Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza does not hurt to check,I read it years back,I do not think they threw it out.That is why I said check it out. It stands with U 18 and under. They might have changed it but it takes no time to email BC Soccer,they will send you rule number.
This idea of guys from Div one going down to prove the can play soccer it makes it unfair to teams in div three. Rubin and Willy normally think of all the rules. Phone call to one of them might set it straight. Willy does know all the rules.
It should be a point at next years year end meeting. Guys are going from team to team like good roch during the party. Dezza you know Mis Larson she does have the BC rule book.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, that is not a rule. The only rules like this are to do with players of certain ages:

Masters: Each team in the Over 35 Divisions will be allowed to register 3 underage players. These players must be born in 1981, 1982 or 1983.
U-21: Each team will be allowed to use a maximum of 2 overage players, belonging to the club’s CAT system, in every league game.
Mr. Base,
Dezza is right. I checked the rules from BC Soccer website. There are not such rules anymore. Perhaps they changed as some people might argue that they could not find a team. In any case, I do not see the VMSL making an issue during midseason. It is almost a waste of everyones time, having to compete when you know that a team with players of two divisions up are bulldozing everyone. By the way, I was wrong. They scored 57 goals and conceded one. It is really a bizarre situation.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach I am 100 percent sure if the team sends an email to BC soccer people regarding that team. They would step forward and do something about it. Rules and regulation of BC Soccer is very clear. I will try to get the pages and see what or where it stands.
In my opinion it is waste of time for guys going to get slotted ten zipp knowing what the other team does. That could be easy changed at the year end meeting to no more than three players dropping two levels to prove the point. You guys play nice soccer, I did see a young man with higher ability. Midfield player with ability to play nice ball..

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps what is your opinion on players dropping two levels to win at all cost? To me that is not a good thing for VMSL. VMSL is a fair league some teams forget to think before they do dumb things.
I think div three should be for older players to stay in the game and youth to develop. With six seven guys dropping from div one to play in div three all it does is destruction to youth development and to teams trying to winn few games a year.Players walk away if the team gets slashed ten zipp.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if you should play at the highest level possible. What fun is it to beat on teams that are way down in Div 3. Div one down to Div 2 I can see, but not down two divisions.

Having said that, sometimes guys just want to play with their buddies, not much you can do about that. They start a new team and they have to start in Div 3.

Don't hate the player Mr Base, hate the game.:gurps:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can't force a player to play at a certain level except in cases based on age or gender.

A decade or so ago, wasn't there a team called Rainforest in Div 2 where Xausa, Franks and a couple of others played? Pretty sure there has never been a rule as @Mr Base implies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Rainforest was even that long ago... and they were in Masters!! 3 years ago Croatia started the Masters Div 2 season with Didar, Craviero, Sulentic, etc. It was a gong show until 22nd Ave Lions made a deal to give them their O-35 Prem spot, and move themselves to the O-40s.

It's obviously an unfortunate situation for Shaheen, with a falling out between players & management leading to the likely relegation of their Div1 team, while a group of obviously still very good players have to waste a year playing Div 3.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, just searched here on TTP and it was 2010 that Rainforest was in Masters Div 3 with those guys (including Corrazin as well I think).

Those guys shouldn't have been allowed to play at that level.

:)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, just searched here on TTP and it was 2010 that Rainforest was in Masters Div 3 with those guys (including Corrazin as well I think).

Those guys shouldn't have been allowed to play at that level.
...and Rintoul.:rolleyes:

That was okay; they still couldn't beat us.:D The team still exists as Falconetti's.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps I don't hate players I do love game of soccer.Personally think Rubin should not let these guys make up new teams each year, Spots should be open for youth teams to come up. In stead youth teams are going to Fraser Valley and Burnaby div three leagues.
That is the reason I was asking league to form Div four group. There is no way that guys would drop down to div four to start. I went to watch two of their games they run the score and than laugh at other team.

