Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

Bingers 0-2 Sikh Temple

A great game at Hillcrest today. Bingers gave it everything they had. They even had a few half chances to score, but realistically a draw was always going to be their best bet. Once Bingers had a man sent off, it was only going to be a matter of time. From the ensuing free kick came Sikhs 1st goal on a nice header. The 2nd came with only 3 minutes left on a counter, when Bingers had eveyone except the keeper up front. That's 2 weeks in a row where Sikhs opposing team has had a man sent off, which had an impact on the game. But in all fairness to Sikh, they've earned promotion and it's been well deserved. A team with alot of depth and pleanty of youth. I think they'll do well next year. Good luck to them, and most of all CONGRATS!! from Inspector Blake.:)

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

cant wait to see the indian derby next year.. indo vs. sikh, always draws huge crowds.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple 2 Bingers 0

Good game with Temple controlling most of the play and Bingers giving all they had, hats off to Bingers, they played very tough.

Also caught the Peg/Lobbans game yesterday, and Peg had a man sent off for a red card, that game was one way traffic for Peg up until that point and had they not got the red card, today's game would have been a mute point.

Congrats to everyone at Temple, from management, to all the players on the Div 1 and Div 2 cat team, as well as all of the teams supporters. Great bash after the game at the field, and then over to Hippos for more beer and food. The party was still going strong after I left.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

0-0, 25 minutes to go, you guys trying to win the league, we're trying to stay up and we get a second yellow for shirt-pulling.Pretty soft I say. It would have been nice to play you for 90 minutes with 11 players.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Red cards are red cards. If one ofyour players had his shirt pulled, you probably would have wanted a yellow right? The rules can't change throughout the game.......

Congratulations to Sikh Temple for earning promotion. It is the hardest thing to do in any league. It's almost up there with winning the Scottish Premier League by 15 - 20 points. :D ;)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

When the guy got his second yellow, Temple scored right away on the free kick awarded. Even if your player was still on it would have made no difference, it was a simple cross that was headed in.

SOFTBALLZ

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

:wa: Temple 2 - Bingers Army 0

Congrats to FC Temple

first time in their 25 year history have been promoted to the Prem. they have been close last 4 years but they have finally done it. I was at the celebration party but it was getting out of control so I had to bail. wasn't a good scene.!

Softy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SOFTBALLZ said:
:wa: Temple 2 - Bingers Army 0

Congrats to FC Temple

first time in their 25 year history have been promoted to the Prem. they have been close last 4 years but they have finally done it. I was at the celebration party but it was getting out of control so I had to bail. wasn't a good scene.!

Softy

Details, details, details. :D

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

"We did it"
In loving memory of our brothers:
Harji
Chief
&Lally
and with 25 solid years of grit and determination,
Sikh Temple FC are premiereship bound.

Thank you to all of our supporters.

EL Jefe on behalf of Temple FC

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

CONGRATS Temple!!!

Great game at Hillcrest, You could see the nerves on the Temple sidlines throughout the game, and after they missed a few quality chances including an open net which the put over for a field goal, I'm sure many were almost having heart attacks. Binger's defensively played well, but realisticly offensively they had nothing.

Temple boys were kind enough to invite me out to their post game celebration. Man can those guys party, guys doing flips, jumping off a platform over 3 guys into the splits, crazy.

I have known a few guys off the the team for a while now, and I know they have worked endlessly to reach their goal of Premier, so well done boys.

Gurps, maybe I'll catch you and some of the Temple boys at some of the summer tourneys. Good Luck in Premier

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Also caught the Peg/Lobbans game yesterday, and Peg had a man sent off for a red card, that game was one way traffic for Peg up until that point and had they not got the red card, today's game would have been a mute point.

Are you sure you're referring to the Lobbans/Peg game? One way traffic?:rolleyes: Oh, I just figured it out.. You were taking the piss.. My bad!;) Peg hadn't brought their strongest team out, and therefore didn't really threaten our goal other than 1 or 2 half chances. The red card came fairly early in the game, so I fail to see how much control of play they could've had. Lobbans also had to finish the final 15 minutes with 10 men as we ran out of subs for the 3rd game in a row:confused: As Kaiser said, and I'd agree with him, it would have been interesting to see the outcome of todays game had Bingers finished with 11, as well as the Fiji game the week before if they'd finished with 11. I'll say it again, CONGRATS to Sikh. A top rate team and a classy bunch.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser, the reason I believe he got the 2nd yellow was because he took away a scoring opportunity by pulling him back by the jersey. He was practically on a clean break, the ref played a brief advantage, but when there was none he called the play and gave the yellow.

