Unfair result? What I said was that there were a large number of unfinished chances. You can read, can't you? If we play you again, we'll play you again. Big deal. It doesn't keep me up at night.

Where to start... your buddy was having a moan through most of the first half about a ball that didn't cross the sideline when he thought it should have. That's when the griping about "fcukin' cheater" started. Whatever...

In the second half, a group of 4 or 5 of your sideline (fans and players) were watching the ball go into the corner and were on the field while doing so, and the ball apparently went out - I couldn't tell because your classy rotund friend was blocking the view of anything down the line whilst deciding to have another go at me, so I told him "well maybe you should get your fat fcukin' arse out of the way so I can actually see the sideline," for which I got referred to as a "fcuking twat." :rolleyes: This was followed by mass hyperbole from him and your sideline "guests" who were all righteously indignant that I had said something back to him, and was also followed by such pet names from your outraged female friends as "fcuking douchebag;" "you fcuking cheater;" and my favourite, "you cheating cnut." That's when Miro came over and said "enough" and asked them to leave. Not quite good enough for your blonde friend who had to get in another one about "paying the ref off." All I said to her was "hey, you're entitled to your delusions" - I guess that applies to you as well, as you seem to be the type of individual who never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. Here are a few good ones, straight from your posts:

completely tactless and tries to cheat in order to get the right calls
Still hung up on something you weren't anywhere near just because your nearsighted friend claimed I was wrong?

insulting our fans and making absolute phantom calls in order to attain possession for his team
Make things up often or only online?

official had a half ways decent game even though he allowed himself to be influenced by their coach
I influenced Miro. Riiiiight...

he blatantly attempted to influence a decision which he ended up receiving but nothing came of it,
...and this imaginary decision you are so adamant about was what?

Seriously man, you need to get back on your meds...

TheCrimsonKing

Jan 15, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, talk about delusional...

Unfair result? What I said was that there were a large number of unfinished chances. You can read, can't you? If we play you again, we'll play you again. Big deal. It doesn't keep me up at night.

Where to start... your buddy was having a moan through most of the first half about a ball that didn't cross the sideline when he thought it should have. That's when the griping about "fcukin' cheater" started. Whatever...

In the second half, a group of 4 or 5 of your sideline (fans and players) were watching the ball go into the corner and were on the field while doing so, and the ball apparently went out - I couldn't tell because your classy rotund friend was blocking the view of anything down the line whilst deciding to have another go at me, so I told him "well maybe you should get your fat fcukin' arse out of the way so I can actually see the sideline," for which I got referred to as a "fcuking twat." :rolleyes: This was followed by mass hyperbole from him and your sideline "guests" who were all righteously indignant that I had said something back to him, and was also followed by such pet names from your outraged female friends as "fcuking douchebag;" "you fcuking cheater;" and my favourite, "you cheating cnut." That's when Miro came over and said "enough" and asked them to leave. Not quite good enough for your blonde friend who had to get in another one about "paying the ref off." All I said to her was "hey, you're entitled to your delusions" - I guess that applies to you as well, as you seem to be the type of individual who never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. Here are a few good ones, straight from your posts:

Still hung up on something you weren't anywhere near just because your nearsighted friend claimed I was wrong?

Make things up often or only online?

I influenced Miro. Riiiiight...

...and this imaginary decision you are so adamant about was what?

Seriously man, you need to get back on your meds...

You are a completely Delusional...Like I said before cannot wait to see you again and we can hash this out in person.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 5 - Bosna 0
A sad state of affairs. We had 16 guys dressed and waiting for the game. Bosna had 5 players. We waited 25 minutes for them to manage to get extra players. We could have requested a win right away, but told the referee that we would wait until players would arrive. Finally one guy arrived and the coach went to play to make it 7 players. At some moment, they got 9 players. We tried just to have a fun game. They have a young good goalkeeper, who saved them from a 10-0 score. We told the guys to take it easy. About 10 minutes into the second half, several of the players finally could not run any more. Thus, they had to abandon the game.
I will not make description of the goals. It is simply sad that this happens in the VMSL. Bosna has nice guys and last time had good players. Too bad that this team collapsed so badly.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach Take a look at the discipline report and you will understand why Bosna couldn't get enough players to the game. They must have lost it on the ref in their last game vs PCOV because a bunch of them have 3 game suspensions.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Li
@Soccer Coach Take a look at the discipline report and you will understand why Bosna couldn't get enough players to the game. They must have lost it on the ref in their last game vs PCOV because a bunch of them have 3 game suspensions.
A bunch??? I only saw 4 players with 3 game suspensions. 5+4=9 and 7+ 4 = 11. Can these teams do not get organized? We always show up with 15 or 16 players. It is not that hard.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it is hard to get 11 guys out consistently for a lot of teams. You start the season with good intentions, then a combination of work relocations, injuries, and other conflicts periodically wipes you out. Or in our case, sometimes, guys just miss the ferry. It also often depends on where a team is in its 'life cycle.' Young teams, just starting out, with a lot of guys fresh out of youth often steam along for a few years with plenty of guys. But, work, family life and other issues intervene. All I can say is if you can get 15 guys out regularly to games you are a) really lucky; or b) doing something really right.

