Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions - November 2006

robino said:
What are your thoughts of achievers/underachievers?

Underachievers....definitely NK Hrvat according to Watcher. If only they had won their last 7 matches.

Our draw against Club I was certainly an underachievment on the night.

I'm guessing Royals 5 draws or an overacheivement based on what we saw.

Alikira acheived his goal of us being 0-1-1 in the 2 games he refereed ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
Underachievers....definitely NK Hrvat according to Watcher. If only they had won their last 7 matches.

Our draw against Club I was certainly an underachievment on the night.

I'm guessing Royals 5 draws or an overacheivement based on what we saw.

Alikira acheived his goal of us being 0-1-1 in the 2 games he refereed ;)

Actually I underachieved......I was hoping you would be 0 - 0 - 2...........:p

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 4 - Wickham 3

Still Kick'n - you almost got your wish......

3-0 at half - we were in total control.

We then all shoved our heads up our arses and played like a bunch of div 2 donkeys barely squeeking out the 4-3 victory.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Credit to Wickham - they never stopped running but really we need to have a look in the mirror and realize we got EXTREMELY lucky tonight......

Hopefully we'll be able to put this 'mare behind us and move onto a solid effort against Fiji

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze 4 - 3 Wickham

It was 3-0 at half for Blaze... then we decided we won the game and packed it in for the second stanza. We BARELY held on for the win.

It was as if we traded jerseys at half.

Still... its a win.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

A couple of the young cubs showed up at The Thirsty Penguin for a beer, said that they stuck in there, and apparently showed a bit of bite. Maybe things are looking up for the kids. It's their first year, so they still have a chance to pull it together.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Idiots 1-2 Westside FC 'A'

16-hours gone since their game ended and I'm stunned that neither Notcher nor Dancin' Bear have posted about their deserved come from behind 2-1 victory over the Idiots!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Especially after all the talking Dancin' Bear did on the pitch, but perhaps a bit of shame has crept in after that 9.8 dive he took near the end of the game...absolutely stunning for such a wee Scotsman!!!

Anyways, the first half was evenly played with both teams battling well. The Idiots were unlucky on a couple of occasions, once hitting the post on a cross/shot, but Westside also defended very well in their 18-yard box. Westside could also have been up a goal at half-time, but to their credit, Rmd Utd matched the dogged defending of Westside in their own box...0-0 at the half.

The second half started the same way the first half ended with both teams going hard at each other, but Westside, as they do, began to dominate the possession. The Idiots then earned themselves a free kick which was perfectly delivered into the Westside box for big Nasher to bundle into the back of the net...1-0 Idiots.

From that point on, Rmd Utd stopped playing, with their midfield giving away possession recklessly, only helping Westside take on further dominance of the game. Half way thru the 2nd half, United lose their centre-back and Kippax brings on a replacement who was directly responsible for Westside's equalizing and winning goals...final result 2-1 Westside.

The Westside boys definitely deserved the 3-points for their consistent play and taking every chance presented to them by the Idiots. Had Utd not packed it in after their goal, it might have finished a draw, but reckless play and a questionable choice of player replacement cost them any points on the day.

Nice to see a game played after a couple of weeks of match postponements.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro said:

16-hours gone since their game ended and I'm stunned that neither Notcher nor Dancin' Bear have posted about their deserved come from behind 2-1 victory over the Idiots!!!!:

The Idiots then earned themselves a free kick which was perfectly delivered into the Westside box for big Nasher to bundle into the back of the net...1-0 Idiots.

The Westside boys definitely deserved the 3-points for their consistent play and taking every chance presented to them by the Idiots.
We just got in the door from a night on the piss...that's why.

Earned is a strong word for a gifted free kick on a shocking call.
I hate to bitch about refereeing again but god damn he was shite! Good goal by them nonetheless.

When we finally decided to match their 3-5-2 the game turned. Simple as that.

Too bad Club I- Peg arent battling today....it's going to be a lot of time for them to think about being 9 pts down.
;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They were actually playing a 4 - 5 - 1 Notcher but you're right, once you matched their 3 - 5 - 2 things were okay. :D

Hard to believe you are complaing about a ref, especially when you get carded while on the bench........:eek:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
They were actually playing a 4 - 5 - 1 Notcher but you're right, once you matched their 3 - 5 - 2 things were okay. :D

Hard to believe you are complaing about a ref, especially when you get carded while on the bench........:eek:

I know when I finally become a ref I'll let people get away with making small criticisms....

