Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of HUGE games in the 3A promotion race this weekend. Obviously congratulations to Bby Metro Athletic already promoted from 3C and waiting on a playoff between Serbia and Unicorns in 3B.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
All to be decided in 3A this weekend. It would be a shock to see PCOV slip up against South Delta, but perhaps a chance for SD to take them by surprise as PCOV haven't played since their cup loss at the begining of the month while South Delta are in form after a good little cup run that saw them win a couple rounds before being absolutely drubbed by Cup contenders and a top Div 2 side in Strikers this past weekend.

So likely to come down to Saturday to see if Surrey can force a playoff. @RickG what sort of team will the Boners be able to field having not played since Jan 30??

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see PCOV slipping up against South Delta.

As for our match with Surrey, we have 3 of our starters suspended for the game due to accumulated yellows, including our best attacker; 2 guys injured; 2 guys away for work; 3 more unable to attend due to 'family circumstances' ("Sorry, honey the season is over, time to spend some time with ME this weekend!"); and another bunch of guys out with the flu. Right now we are sitting at 9 guys for the game, mostly from the bottom of our roster. With luck one of the walking dead flu guys will feel well enough to play to give us 10.

We beat Royal City on their home pitch playing with 9 guys, but that was with the top of the roster rather than the bottom. Who knows? We might get lucky. But, given that Surrey have something to play for and our guys had half a mind to forfeit, I'd say the chances of us winning on Saturday are slim to say the least. With any luck we'll keep the score under double figures. Unless a miracle happens, PCOV is looking at a playoff with Surrey.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly at Van Tech tonight - VAFC Celtic 3 Campo Libre CAT 2.

woot woot :rolleyes:
good game...the guys enjoyed it...you have nice players....but come onnnn...are not you been naughty ... we were not playing for the win ...and you knew it...images.jpg next time we will do it for the win since the start....Thank you. If we do not play again... best wishes in your summer season.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I knew that. That's why the little purple fellow with the rolled eyes was included in that statement... But we also started with 8, and played a substantial amount of the first half with 10 players.:D We also tried out a couple of new guys (one up top and one in midfield) to see if the team was a fit for them, and did some experimenting with a different formation than the players were used to - that's why we had 3 across the back. It worked for the first half, and until our trialists got gassed, for part of the 2nd. You have some talented players on your team, but it looked like they were getting frustrated with some of their teammates.

One of your guys left early (before you got there). He fell and landed a bit awkwardly on his wrist - hopefully he didn't break it, but it didn't look good the way he was holding it. I hope he's okay.

Definitely want to do this again - hopefully we can both do it with a bit more depth to the lineups.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you for asking about him. He is in the hospital. It was bad luck, and he broke the arm.
The guys were really happy to play with your team. You have decent guys. Take care.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NIne man Boners gave it a go in Surrey today, going up 1-0 early on and frustrating them right until the final 5 mins of the half when they got 2 last minute goals. I thought we made them work for it in the half, and had 2 or 3 other very good chances and they were getting pretty frustrated. They hadn't been taking the game seriously because they saw we only had 9 guys, until they fell behind.

Early in the second half we had a guy through 1 v 1 with their keeper but he elected to take a final touch and their retreating defender blocked the shot. That would have made it 2-2 and maybe given the guys some extra energy. But in the final 30 mins our guys were chasing, defending constantly, and got completely exhausted. It was pretty much constant bombardment at that point. Surrey could easily have had 4 or 5 more with decent finishing, but it ended Surrey 4, Bones 1..

This was probably the weakest team we've put on the pitch this year, but it was great to see the guys work so hard to stay compact, play for each other, and make Surrey work for their win, even if it did turn out to be a comfortable romp for them in the end. So the playoff between Surrey and PCOV that I predicted looks to be on!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they'll be playing before September...

Actually the only fans I've ever seen at their games are a couple of older Serbian guys who had to hold each other up :rolleyes:, and Mr. Base...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Trece,
Just an update that our guy broke the arm quite badly, and we will be out of playing for a while. An unfortunate accident, in any case, the guys enjoyed playing with your team and look forward to another match.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch. It was the result of a weird challenge - he ran head first into our centre back, and then fell awkwardly on it. Please wish him a speedy recovery for us.

ChunkyMonkey

Feb 23, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 3A championship/promotion playoff match abandoned, according to league website, with no scoreline noted. Anyone attend?

Game abandoned in the 85th minute.
Surrey 3 - PCOV 2
Play was stopped with PCOV set to take a penalty shot. Surrey goalie gets into it with a fan supporting PCOV.
Game Called.

There was confusion on the field, as players were expecting the game to be finished knowing there needed to be a result to determine who would get promoted to Div. 2.
Ref didn't have any answers as to what would happen next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0