Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace did Van city close the gross fields for next weekend games? It's not even safe for kids, tons of guys get foot trouble playing on bit frozen fields.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have Mr Base on ignore so I don't see his posts but reading between the lines, or not, it seems he has been saying things that turn out not to be true?

How can this be?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that's a question you'd have to ask him.o_O

...although it would be a bit difficult to get an answer if you've got him on "ignore"...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp What is not true my friend say it lad. Trace knows me for years. If I coach I win if I train it's all about improving. I am not in BC Soccer politics. Good beer roch or two and it's all good. Heck I even have the rule book. Keep me on your ignore program it is let negative posts.
Regs likes more positive input. Trace the same.
Camp move to east side of the city even girls love to drink and roch and have fun. What more do you need.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick you are hundred percent when you say that I love the game. Yes I do and I think game in Canada could go long ways up. Most youth get turned off by the age of fourteen, it's all to do with coaches ego's and some parents going nuts on the side lines.
Div three or Div one really means nothing unless we make it fun. League needs winter jackets that give us a ID look. Small winter tournament just before Christmas would lift the fun of this league. Top five teams in each div three play against each other bottom five the same. Wining a small cup for Christmas would bring better brake for all. All the kids soccer stops at 17 of December. It would be easy to get a field.
What bothers me the most is ref's, most do not dress like ref's should. And even more the reason of not having assistant ref's.
In my opinion it's long over due for three refs in all the VMSL games.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report just texted from BT because I wasn't at the game...

"Unfortunately lost 4-3 but was not deserved at all. Their tying goal was out on the end by like a metre so we stopped playing but the ref didn't call it. Our striker got his brow cut open and had to go to hospital. Unknown if he has a concussion or not.

Our new signing scored 2 of the 3 for us on his debut."

Much better than the previous result vs. Strathcona; this team will definitely get better results. Still waiting for word about the condition of our striker.

FC Serbia next.

Mr. Base, there won't be any time for a tournament before Christmas with league games scheduled for the weekend of the 19-20th.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was wrong with Bosnia? I see they FRT the game against Celts. I am not sure if grass field was open.
Paying fines for FRT is not a good thing at the same time to me FRT is the worse thing side can do.
Grass field is way softer than the turf field under these conditions if it's open.
In the old days FRT twice and see you next year if the clubs let you in. In my opinion you show up with seven guys give the team win and play friendly with adding players from the home team. Pay the ref, all the guys have run go and have a beer.
Way easy in this league now. Willy and Rubin are getting soft in the old age. Thanks Trace. The tournament would be for next year with time to make the proper fit for it.
Serbia has a team that should play in Div one not in div three. White eagles and these guys made two clubs. Normally that destroys one club and adds to second club.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr.Base . . . .

White Eagles......alot of the guys on serbia fc have had enough of the games,politics and gossip...... that were played with players on the white eagles . the new club was formed .end of story.....white eagles appear to be not doing so good .

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 0 - Burnaby Athletic 4

Campo Libre was aware that was facing a formidable team. Burnaby Athletic showed up with very high quality players. My understanding is that several of them played Division 1 or some even played for University teams such as UBC.

The Campo players were able to hold them from scoring for about 30 minutes, but the other team did not hesitate to show their quality. In the only two goal scoring opportunities that they generated, they put the ball on the net on a clinical manner.

On the first goal, they switched the attack with a long ball. The winger controlled on the air with a very good first touch. Put the ball over the defender who naively launched at him. He proceeded to dribble past the second defender. Then made a well placed cross to the head of the forward, who just placed it on the top right corner. A very good goal that is rarely seen even in Division 2.

The second goal was a combination of a defender error with a goalie error. In any case, the forward read the situation well and anticipated both to easily score.

The game was practically lost. We had a couple of good counterattacks, but the keeper saved them very well.

