Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base
Please come and ref all our games
I know you have Ref credentials
And provincial coaching certificate
I will pay you $15 a game
This will save our club thousands
Of Dosh
We then could lower our player fees
One other request if you could persuade Vancouver parks board
Not to charge us $55 a hour as our fields cost for practice & games
Total this season is $ 9000
The players would no longer control our club
Thanks in advance for all your
Work in helping us to lessen our player fees

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason you guys pay so much is due to use of Turf fields. There is five well drained grass fields in town that you guys could use. U 18 boys play on the fields. On Sundays they sit with out a use. Field cost is fourth of turf field most are lined on Saturdays and look good to play on, one sits on 57th and Nanaimo used by Killarney youth.
I might come back next year with a young team in div three. The only way I would if I get the use of field by the Killarney or other youth Club. Trade off for bit of coaching in kids program.
After nine pm field rental is less than half of the cost. Once a week guys can come out from 9 till 10/30 pm. Check with Parks board and Burnaby Parks board. Empire fields could be booked after nine.
Big costs are due to field insurance costs.
We need more youth on div three teams in VMS. Most teams are fielded with guys thirty and older. AR's are guys on the line $15.00 would be fine for the guys. It would bring more people out to watch the games.
Soccer can grow big here it takes few guys to start changing the system a bit. Just look at Caps,the guys they use are paid nothing if you look at cost of other club. They made it to play-off's and might win next game and move one.
That is the reason I was pushing for div four. It lets youth to develop. VMSL guys think hat is not needed. Team like B United would be better off in div four. Max has been around soccer for many years,he pores his hart in to it. It's not easy going home by lop sided wins. It might be fun for guys on the board but not so much for him.
He needs help from the board to play in div where he and few other clubs can have fun win some lose some and most of all develop youth.
That's my opinion and I think of many other guys.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  1. With the exception of North Van, all of my U18 team's games have been on turf this season. I don't think any teams at that age are playing on grass in the city of Vancouver.
  2. Bobolink Park's fields have the same drainage issues as most of the other grass fields in Vancouver that nobody wants to play on. Weather closures for half the season don't help either.
  3. Even if you get a field through a youth club, you will still have to pay the adult rate to the Parks Board to rent it.
  4. After 9 pm field rental cost is exactly the same as before 9 pm. There are no discounts.
  5. There is no more available field time at Empire. It's all rented out.
  6. Max was a very frustrated guy the last time I spoke to him. He's not getting much support from the players he signed.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I ref On Bobolink, drainage is fine very seldom it closed. If you walk it it's firm field. They fixed the north west corner. It's a bigger field than turf good for soccer. On top of it there is two fields there. And a good pub down the road. Check with Parks board grass field rental is 26 dollars an hour vs sixty or more on turf. All the teams want to play on turf, city must collect the cost back it's nuts. All the years I coach I use one day for six K run and one day for playing 7v7. Guys get used to it. On a day we run wings and beer go well, after chance for guys to get to know each other and have bit of fun.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 0 - POVC Benfica 0

Los Lucitanos played very well. They are very young skilled. It was nice to see them display their skill and creativity. Perhaps they lack a bit on organization and patience. Both sides created good play and chances. The second half was on Campo Libre side. We had a corner kick. Short pass and cross. Our forward is right beside the defender on line. He just jumps and scores. Everyone is celebrating, but then we hear the whistle. Off-side call. How is this possible the forward protests with reason.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT Campo Libre 4 - Guildford 2
A good win for our boys. Guildford went up two goals, but our boys managed to stage a nice comeback. Perhaps they were a bit unfortunate on the first goal. A corner kick that became a comedy of errors. The ball is coming into the net. The keeper punches it out. It hits the cross bar, back the to face and into the net!
The second goal was really nice. A good penetrating pass and then a well placed finish to the botton right corner. The third goal was very similar too. A penetrating pass in the air. Nice first touch to the ground and then the ball is in the botton corner. The last goal was scored by our centre back!!.

He dribble from our own half. First he went by the two forwards. One mid came and was left sitting back on the floor with the gambeta, then the holding went by trying to clear it. The two central backs go back running and collide each other and end up on the floor. Our centre back is one on one with the goalie. Unbelieable! The goalie comes out and our defenders taps it with class to the opposite side.

