Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds like another tough one Trece and I feel your pain about guys and their work schedules. We deal with it constantly too.

I doubt that a 4th division is in the cards administratively and take your point on this. Maybe those 9-0 games early in the season for new teams are just the price of admission?

Best to all for the holidays and good luck in your games (unless they are against Bowen!) in the new year!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Trace. In my opinion 10 teams from div three should drop to div four. That would give div three A group of ten teams and B group of ten teams.
In div four there would be ten spots open for B group, future clubs. It would make it much more easy to go up and down. Top two move up bottom two drop.
No play-off's of any kind needed. Mid week most guys can come out that's why you get more guys out to practice than in the game. Saturday game always drive coaches nuts. I can not understand that you guys drop that many game. I was looking at your goals for vs goals against. It tells me that last five in your back line need to work bit harder for each other. Flat D kills many teams. Something to think about. Better luck after Christmas.
Turf fields are not a problem.There should be few more games on Wednesday knight. Youth is done 8:35PM
Most guys have kids on Saturday they take kids to soccer or hockey. One or two guys can not come out if they have two kids playing sports.
That Fifa is a joke. Seth is still the president yet he can not have nothing to do with soccer for eight years. Yanks are hoping for total control. The World has not been kind to them. Putin wants Seth to get Nobel prize. Go figure it out cold war all over again.
What fance do we sit on now. Local soccer is a total fun. There is no reason for scores of nine or ten zip.
Smart Coach would do better job as a president than Seth or Platini. Get the guys to start sending Emails. Both us Brits and Latinos would have a chance even Putin.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Fifa is a joke. Seth is still the president yet he can not have nothing to do with soccer for eight years. Yanks are hoping for total control. The World has not been kind to them. Putin wants Seth to get Nobel prize. Go figure it out cold war all over again.
What fance do we sit on now. Local soccer is a total fun. There is no reason for scores of nine or ten zip.
Smart Coach would do better job as a president than Seth or Platini. Get the guys to start sending Emails. Both us Brits and Latinos would have a chance even Putin.

That feeling you have when you get what you really want for Xmas...

Mr. Base explaining the world...:cigar:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks are shyty my lad very shyty my X-mas wish is, one new D like Hamonick. Caps one striker like the guy we used to have. And pure old Sepp to go away and let Yanks win one war. I just don't think that will happen. Even Backs is trying to throw his few words in.
If Trump gets in he will build grate wall between Acedia and Us and one grate big wall between Mexico and US. Tons of work for guys that came in with out papers.
We will have less worm air blow our way. Could be better they are full of over due discharge. China is building floating islands thinking that world is going nuts.
So local div three soccer is the best we have. Every one can play and no one asks what religion or colour you are. Beer is cheep.Cheers to Canada and our new Hancho and all of you soccer guys.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You need to speak bit of French. All of you guys in high school must have skipped the French. Land of Acedia is next to mighty lakes. BC sits in Cascadia.
That was native way of saying BC due to Cascadian mountains.
Better yet known where our founder David Thompson broke his leg and almost went to visit the lords garden.
Only lovely native girl saved his ars he was sleeping under the bison cover for three months till his leg got better. Old native dock set his leg back in place. The word was he was yalping so laud that natives in Alberta heard him.
If Trump wins you will see big changes. Borders to outsiders will be shot. That guy is alert no BS.
Canada has to make more friends he surly will not be one for us. There is four five million Syrian folks out -ruted from their land ,lots have tons of money.
Hope they bring the coin here and hold us working and moving forward. Bigo bango boom was in our hood. Photo was clear. Acadia here he comes.
All the best for Christmas to you your wife and your boys.
Call all your boys and go for a swim in the cold ocean for New year. I am sure Willy would post that photo. What better way to promote Div three VMSL.
Crow Royal would taste good after that swim.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am NOT drinking any Crow, Royal or Cuervo, calise tabernac!!! Oui bien sur je parle francais, mais on n'a dit pas de un region de notre pays quien s'apelle "Acedia" parce-ce que il n'a existe pas. Si on veut dire "Acadie" ou "Acadia" c'est un chose diferente!

Bigo, bango boom, SmartCoach.