During the second half we changed to our regular formation. The boys were able to keep possession for some time and played an even game. However, it is hard to play at this tempo with such good players, so they capitalized quite well with more open space and room to quick transitions.

We got a legitimate goal disallowed. This would have made things more exciting, at 2-1. They scored quite easily to make the game a 4-0.

Overall, a good experience for our players. The VMSL is becoming better at the lower divisions. This team can easily be a contender for the B-Cup. Perhaps the trickle down effect of BCPL (HPL) / more youth academies / and more foreign students/visitors.

Yes, I agree that this team seems out of place with only one goal conceded and 60+ scored, but they have to start somewhere. Perhaps it is better to have more spots for relegation and promotion, but at the same time look at the Twin Arrows and America. They have struggled. Astro and Squamish seemed to have done well (are these the four teams promoted from last year?)

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre Cat 1 - Surrey United 6.
The game was a bit inconvenient because we had both games in the same afternoon. One on south Surrey and the other on Burnaby. Thus, we could not do double duty We wished our stronger players had the chance to play with Surrey.

The first half saw 6 goals for them and complete domination. A motivation talk was needed for the players during the second half, and fortuntely it worked for the guys. They came on the second half with determination. Our boys managed to score a goal and had a more decent game.

These CAT games work well for our players because it shows them what we are aiming for, and each game we see them improving and more motivated. At the end most players want challenges.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crnogoro it's all fine. It all comes to having fun. Any time club goes up to far in levels and does not do so well. guys start infighting and splitting. At the end of it all make it sad for many parents in this country. You end up with teams with three Serbs and rest imports. Ctoats are the same Italians and Porto. See in my opinion if team has less then 60% of its on kids really there is no need for it. I see Serbia is doing well in div three. Div two will be more fun for the guys. Soccer is much faster and better. There are some very good teams. They just stay in div two and have fun. Guys love going to B cup in the Province.
Cheers good luck rest of the year.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 3 - Northwest United 0
By the default. Our players were not happy with this. We had players training hard for the game and then these guys cancel the game with a few hours to kick off.

Campo Libre 3 - Mundiavocat 1 (BMSL).
We agreed to a friendly game with this team. Very nice players with good team chemistry. It was very windy and we scored a couple of goals from the high winds. Nice game for the lads.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hockey score: VAFC Celtic 4 FC Serbia 5. More goals than anyone else has been able to score against them this season, but still not quite enough. BT with 2, Paddy & Dave with one each. Our missing striker ended up getting the week off on doctor's orders after 5 stitches in his head, but is hopeful for next week. A couple of other bodies would have been helpful, but just not available due to work commitments. Scoreline was back and forth all game; definite entertainment value if you like offense, but a defensive nightmare for both teams.

Without Jesus of Dartmouth in the middle of our back line, this season has been a bit of a yoyo one for the bhoys, especially on defence, where we still have some improving to do. That said, these guys have a great work rate, and are ready to take on anyone. Royal Dutch next...

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job on those 4 goals Trece and too bad you couldn't pull out the draw.

I've been away so only getting texts from the lads. We are struggling with numbers due to injuries and a couple of key guys leaving for construction jobs up north. Put a just so-so team on the pitch a week ago against PCOV Europa and I gather it was a pretty wild game, with them having the better of the play and scoring to win 2-1 off a header in the final minute. Frankly, given the squad we had on the pitch that day, PCOV should have done better.

Last Saturday we were only able to field a team of 10 and in the driving rain it was all the boys could do to beat an inexperienced Pacific FC team, 3-1. Any one of 4 teams could still win our division, although I'm sure we won't be one of them. It is gonna be a game by game struggle for us from here on. The good news is that the level of competition in the division has been pretty good overall this season, and pretty even among the top 6 or 7 teams, and that has made things both fun and sometimes unpredictable.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shyte no fun, poor ref was freezing,good game by both teams NorWest got the tree points and maybe few guys with head colds. Royal United has few guys with good skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0