A good night for our Division 3 boys.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell went wrong with Bosnians and royals. Some kid of brook broke out. Game was called. Was it that same ref. I do know it could not be Jurek or yellows and reds would have stopped that.
Ante up United got skidded 12 nill. West side guys must be having a bad day today. Is this third div. Six nill is fine no need to report 12 nill. Bad case of skidders must have been the reason.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Night of fun watching VAFC Celts vs last place B United team. Game started with seven guys on B United against 11 of VAFC Celts. Celts were bigger team but skill of Max's B United lads kept in to a very good Div three game till about three four minutes to go. Close to the end of the game speed of a forward from Celts tied it up. Point for each team is good. Trace and his co-partner need to start playing bit more golf. Young lads are way hard to chase. Over fifty is more fun. Max's should do the same. Seven eight guys showing up to play is not something to be happy about and on top of it getting red cards for a dumb reason, Young ref did a good job controlling the game.
Both teams could use a forward or two. Teams should apoint AR it would look so much better. Young ref head to do both.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a brutally flacid performance for Boners last night at Hjorth turf.
Saturday, 6 pm and we were scrambling for guys. We finally managed to get 11, but we were deep into our bench for this one and Lobbans are a solid, well coached team. Our guys played well for the first 15 minutes then gave up a goal on a counter. After that it was a comedy of errors for the Boners leading to a 0-5 score at half time. Bad first half coaching decisions on our part, two complete individual player miscues, a ball that was well out but not called, leading to a goal when our guys more or less stopped playing, a similar incident on an offside call and a lot of other really bizarre calls. Must have been 12 yellows, and 2 reds, and some were complete head scratchers for both teams. Lobbans had a guy tossed quite early, but still played very well with 10. We lost a guy late in the game. Final was 7-2. Great result for Lobbans and we clearly have a lot more work to do. As for the ref--bald guy, eastern European accent--I'm channeling Mr. Base and calling for a dart in the ass.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base - over 50's is way too slow, even for me. That's why I had to play over 35's last night instead. My partner in crime is chronically injured, so he just does what he can. If he played golf, he'd probably hurt himself doing that, too.

Have signed 4 new guys to help out with the numbers issues we were experiencing; we should be better going forward.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace you guys are OK team. Guy play nice soccer. We all know most young people work. It is not easy to do both school work and soccer.As long as you have 11 that's good for Div three. If you add few subs you will win three more games in second half plus one or two before Christmas.
I do like one thing how France responded to dead in France . Franch jets have been bombing Seryan targets all day today and from here on.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 2 - West Vancouver Royals 0
On a sunny sunday, the Campo Libre squad made a long journey to play the West Van Royals. The drive included beautiful scenery of mountains and coastline, which made us reflect on the fortune to be in this province.
We were ready to play in a rather odd grass field, which did not seem to meet regulations. It was extremely narrow and unusually long. We started to change formations to play in this rather comic field, but the referee requested a change of field (i.e. insurance issue). The game got a bit delayed for a variety of issues, including changing of uniforms, line markings, moving nets, but it finally went under way.

During the first ten minutes, both teams were not able to find any coherence and rhythm in their play. The ball went back and forth on a chaotic manner. However, eventually the Campo players were able to start to control the play, and it became a one way traffic. The ball was moved from side to side without a problem, and our players were able to reach the attacking third zone with ease. The ball found the back of the net in two similar and superb occasions.
The first goal was a pass from the wing back right in between the center back and full back. Our forward ran to the ball and kicked ball on the run. The goalie tried to dive, but the ball was perfectly placed.
The second goal was another excellent pass from the midfielder that again split the the center back and wing back. This time the forward shot a canon ball that went beside the post. The goalie had not time to dive.

With this victory, Campo Libre ties for 3rd place. The team has greatly improved. There is no hope of promotion given that Burnaby Athletic has won every game with former Division 1 players, but we will aim to win each game of the second round. One down, and eight to go. The next game is against Surrey Royals United, which is in last place.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach it's all about playing good ball. If you get luck and get promoted even bigger bag of beans. What team did the Burnaby Athletic players play for in Div one before? Only three players are let to drop to lower level in fair play rules."Note" - per team. No one is checking old rule books.
This is why you see 8 to 2 scores. Maybe VMS does not care about the rule.
Check with BC Soccer on senior men fair play rules. They will have something on that.
Very good turn around by you guys.
I see Bosnia is slowly falling down the charts.Team needs more Bosnian youth players. There is four five kids in Fraser Valley with very good skill that could rebuild that team.I am sure they are watching Rof Irland vs Bosnia today in a return match. Ref made a big mistake on the first goal. RI one zero lead at half time. Looks good for them.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base,
I did not know this rule. I will check.
My understanding is that is Shaheen players. They got upset and left the division 1 team. This is why they have scored 53 goals and only received one. Shaheen will get relegated.
Bosna has talent. I am surprised that they are low in table.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach I think the rule states you can add three players from higher level per year. Check it out just be sure. BC Soccer has the top control in Men's and Ladies soccer in BC.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach I think the rule states you can add three players from higher level per year. Check it out just be sure. BC Soccer has the top control in Men's and Ladies soccer in BC.

Sorry, that is not a rule. The only rules like this are to do with players of certain ages:

Masters: Each team in the Over 35 Divisions will be allowed to register 3 underage players. These players must be born in 1981, 1982 or 1983.
U-21: Each team will be allowed to use a maximum of 2 overage players, belonging to the club’s CAT system, in every league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0