Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions - November 2006

4STGMP said:
Blaze 1 - Punjab 1

Agreed - it was a good game tonight at Point Grey. Both teams showed intensity.

I agree that the Blaze carried the play the first 30 minutes - we found our legs as the game moved on and really took it to them the last hour or so. 1-1 at the half and we had numerous chances to get a second in the 2nd half - finish wasn't there. The Blaze also got their fair share on the counter.

Too bad this was the last meeting between these two teams.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze / Punjab Match...

Far and away, the best team we have faced all season. Both contests between the two teams have been tight... with the season series being decided in their favor by the only goal in the very first match.

The game was full of intensity... with decent solid tackles and scoring opportunites for both sides.

Blaze went up about 30 minutes in from a free kick from 35 yards... there was a knockdown and the ball popped open to Craig MacMillan who hammered volley from 15 yards. The Hurricane keeper did well to block it, but the rebound came to newly signed Todd Dontknowhisfcukinnameyet :D who finished the opportunity off nicely.

The goal seemed to fire up the Hurrincane side, and they came back at us in waves... and were rewarded with a goal shortly thereafter on a cheeky cross / one-timer.

The rest of the game was basically the Blaze defending and counter attacking... as the 3 points were far more important to Punjab. There were a few opportunities for both sides in the second half, with both teams squandering / being denied on golden opportunities in the last 10 minutes.

The game was a pleasure to be a part of... and I am sure that both teams believe the draw was a fair result. I was vibrating the rest of the evening... and had a hard time falling asleep!

Good luck to the Hurricanes the rest of the season.

PS How many freakin' signings did you guys have in the past few weeks:confused:

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
Blaze / Punjab Match...

PS How many freakin' signings did you guys have in the past few weeks:confused:

Well said sixfyv - about the signings - we had 3 of our university guys back - other than that it was the same team you faced in the first game.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
Westside 1 Binger's 0

It was a pisstake if that can be said of a 1-nil game. Our keeper never had a shot and their keeper did well. Cracker of a goal in the 15th min or so. You can see why they're a stingy side....

Hope you're man found his wallet...
Notcher you are one arrogant pr#ck. I guess that makes us even for the pisstake we gave you in the first game of the season. Gilzhino I am upset at your choice of words after the game. Outplayed...absolutely, outworked....at times, outclassed...not a chance.For two games I've had to listen about how Westside needs to take it to the next level. We are all still waiting.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser said:
Notcher you are one arrogant pr#ck. I guess that makes us even for the pisstake we gave you in the first game of the season. Gilzhino I am upset at your choice of words after the game. Outplayed...absolutely, outworked....at times, outclassed...not a chance.For two games I've had to listen about how Westside needs to take it to the next level. We are all still waiting.

That's some bitter language der Kaiser....
Fact is, gilzinho got it bang on. You were totally outplayed, outworked and outclassed....the goal we scored started deep in our end and wasn't touched until your keeper picked it out the back of the net.
I recall the first game well and if you call a piss-take scoring on your one opportunity and absorbing pressure afterwards, then I guess it was a piss-take.
Our keeper never made one save........90 minutes of the occasional shout of 'keeper' from some errant cross.
Instead of having a wee moan about Westside and being concerned about us stepping it up to the next level, fix what's happening in your own mob and consider yourself lucky that you're still waiting.

Good luck the rest of the way.....no, seriously:rolleyes:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser said:

Just having a good time on "Take the Piss". On another note the first game of the season was far from a pisstake. You played well for 20 minutes...that's it.
Either way we can resume this next year...or maybe not.

Gilzinho better watch yourself on the training ground, the Kaiser is "upset". Last time that happened millions died...

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser, my dear friend, I stand by my words, be they very bitter pills to swallow. Our midfield was overrun and our forwards were rarely a threat in their third. We couldnt hold the ball to save our lives and stringing 3 passes together that night felt like a chore. The tempo was completely set by WFC and we were chasing all game long, although, on second thought, 'a pisstake' may be hyperbole. Westside are not premiership classy, but they were certainly classier than us on the night.

Although, WFC, you should be thankful that your keeper didnt have to save a shot cause judging from how he fumbled the three crosses we sent in, he wouldnt have done too well. Also, the goal you scored, albeit a very very nice one, was courtesy of a lucky bounce off a defenders leg that gifted the ball to your forward so dancin bear's recollection seems like a bit of self-flattery to me.

Pound for pound though, we were outclassed in several key positions on the field. To soothe the pain a bit, we were missing some marquee players, but the better team won that night. It's almost time for me to accept that we are a middle of the pack team. Almost...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
Gilzinho better watch yourself on the training ground, the Kaiser is "upset". Last time that happened millions died...
Kaiser? Maybe you mean Der Führer. I don't remember Beckenbauer being so bad...

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:

noted...
my bad.
My arrogant prickness muddled my memory evidently:D

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
When you turn 40 give me a call and I will come and watch you and we will see how effective your game is. Although if you are in fact a keeper then you could probably play until you are 50. Notcher, my apologies, I sometimes forget what the TTP initials stand for.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser said:
When you turn 40 give me a call and I will come and watch you and we will see how effective your game is. Although if you are in fact a keeper then you could probably play until you are 50.
:confused:

Sorry, right half -- and I'm packing it in this year. My hands are sh!t. Ask anyone.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

A couple of us Club I lads caught the Westside-Bingers game last Friday night, and regardless of the bloody awful weather (isn't it funny how alcohol makes you feel warm:eek: ), it was a fairly good match to watch. Bingers did look like they were trying to climb up an ice wall for 90-minutes, and at the end of match, Westside fully deserved the 3-points.

Now that Bingers and Westside have sorted out who deserved, who was outclassed, who was outplayed in last Friday's game, we can all move forward with this weekends predictions...if the rain gods allow us to play of course!

Richmond Utd. "A"
Westside FC “A”

A resurgent group of Idiots should give the Westside old boys a solid battle.

Pegasus SC "A"
Club Ireland "A"
The hoops to seek some revenge

Shaheen FC
Royal United
The North Shore lads back to earning some points.

Binger's Army
Burnaby Fury "A"
The Army to get back on track after their loss to Westside.

NK Hrvat
Burnaby Canadians
An ever-improving young squad to nick the points off the Croatians.

Good luck this weekend if we play lads!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Go 'Lomas!
Go Westside Rino!

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Predictions for this week:

WFC 2-0 RUFC
Cant see the so called idiots taking any points from the Westsiders

Peg-Club
Postponed

Shaheen-Royal
Postponed

Binger's-Burnaby
Postponed

Hrvat-Burnaby
Postponed

Salut

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Half of the season is over, 2nd half begining. So far Westside and Blaze deserve the first place in their respective group. The underachievers in my mind are Club I (way too many ties) and Lobbans on the other side (couple of ties that they should have won)..What are your thoughts of achievers/underachievers?
Predictions:
Div1A
WFC - Richmond 2:1
Peg - Club I 1:1
Shaheen - Royal 3:2
Binger - Burnaby Fury 2:1
Hrvat - canadians 1:2

Div1B
Blaze - Wickham 5:1
Meraloma - Lobbans 0:3
Cliff - Fiji 1:1
Serbia - Sarajevo 2:0