Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div.1] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bobby..........at least you got to play, which is what it is all about.

Congrats to Norvan on getting promoted.

John

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bazza said:
Good game Bobby and thanks for the best wishes. Hope your big forward is OK.
Speaking of big forwards being OK, the final outcome for our injured Englishman is surgery today at VGH. With only 6 minutes left, he was brought down with ill-advised tackle in the box for a peno, broken tibia & fibula, 2 inches below his right knee. UGLY.

Game was stopped (obviously) for the ambulance which came 30 minutes later. Upwards of 50 minutes after the tackle, the ref wanted to continue and play the last 6 minutes, long after Polonia's players had either left or gotten changed.

The ref's reasoning was that by just calling the game after the tackle (Rangers were up 2:1, given a peno, and Polonia with 2 men sent off) it would be possible that Polonia could protest it after the fact. Really though, what would it have taken to get the ref, the two opposing managers, and a VMSL director (one was present) together and ask Polonia if they would agree to shut it down and take the loss. Instead, everyone stood around in their shorts, wet and cold. A bit silly really.

But on the other hand, the Polonia players really didn't make matters much better by mouthing off at the ref, telling him what idiot his is, to take his head out of his ass, blah, blah, blah. Real class. All that after #10 (the neandertal) taking a straight red for yapping off in the first place.

Credit, though, to the player who made the tackle for hanging around with him and waiting for the ambulance rather than getting changed and waiting with his team. He showed great remorse and respect, which I'm sure says a lot about him.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Sorry to here about the big guy. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and be ready to go next season.

Lomas 1 - 0 Blazed

Windy and wet would describe this one. Other than the standing water and the baseball diamond the pitch was in excellent shape. Connaught doesn't look so bad after visiting Beach Grove. The Blaze scored an own goal in the first half and that was the winner. We should've put them away, but we struck a couple of posts and the keeper made a nice save off a free kick. They came at us in the second but couldn't notch one. Their frustration was evident. They are a mouthy bunch. One of the Blaze players punched our outside back in the gut and was given a straight red. I thought our guy had been knifed or something by the way he dropped. :D We looked better today, but must be sharper for the relegation game in a few weeks.

No2

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A sincere congrats to Norvan for promo-well done, and well deserved! After the winter break, Norvan came out flying while others dwindled(sp) :rolleyes: Bobby, hope the big mans okay. I've always said that if I/we could sign/poach :cool: any 1 player in Div.1 A, hands down it was the big man up front for Wickham. My second choice, for what it's worth, was Frank(Van Oly's), or Norvan's midfielder who usually wore shirt #13 though wore #2 in the last game he played against us! Not sure of his name?

Any other thoughts on who MVP was in 1A?

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
or Norvan's midfielder who usually wore shirt #13 though wore #2 in the last game he played against us! Not sure of his name?

Inspector - I think you're probably on the right track there........

PS Congratulations to Norvan - undoubtedly the best team in the division and with one or two more experienced heads alongside the young 'uns they should do OK next year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Burnro who remained undefeated since taking over the coaching duties at Christmas. At that point in time, we had 3 wins 2 draws and 7 losses. As I mentioned earlier, next year, we will be pushing for promotion. Things are looking up in Hoops land.

1 "B" # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Indo-Akal FC "A" 18 15 1 2 60 20 46
2 Sikh Temple "A" 18 13 2 3 58 19 41
3 WFC Rangers "A" 17 8 3 6 27 26 27
4 Cliff Avenue United 17 8 2 7 24 21 26
5 Club Ireland "A" 18 7 4 7 28 35 25
6 City FC Blaze 17 7 3 7 27 26 24
7 IFC Sarajevo 18 6 3 9 34 37 21
8 IFC Polonia 16 5 4 7 31 26 19
9 Meraloma FC 17 4 3 10 31 52 15
10 Norvan Primos 18 1 1 16 16 74 4

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The big guy up front would not be a bad choice and I believe we would all agree - but in the end seems we dropped six big points missing Shervin in the middle the last two games and wonder of wonders, I believe one of our six Wickham members of the 40+ age gang was even the top scorer in the end. Baby Boomers Rock!