Thank you. Mr. Base. Sretan Božić to you too.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank Trace for you Croatian words. Cheers that's is the reason Canada is the best. One can only be proud to live here.
As my grand son said,I am born here you guys can go back if you wish.
Now if we could get Canucks twins to stay here we could have few more good players. Last I heard Camilo might be back here Caps could win MLS CUP in a year or two.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dezza. All the best for Hannukah "Cheers". I am really hopping team get a forward like him. The guys we have do not do enough to get pay as strikers.
That is one area Caps need to address big times.
There is two local guys that would score more goals that the three Caps have now.
Coach chops all the local kids thinking that he will find diamond in the South America, I wish him luck.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
49 DIV 3C 1455 Bby Metro Athletic
50 DIV 3B 1426 FC Serbia
51 DIV 3C 1355 West Coast Celts
52 DIV 3B 1350 Unicorns FC
53 DIV 3A 1326 SU Extreme A
54 DIV 3A 1320 PCOV Europa
55 DIV 3A 1300 West Coast Saints
56 DIV 3B 1275 Cliff Sr Cobras
57 DIV 3B 1260 Strathcona United
58 DIV 3A 1250 Bowen Island FC
59 DIV 3A 1225 Lobbans
60 DIV 3C 1150 Campo Libre
61 DIV 3B 1125 Burnaby Selects Utd
62 DIV 3C 1100 West Van Royals
63 DIV 3C 1095 PCOV Benfica
64 DIV 3C 1075 Ante Up United
65 DIV 3B 1060 Ex Patriots
66 DIV 3A 1050 Royal City YSC A
67 DIV 3C 1025 NorWest United
68 DIV 3C 1010 Arya FC A
69 DIV 3A 1000 Green Devils A
70 DIV 3B 950 Royal Dutch Cousins
71 DIV 3B 925 N Coq Utd. FC Outsiders
72 DIV 3C 910 Bosna SC
73 DIV 3A 900 South Delta Rangers
74 DIV 3A 860 Siaron
75 DIV 3B 850 VAFC Celtic
76 DIV 3C 840 Royal United FC
77 DIV 3B 825 B United
78 DIV 3A 800 Pacific FC

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking about the comments of Mr. Base when I was computing the rankings for this division. For example, 6 teams are having very good performances, and could easily do fine in the next division (3 to 2B and 3 to 2A):
49 DIV 3C 1455 Bby Metro Athletic
50 DIV 3B 1426 FC Serbia
51 DIV 3C 1355 West Coast Celts
52 DIV 3B 1350 Unicorns FC
53 DIV 3A 1326 SU Extreme A
54 DIV 3A 1320 PCOV Europa

The last 10 teams could be separated and form a new division (i.e. division 4). Given the difference in performance (for example) it is almost sure that Metro Atletic or Serbia will beat all the teams below. In other words, both groups should not belong to the same division (statistically speaking).

69 DIV 3A 1000 Green Devils A
70 DIV 3B 950 Royal Dutch Cousins
71 DIV 3B 925 N Coq Utd. FC Outsiders
72 DIV 3C 910 Bosna SC
73 DIV 3A 900 South Delta Rangers
74 DIV 3A 860 Siaron
75 DIV 3B 850 VAFC Celtic
76 DIV 3C 840 Royal United FC
77 DIV 3B 825 B United
78 DIV 3A 800 Pacific FC

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite often in Div 3 you will get inconsistent results just due to who is (or more likely isn't) available to play for any given game. This is how you get widely disparate results like our losing a squeaker to Serbia and then shitting the bed (and mattresses and pillowcases) against Royal Dutch.

Kind of difficult to take the random factor of attendance into account in rankings like this...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite often in Div 3 you will get inconsistent results just due to who is (or more likely isn't) available to play for any given game. This is how you get widely disparate results like our losing a squeaker to Serbia and then shitting the bed (and mattresses and pillowcases) against Royal Dutch.

Kind of difficult to take the random factor of attendance into account in rankings like this...

The rankings actually take the random factor of attedance for some teams into consideration. The team is not only 11 players, but it includes substitutes, coaches, management, and supporters.

I think that the challenge that you are having is that you are allowing players to skip games and practices. Not bad in itself as you provide playing time for busy people. Hence, VAFC has a relatively poor performance even though has relative decent players.

However, having said this Burnaby Metro Athletic is in a league of its own. A 79-3 record is not matter of erratic attendance. Those guys have university team players, division 1 players, and are well coached.

I agree with Mr. Base that at least 10 teams should be playing in Division 4.

By the way, would you be interested in a friendly? Bring your top guns and we will give you a good fight.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that the challenge that you are having is that you are allowing players to skip games and practices. Not bad in itself as you provide playing time for busy people. Hence, VAFC has a relatively poor performance even though has relative decent players.

Actually, we have consistently had more players out for training than for games this season. Game attendance problems for us are primarily because of work-related issues, as stated previously in the thread.:grumpy:

Would love to set up a friendly. PM me and let's talk about when and where.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, we have consistently had more players out for training than for games this season. Game attendance problems for us are primarily because of work-related issues, as stated previously in the thread.:grumpy:

Would love to set up a friendly. PM me and let's talk about when and where.
That generally happens the further into the season you go. I should mention that attendance later in the season does get hit hard by something previously mentioned in this thread; higher players playing down. Those 8-0 scoreline are the result of many reasons and if a team gets a bunch of them they start to fall apart attendance-wise. Now all that is somewhat pointing out the obvious, but it does suck for teams who might be made of older players and youth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0