Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div.1] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find the posting over here in the VMSL threads quite boring compared to what goes on over in the FVSL threads. It is of no wonder that so many of you are moving over to play in the Valley.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard people move to the Valley because it really is the easier side...

Stewie, glad to see a Saturday Soccer guy lurking about - Cheers!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew,

I know who colemanj is. He forgive's me because the White Spot guys are still emotionally scarred by the horrible things they saw their Sailor Hagar team mates do on a soccer field.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coleman,

are u trying to by-pass the over 30's league? You know there's no medal for that. :wa:

I noticed you have new players out this year. Are these your div2 cat team players?

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got over the loss last week.
Congrats to norvan for the promo..They were the best side this year.

Wish we could challenge norvan in the end, but unfortunatly we were missing key players.. if not the best players...

Once against... Congrats Norvan... :rolleyes:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not looking for a medal, just trying to keep from being injured. Those over 30's guys seem to want to relive their glory years by going hard and hitting late. I thought it would be more fun, but it's not - maybe over 50's? Right now I have my fun on Saturdays at Willingdon and torture myself with the young guys on Sundays.

Our CAT guys were too busy winning their division this year. They didn't have the numbers to help us out (isn't depth a problem everywhere -except Norvan - though, right filini), but there are guys down there that can play. We did have two young guys that stepped directly in from outside the club and played great. If we can repeat that trick every year and start adding one or two from the CAT team we might gain a bit of respect in the community. Maybe one day soon our side will be feared - even by Jinky and his hoopsters!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff, colemanj. :cool: It looks like we will be on the same side next year so that should be a couple of good battles.... Here is something to cheer everyone up....if I can post this fcuking link....

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top shelf Captain...good laugh! Should be a nice change of scenery for the '05/'06 season as we swing over to Div. 1 'A'...could be tough based on that 1 'A' match we witnessed last Friday...yikes!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't wait for the season to end, now I miss it already. It will be fun next year - one side or the other, there are always lots of good games. Look forward to playing the hoops again - well maybe not the one mesomorph running around crashing into everyone, where's our Flamma gone when we need him - hopefully we'll see you early before it starts getting to be a slog.

bobby

Oct 6, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
Couldn't wait for the season to end, now I miss it already. It will be fun next year - one side or the other, there are always lots of good games. Look forward to playing the hoops again - well maybe not the one mesomorph running around crashing into everyone, where's our Flamma gone when we need him - hopefully we'll see you early before it starts getting to be a slog.
I'm looking forward to it too - with any luck Club I will be playing their home games on a proper soccer field next winter as opposed to that high school football field. Then again, they may not have as many injuries and will be more difficult to beat!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised you guys didn't like that field. It was perfect for your 'hump it up the field and look for the big fella' brand of soccer. Interesting. I must have missed your team's footballing ability. My mistake.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's okay, everybody we beat seems to miss it. But you know what, if you look close there are three or four other guys that can really play... they kind of sneak up on you over the season, add a point here, a point there and suddenly 2nd place again! Damn, how does that keep happening... they're crap!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coleman,

Don't get defensive on me now. :D I didn't say you were crap. I said you play a 'hump the ball up the field to the big fella'. You do that well. Congratulations. Rubbish football to watch but obviously you had success with it on the weaker side of division one. Good stuff. You wouldn't cracked the top five in our side but that is here nor there now. It is MOOT now. ;)

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I'm surprised you guys didn't like that field. It was perfect for your 'hump it up the field and look for the big fella' brand of soccer. Interesting. I must have missed your team's footballing ability. My mistake.

Captain Shampoo, I've seen your team play and I agree your soccer team's superior ability to read the mis-hit passes due to the shity cow pasture that you call your home park.

As for Colemanj's hump up the field and find the big guy strategy, which, I thought was pretty smart thinking....I enjoyed watching him undress your defenders. I also noticed that your team's strategy was hump it down the park to the small speedy asian striker/mid.....so what's the f'ckin difference?

stick to making milk shakes. :eek:

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 5 - 3 PVOC (OT) --Relegation Battle :D :D :D

Well we have at least one more year of div.1 football. PCOV went up 1-0 early with some poor Loma marking off a corner kick. We replied quickly with a nice header to the far post. After that we shut down mentally and PCOV went ahead 3-1 by halftime. We pressed early in the second half coming close on a few chances. PCOV were buckling under the pressure and took some yellow cards. With about 12 to go our center back slotted a header off a free kick. After that things got chippy, PCOV took 2 red cards and really fcuked themselves. With about 1 min left yours truly slotted a free kick into the corner and we were headed for OT. With 9 men PCOV didn't have much of a chance and we went 5-3. Our keeper saved a PK and that was it. In the end the stronger team from the stronger side won the game.

No2

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relegation Game

PCOV 3 : 5 Meraloma SC

In what can only be described as a comedy of errors, the 'Lomas pulled off an extremely gutsy win. It wasn't pretty for either team, but it certainly was dramatic.

Gotta go for now -- write up and photos coming late tonight.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me!!
In the end the stronger team from the stronger side won the game.
Not sure what makes you think you guy's are strong.Of course when the ref side's with your team and basically hands the game to you cause you have 2 xtra players,you should look stronger!!With the score 3-2 there was an obvious hand ball in the loma's box with about 3 min's to go with the whistle in his mouth the ref chickened out and didn't call instead the play went the other way down the field PCOV took there second red and you guy's scored on the free kick.Don't get me wrong you guy's are the shits and unless you pick up some players will look forward to another season of losses.In saying this though I must add that PCOV is even shitter for not being able to put you guy's away when they had the chance too and deservedly should be relagated!! :rolleyes:

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

I didn't say we were stong, I said we were stronger. There is a difference !!
Lets be Honest, PCOV only had one decent goal. Ours were all nice finishes. They were mentally weak. If you can't keep your cool in a big game then you don't deserve to play in div1.

unless you pick up some players will look forward to another season of losses

Yes you are correct, and we are well aware of this.

No2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0