And for those who keep insisting that the other side is easier - I don't remember Temple running away with 2nd place last year on our side... strange... yes and Morris was there last year - receiving reds for being frustrated with being marked out of the game by 40+ guys... and of course having them rescinded by the league - just part of the game you know... nudge nudge wink wink...

As for the guy in the middle for Norvan, that is probably Drew - great young player, strong ball winner - but they have so many good young players (any of the Premier teams would love to take Leo out of their back line); how does just one stand out. Makes it easier for guys like Big John (for us) and Marco for Lobbans to stand out playing with us mere mortals.

Friday night strategies or not, good on Norvan for moving up, they seem to have a pretty strong base for making a decent go at sticking.

And any of you Pegasus guys out there looking to duck a Surrey commute, why fight 20 year olds for position, and forget the Trollups, Wickham is the choice on the North Shore. If you can't beat out 47 year old centre backs...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
And any of you Pegasus guys out there looking to duck a Surrey commute, why fight 20 year olds for position, and forget the Trollups, Wickham is the choice on the North Shore. If you can't beat out 47 year old centre backs...

What national champ would miss the opportunity to say he played with former Sailor Hagars' players?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And for those who keep insisting that the other side is easier - I

It was. Much easier. With the squad we had to put out against your full squad, we deserved to beat you on the day. In OT, we just ran out of bodies. No offense, but your back line did look as old as you say. They were the poorest backline we played against all year. We could/should have scored at least 5 times on you. Your keeper stood on his head. Anyway, good luck to you next year.

Having said that, are you looking for any left-footed 36 year-olds with no knees left. ;)

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The air must be thinning in Richmond. You should have scored 5 times - what game were you watching? In the 2nd half you barely ventured over the half-line. Fact is we played our worst game of the season to that point and we still managed a win, in OT albeit. I see we were the only ones who beat Club I after Christmas...hmmm. I agree your side was probably stronger, but not by that much.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Consider the fact that in the course of the season Club I. had 1 win, 1 tie and 6 losses against the top 4 teams. Teams below you in the standings you should be able to beat without question if you wish to be considered a contender.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
I don't remember Temple running away with 2nd place last year on our side... strange...

The Temple team from 2003 had way less talent then this years version.

There were at least four players added to the team whom played Premier in 2003, and all four were starters.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The air must be thinning in Richmond. You should have scored 5 times - what game were you watching? In the 2nd half you barely ventured over the half-line. Fact is we played our worst game of the season to that point and we still managed a win, in OT albeit. I see we were the only ones who beat Club I after Christmas...hmmm. I agree your side was probably stronger, but not by that much.

Hey, it was tie after 90 minutes, so it doesn't count. ;)

Yes, it was your worst game of the season apprently, especially with the squad we fielded that day. Oh well, it's only football after all. Good luck in your remaining games and I'm sure we'll cross paths again. Cheers.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams below you in the standings you should be able to beat without question if you wish to be considered a contender.

I never said we would be a contender this year. Next year, we will. I'll leave it at that for now. Indo stuffed us once and deservedly so. The other game was very tight, and both Temple games were very close. Anyway, to finish this off, our side was MUCH tougher. Cheers. :D

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bobby, we get no respect - but, hey, I look younger. I'll end the year with that positive thought and work on my skill this summer. I think the young guys are going to want more next year.

And Jinky, cruel shot with the Hagar's line. Luckily we are all Whitespot guys so we will forgive you.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Auntie Jinks:

No need to apologise - colemanj is a 47 year old centre back after all... :rolleyes:

See you Saturday, J.... :D

beerz,

stew :cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for that Luc Van plagiarism. Anything else you've read you'd like to share with the VMSL crowd? One fish two fish red fish blue fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0