Defensively you guys did well, but that #5 on the left side of D needs to improve, he let his man get away a few times and a few goals should have been buried as a result.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps is probably hammered, I saw him slamming down beer straight out of the pitcher, no need for a glass I guess.

I saw part of the Peg game and in all honesty at the beginning anyway Inspector Blake it didn't look like you guys were in to the game, just my opinon though.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
Gurps is probably hammered, I saw him slamming down beer straight out of the pitcher, no need for a glass I guess.

I saw part of the Peg game and in all honesty at the beginning anyway Inspector Blake it didn't look like you guys were in to the game, just my opinon though.

That's fair enough. I'd also say neither team had really set any tone for the opening half hour. Once the red card came, it was all over. I wish we'd get the luxury of always playing against 10men - hey Gurps;)

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations!

Congratulations to Sikh Temple on winning division 1 and making the move to premiership during the same year they also celebrate their 25th Anniversary as a club!

Congrats to old school boys, Norm, Shin, Kam, Malkit, Lav and Rammer (the latter two are part of the old school just because they started playing with temple in the 80's) These are the guys that worked so hard day after day for 25 years to keep this team together, not only as a team on the field but kept it together as a family off the field. Congrats to them, they deserved it!

Good luck in premier boys...hopefully the stay is atleast another 25 years! :D

ps...I hear the temple team after party continues in Vegas in May....any team that knows how to play together and drink together is just fine in my books...especially if the drinking happens in Vegas!:wa: :wa:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
I wish we'd get the luxury of always playing against 10men - hey Gurps;)

Well, you will have 18 chances next year in Div 1.:)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

NO2 said:
Anyone know what the tie breakers are?

2 teams tied answer from Ruben.

In the event of two teams having the same number of points at the end of the League schedule, and providing that this situation affects the promotion or relegation of teams, a one game playoff on a neutral ground shall take place with extra time periods. If the teams are still tied after extra time, a penalty kick series will be used to decide the winner.
>Ruben

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for all well wishes and congratulatory remarks. It's gonna take alot of hard work to survive premier but we'll do our best to prepare come August.
Nice to meet the Lobbans guys who stuck around after the game. Great season and good luck next year.

Hats off to Bingers for providing us with some drama which only made the celebration that much better.

Needless to say, most of the Temple boys are pretty much comatose at work this morning. Last tequila went down the hatch at 2am, up at 6 for work.

Last I heard, Harballz was snorting rails off some hookers azz at the Biltmore with a few members of the Seattle Seahawks. Shame on you.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wickham FC "A" 1 - 2 Vancouver Olympics "A"
Shaheen SC 2 - 3 WFC Rangers "A"

Wow! Two close games, that almost tied the race up or ended it completly.

Any comments on the games?

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
Kaiser, the reason I believe he got the 2nd yellow was because he took away a scoring opportunity by pulling him back by the jersey. He was practically on a clean break, the ref played a brief advantage, but when there was none he called the play and gave the yellow.

Defensively you guys did well, but that #5 on the left side of D needs to improve, he let his man get away a few times and a few goals should have been buried as a result.
Obviously I am biased as I play for the Army but I felt your player fouled our player in the first place. Our guy went for the ball and your guy did the arm hook that I think too many forwards get away with. Secondly, you are right about it being a yellow card offence as he did have a partial breakaway. I guess I was just hopeing that the ref would realise the situation and not give the second yellow. It completely changed the game. If he had at least admitted that he did'nt realise it was his second yellow and had he known that he would'nt have given it, i could accept that. I think what I am more upset about is the first yellow our player got was definately a soft yellow. Imagine if the yellow card your player got in the first half had been a red I'm sure you guys would have been very upset. It was a hard challenge with studs up that put our guy out of the game. Our sideline felt it was a red card offence, I did'nt as it was your players first offence and up to that point he seemed to be a pretty clean player. It was just such an exciteing game that was ruined by that call. As for #5, he is a very good player who has not played a game of soccer for a year and a half as he has been travelling in India so you will have to go easy on him until he is match fit. Congratulations on your promotion and good luck in the Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0