Still Kickn

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Punjab Hurricanes 2 Westside 0

Westside had the play for the first 15 until we scored. Then we carried most of the play and scored 1 more before half. Fair result as the better team won on the day.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
I know when I finally become a ref I'll let people get away with making small criticisms....

Nice one. Small criticisms......:D To the point where they ref said he would abandon the game if there was anything else from the side.......Good thing that wasn't the case against Pegasus........:D

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro said:

16-hours gone since their game ended and I'm stunned that neither Notcher nor Dancin' Bear have posted about their deserved come from behind 2-1 victory over the Idiots!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Especially after all the talking Dancin' Bear did on the pitch, but perhaps a bit of shame has crept in after that 9.8 dive he took near the end of the game...absolutely stunning for such a wee Scotsman!!!

Stunning that I actually get sucked into replying to your bitter drivel.....

I have the stud marks to prove it, but the fact is, it was a stupid tackle in a stupid place. Satisfying game.....good game, fair result I thought.
Amazing it took us until after they scored to figure out how to play against their system.
As for all my talking Bumro.....I'm a passionate guy who likes to win......you'd be amazed at the amount of talking at me I hear in a 90 minute spell.
Regardless, thank you for once again coming out to support us and good luck with ALL your games in hand. No pressure....I'm sure you'll do just fine.:cool:

Looking more and more forward to seeing you and the Club I boys.

Regards.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dancin Bear said:
Regardless, thank you for once again coming out to support us and good luck with ALL your games in hand.

Regards.

That's a sweet piss take on Burnro brother. Should I send the Club I boys some Westside Cozies???

Great result for the Westside boys!!!

Looks like we will be riding the NKtrain this Friday night!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stranger said:
Looks like we will be riding the NKtrain this Friday night!!
Well, that really paints a picture doesn't it?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dancin Bear said:
Stunning that I actually get sucked into replying to your bitter drivel......
As would any self-respecting Scotsman!

Dancin Bear said:
I have the stud marks to prove it, but the fact is, it was a stupid tackle in a stupid place.
I would have thought the stud marks were from that awful tackle on you earlier in the game, regardless, this late-game tackle was typical of how reckless the Idiots can be, and I agree with you, stupid place to give up a free kick.

Dancin Bear said:
As for all my talking Bumro.....I'm a passionate guy who likes to win......you'd be amazed at the amount of talking at me I hear in a 90 minute spell.
REALLY??? It doesn't show at all mate!;) Anyways, as some of your team mates have pointed out to others, this is TTP, so I'm just having a bit of fun with you mate! Afterall, I still think you're the first player, born and bred in Scotland, to don the green & white hoops of Ireland in the Nations Cup!

Dancin Bear said:
Regardless, thank you for once again coming out to support us and good luck with ALL your games in hand. No pressure....I'm sure you'll do just fine.:cool:
My pleasure...always happy to lend my support against you guys! Don't worry about us and out make-up games mate, no pressure on us at all...it's all on you guys not to drop points from the top.

Dancin Bear said:
Looking more and more forward to seeing you and the Club I boys.
The feeling's mutual!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro said:
As would any self-respecting Scotsman!

I would have thought the stud marks were from that awful tackle on you earlier in the game, regardless, this late-game tackle was typical of how reckless the Idiots can be, and I agree with you, stupid place to give up a free kick.

REALLY??? It doesn't show at all mate!;) Anyways, as some of your team mates have pointed out to others, this is TTP, so I'm just having a bit of fun with you mate! Afterall, I still think you're the first player, born and bred in Scotland, to don the green & white hoops of Ireland in the Nations Cup!

My pleasure...always happy to lend my support against you guys! Don't worry about us and out make-up games mate, no pressure on us at all...it's all on you guys not to drop points from the top.

The feeling's mutual!

Break it down!

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Caught the sarajevo v. serbs game!
What happened to the sarajevo boys.They got disected in this game!Not even close.Whatched the tail end of the game with Ruben Tremarcos .......so much for the strong start the sarajevo boys had.......looks like it is all down hill from here........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0