We started with 9 today, then got a 10th guy 5 minutes before the end of the first half. The problem is it was his birthday yesterday and he and some buddies pulled an all night kegger. He came, but pretty much all he could do is stand up the pitch in the forward spot and try to occupy a defender. Mostly he was a pylon and fighting the urge to hurl the entire second half. The rest of the guys played well though. It wasn't pretty at times, but the island boys managed to get 3 to Royal City's 1. When you can squeak out a win playing with 9 for half the game it is always cause to celebrate.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it is hard to get 11 guys out consistently for a lot of teams. You start the season with good intentions, then a combination of work relocations, injuries, and other conflicts periodically wipes you out. Or in our case, sometimes, guys just miss the ferry. It also often depends on where a team is in its 'life cycle.' Young teams, just starting out, with a lot of guys fresh out of youth often steam along for a few years with plenty of guys. But, work, family life and other issues intervene. All I can say is if you can get 15 guys out regularly to games you are a) really lucky; or b) doing something really right.

We started with 9 today, then got a 10th guy 5 minutes before the end of the first half. The problem is it was his birthday yesterday and he and some buddies pulled an all night kegger. He came, but pretty much all he could do is stand up the pitch in the forward spot and try to occupy a defender. Mostly he was a pylon and fighting the urge to hurl the entire second half. The rest of the guys played well though. It wasn't pretty at times, but the island boys managed to get 3 to Royal City's 1. When you can squeak out a win playing with 9 for half the game it is always cause to celebrate.

No Hurling on the Ref

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough loss to Unicorns yesterday. 0-0 at the half, but they put in 2 quick ones shortly after the half when our defence faltered, and a brain fart resulting in an own goal gave them the 3rd one. Impressed to see Mengo is still at it even at his age.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money

Exactly. Not to mention when teams do have higher skilled players playing down, and your team gets thumped every week it can be a little more challenging to entice them to show up every week. 15-16 guys is a prayer for most teams, but usually falls unanswered.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game report: Surrey 2, Boners 0.
Both sides were missing some of their stronger players and the game got kind of chippy at times. Bones started strong and had most of the play in the first half, holding Surrey mostly to long shots that never troubled our keeper and we generated some good chances, including one that led to a frantic and somewhat miraculous goal line Surrey clearance. A couple of minutes before the halftime whistle, with the ball out wide, a Surrey player shanked a cross, hooking it strongly toward Boners goal, where the ball kissed the crossbar and dropped in. The boys were gutted to give one up like that after carrying most of the play in the half.

Second half was a different story, with Surrey gaining strength and the island boys starting to tire. Quite a bit of ragged, end to end, stuff as Boners started to throw more guys forward, leaving a lot of space for Surrey counter attacks. Surrey also defended well and didn't give us that much for most of the half, other than one good chance that went begging. Late in the game with Boners desperate and pushing up aggressively -- that is code for midfielders who are too tired to recover defensively-- our holding mid tried to dribble out of the top of our our back third and had the ball stripped on a good Surrey challenge, leading to a screened shot on the ground that fooled the island keeper. There were only a few minutes left after that.

It was a disappointing result for us in a game both teams needed to win. Having said that, it was an exciting match, with a lot of hard challenges and some good one touch play at times, although our guys started hoofing the ball long far too much as they ran out of gas in the second half.

The ref got a little card crazy and was pulling yellows for any expressions of dissent. I think we ended up with 4 or 5 yellows and Surrey 3 or 4. Both sidelines felt probably, half of them were deserved. Surrey and PCOV will now go to the wire in the final week. Our view is that PCOV is a bit stronger overall than Surrey, but it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 1 - Campo Libre 2
PCOV fails to keep an early lead against a well organized Campo Libre team.

This was an important fixture as it would decide the 3rd place on the standings of Division 3C. The latest encounter was a scoreless draw between the two teams, so the expectation was a highly contested game, and indeed it became quite intense. Two Portuguese players were shown the red card towards the end of the game, and the referee had to deal with a possible brawl.

Campo Libre dominated the game from the start. Possession and goal scoring opportunities were on Campo's side. However, the first counter-attack from the Portuguese club was well executed. They recovered the ball near the penalty box and within two passess they sent a through ball to the running forward. The defenders stopped the run because they perceived the forward to be offside. Perhaps they were right, but there was no assistant refereees, so the well executed goal stood. This lift the spirits of the Lucitanos.

Campo continued to press and maintened possesion, but the ball was not getting into the net. Finally between the 80th and 85th minute, our winger managed two score two almost identical goals in succession. He beat the keeper after receiving a ground cross from the opposite side of the penalty box.

The two goals in a short period of time was too much to handle for the PCOV players. They were winning and were exhausted, and in blink of an eye they faced eminent defeat. Some of them just lost it. The fouls started to pour like buckets, and this left the referee no option but to start to issue cards and the marching orders to two disgruntled players. The referee managed to advert well a brawl. With name 9 players, there not much that they could do.

Campo Libre will finish in 3rd place. It has 9 wins, 4 draws, and 4 losses. The next game is against West Coast Celts which is in second place. The team has improved, so I think that they can defeat the Celts. Burnaby Athletic deserves to be in first place, and our team is way below them. I am venture to say that Burnaby Athletic is a first division calibre team.

Last edited:

Football.Goalie

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
very intense game, campo played with passion and had plan for every min of the game. little bit unlucky at the end, i got my finger dislocated but could finish the game with a victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0