Last edited:

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boners 2, Siaron 1. Our boys got the points, but, frankly, the squad needed a bit of luck. Our team is rubbish at the moment.
Having said that, 3A is proving to be a very competitive and even division. Hopefully we can improve down the stretch

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 1 - Royal United 1.

Perhaps the result is a bit undeserved, but in some aspects it is a just result. The Campo players had a very good game, but could not put the ball in the net from open play. The goal was superb free kick from our Brazilian forward. A rocket to the net that the goalie could not stop. However, they wasted chance after chance. Our goalie did not touch the ball at all.

With five minutes to go, our defender gives the ball away at the center circle. All the defenders rush to stop the forward who is running to the top of the penalty box. He literally dives, and the referee buys into the act and gives the other team a penalty. The penalty was well executed.

One thing to give credit to this team is that they always tried to play nice clean soccer on the ground. No long desperate balls or hard unneeded tackles. They tried to build up from the back which gave a nice flow to the game.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre Cat 1 - Snipers 3
The first half was complete dominance for them. They went up 2 - 0. The second half was the opposite. Our players dominated and scored a very nice goal. I thought that we could tied, but in the last minute their midfielder had a moment of brilliance and dribbled past three defenders to seal their win.

Our goalkeeper got brutally injured. Even his sock got ripped from the cleats. The referee merely said: "I can not give a foul or a card from a teared sock". I am sorry, but some referees should start to protect the players even if it is a CAT game. Overall we had good refereeing, but in the late night games they seem to be more permissive of dangerous play. Perhaps they are tired.

The snipers have very good young players. They eventually should be promoted to division 1.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Cliff Cobra 2. Very strong start by the bhoys to go up on a good finish after 10, and pressing hard for a 2nd right after. Very unlucky not to be up by at least 3 at the half, as our new signings made life difficult for Cobra's talented but flopping midfield, and were held at bay by a strong performance by their keeper in a MOTM bid.

2nd half was fairly even, but our legs started to go and they got the equalizer. That and the realization of possibly losing 2 points to a team lower in the standings revived them, and they took advantage of a defensive lapse to go up. Hard luck for the bhoys as they played quite well, but couldn't capitalize on too many chances that went begging.

Maybe not instantly competitive, but definitely way stronger than what was on the field the previous game against B United. Looking forward to our rematch next weekend with Strathcona.

Nov 25, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO if a bunch of players have no choice but to go two divisions down and work their way up ("wasting" 2-3 years) on a team with management they like...then the rest of the league should definitely suck it up and try to attract players from higher divisions (using legal strategies) so they can compete. On a soccer standpoint, It is actually the correct way to get promoted and not go right back down the following season in the next division. Most teams who get promoted and stay up in the following season have more than three players who could play at the next level already.

It's worth noting that they are doing this the honest way and giving up 2-3 years to reach the same level they could play at now. For once when one tries to do things the right and honest way, we want to impose a rule that potentially promotes illegal activity such as buying spots of teams in higher divisions? If they have really attracted players from division 1 without paying them, then good on their management for their ability to do that..

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace how the heck did you let them Slavs beat you. They must have good team this year.
Talk to Willy about div four next year. Few teams could use it. B United has turned the corner they will give many teams tough game. Max is like a cat with nine lives.
Number 8 is a lucky number, I could see them half way up the standings in second half of the season. Your boys need a school jym for once a week four v four. You guys need to work on bit more foot speed. Normally ladder does the trick bit every practise.
My friend Nelson builds the dam good team and that immigration boys come along and derail it all.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't easy. We had a number of chances to go up by more than one in the first half, but just couldn't put them away. Really a combination of bad shooting and a keeper who couldn't get out of the way quickly enough.

Small-sided games are a regular part of training and have been for several years. The challenge normally is to get extra sessions in when the Parks Board charges a king's ransom for field time that just isn't available. In the meantime, I'm happy with the numbers that we get out - consistently more guys available to train than to play, just because of work commitments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0