Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you remember when people other than me did Div 3 game reports? Bloody Hell, people it is not so hard.

Boners 9, South Delta 0. These guys are another new team to VMSL and they are well organized and have a few guys with decent skill. But, most of the guys are older and just not able to run with our young guys. They play an offside trap and compress the field very nicely, and that threw our guys a bit, but the thing is South Delta don't have enough speed at the back to play this way. We probably had 20 off side calls against us but in the second half, when they started to tire our young guys were just feasting on that high flat back line. Another game that wasn't really much fun.

Personally, I think there are at least 7 teams in Div. 3 who could compete in Div. 2. I kind of yearn for the days when there were 3 div. 2 divisions and 2 div. 3 groups. If VMSL doesn't have another Div 2 division then they need to create a Div. 4 and give teams the option of starting there or in Div. 3. I think it was Mr. Base who said the VMSL is a no joke league. There are at least 3 teams in Div. 3 A who aren't going to enjoy this season very much.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick I will give you report on today's game Bosna vs Poto boys. Sad case of a soccer game. Ref was a total shyt. He must be part of Port club. Guys were hammering each other from behind it could have ended in fist fights. I just do not understand Angelo. Ref must be fiend Sybo . Guy like that could not reg five see gulls.
I hope Angelo keeps that guy away fro Bosnian games. Guys on the side lines were very very upset with his reffing. Rubin take a look and see what goes on. Not fun, nor fair play.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt there are some bad refs in VMSL Div. 3 games, especially when games are at Trillium or Andy Livingstone we seem to have had some bad ones. As I noted in an earlier post, the ref in our match against Siaron was as bad as I've seen. And given that we won the match, that evaluation isn't sour grapes either. I don't think the guy left the center circle the whole match and lost control of the game. When he finally did start to pull cards the calls were erratic and all over the place. Both teams were pissed at the end.

Having said that the guy who did our match against West Coast Saints yesterday was first rate I thought. Good ref, but shite Boners side yesterday. Out team is mostly high school guys and guys in their very early 20s, with 3 or 4 geezers. West Coast is bunch of guys who are older, bigger and play a nice physical game. The island boys were flat as a pancake in the first 20 minutes and gave up a really cheap goal in the first 5 minutes. Then our guys mostly got pushed around and out hussled for the remainder of the half and gave up another just before the break. Second half was much better, and we started to create chances. Got a goal early and then one of our guys missed a sitter, shanking it over the bar. But, West Coast counter attacked well and had chances too. I'd say it was a 60-40 second half, with Boners having the edge. But, late in the half one of our guys had a complete brain fart and deliberately handled in the penalty area in an effort to clear a ball. The Saints buried the pk and went up 3-1. Boners didn't give up and fought back, creating a lot of pressure in the final 10 minutes, but Saints were able to ride it out and walk away with a well deserved 3 points. Hopefully our guys can pick themselves up and get back on track next weekend. Tip for anyone playing Saints. Man mark their central holding mid, #4. He's an excellent player and much of their attack goes through him. Like idiots we didn't figure that one out until well into the second half.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a rumour the Boners tried to sign a Vagina? Is that true? If so, would it be a first (a female playing in VMSL)?

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, there is one really outstanding 14 year old girl on Bowen playing HPL in North Van and she did come out and knock the ball around with the boys once in the summer.

But, we had a team meeting and decided she was simply much too good and would show the guys up, so we passed on signing her.

Guess its an all male squad for the foreseeable future, although one of the guys has a dog who is a YouTube worthy dribbler. His passing leaves something to be desired, but you can't get a soccer ball from him under any circumstances.

If he could write his own name, given our small player pool, we'd definitely sign him.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
A really delicate issue. . I just hope that league handles with tact and diplomacy. The Courts and Human Rights Commissions have been very clear on the interpretation of the law on these matters.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean WTF? (Well That's Fantastic?) Nice to know that you are on top of human rights issues.

In any case, coming back to the game reports.

After a good game with one of the top teams, our players became very overconfident.

Campo Libre 0 - Arya 2
Campo Libre 1 - Ante Up 2.

With Arya, it was a bit unfortunate. The game was dominated, and they hardly had any chances. Their goal was a nice outside shot the box. The keeper could not see it and it got deflected by one of the legs of the players. The second goal was towards the end after a counter attack. Almost the entire team was pressing for the equalizer.
With Ante Up, it was a more even game. Both teams had good chances and it was back and forth for the first half. Towards the second half, Ante Up was tired and we got most of the possession. However, they got two goals from errors on the build up. The guys are still learning to build play from the back. The first goal came after the defender let go a pass as he did not watch the striker behind. The second goal came after an interception. The goalie saved the shot, but the defender cleared it and it the ball hit one of the defenders running back. It was an own goal. The other team played well. A nice game to watch.

We have a CAT team now. We are very happy about this, and our players too. The guys enjoyed their first CAT game and it helps them to build confidence and experience.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember clearly few years ago Mr. Azzi told me VMSL teams are allowed to sign female players based on rules and regulation. He said women can play for mens team but not vice versa and it would be according to Fifa rules!!! where is the equality in that FIFA ? lol

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Master TATA: This is good to know (VMSL following FIFA Rules and court recommendations in similar situations). Thank you for the clarification.
Bandcamp: I prefer not to express an opinion on the comments of Dezza. At least new generations are thinking differently.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I was just sticking with the boner theme. It wasn't a derogatory comment against said vagina, but if you want to take it that way then you probably have some sand in yours!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza it all looks like more pain in the ars. So now we rename the VMSL to HE-SHE league and it's all fine. Development will get even better from here on. Last time I looked Canada was around 100 th in the World, with newest rules added we will reach 135 spot. No disrespect lady friends but as Regs said WTF.
More and more of a joke each day. Men are turning into women and women in to men. WTF goes around comes around.
Plastic dolls are next it will be no fun playing soccer. Just think what future young man will have to put up with. and than you get back boxing ref's and it all turns in to shyt.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart coach me two if they supply ripply plastic I am sure Rubin and Willy and you are on the same page.Soccer in div three is so bad that more than half teams need to play in div four. It's all about having fun.
I went to see Burnaby League of god that's even worse than VMSL lower levels. One thing for sure refs are more on the ball. Three refs in each game makes it better.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed about the refs Mr. Base. We played in the North Shore Sportsmens League last summer. Three refs every game. Both teams pay $70 each game. It is more expensive, but what a difference it makes.
I only half agree about the quality of soccer in Div. 3. Go watch the matches between any of the top 3-5 teams in each group and you can see some good football. The problem is the gap between, say, the top 3-4 teams and the bottom 3 teams in the divisions.

Simple solution: next year drop 3 teams in each of the Div. 3 groups to Div. 4 at the end of the season. Leave a spot for a new team, but give new teams the option of starting in either Div. 3 or Div. 4. If they are experienced or have a crew of young former HPL guys, let them start in Div. 3. If they have come from another league, like Burnaby, advise them to start in Div. 4.

That would create 1 Div. 4 group, 2 Div. 3s, 2 Div. 2s, one Div. 1 and Premiere. Starting in fall 2016, next year the bottom team in each Div. 3 group goes down and top 2 Div. 3s in each group go up. Bottom 2 teams in 2A and 2B go down to Div. 3.

Everybody wins here. Weaker or inexperineced teams get a chance to play even matches and not give up 70 goals over a season and still get a chance to improve and go up. The quality and competitiveness in matches in Div. 3 takes a step up, better preparing teams that get promoted for the level in Div. 2. Div 2 is really unaffected, except that 4 rather than 3 teams go down. Leave Div. 1 and premier as is.

Seems pretty straightforward.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick I totally agree with you as far as DIV three and four. Same as for ref's pay. VMSL needs new direction to lift the level of soccer. Premier is good over all. Div one needs two groups of 8. Top two move up. Div three two groups of 16 top two move up. Div four two groups of 16 top two move up. Use a league game head to head for cup games. Top eight in each group go to play-off's knock out system. Simple easy more fun for guys in div four. You make so many good points in my opinion you should put your name forward in next years meeting as far as a guy that could be a director. To me Bill, Rubin and rest of the directors are doing a good job, reffing is behind in few areas needs new fix and new direction.
In valley soccer skill is bit lower than VMS but the way league is running way better.
You will see few more teams go to Burnaby league next year. That board sure knows how to run the program.
In that last game I took in ref was a total one sided SOB. In old days he would have been running to his car. It was dam close in the last game. People on the side lines were ready to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0