Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

Lobbans i must say u guyz beat them fair and square in the season series.. but ur luck has run out!!! All the sikh players are good friends with the fiji guyz.... I will bet any player in this league that sikh temple will win.... And i am willing to put whatever amount of money on the line... The game will look good, but at the dayz end, sikh temple will finally get promoted to premier.... Lobbans it would be nice if this was decieded in a one match game but unfortunately its not gonna... All the best to the lobbans as they are a bunch of classy tallented guyz... A good year for the lobbans and they should be proud of what they have accomplished.... Anyone want to bet? lol... PS... If u look back in the last 5 years in division 1 .. one must say sikh temple deserves a shot at premier.... Good luck to sikh temple ....

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantabulous said:
All the sikh players are good friends with the fiji guyz.... I will bet any player in this league that sikh temple will win.... And i am willing to put whatever amount of money on the line... The game will look good, but at the dayz end, sikh temple will finally get promoted to premier.... Good luck to sikh temple ....

Truly, well said:rolleyes:

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gotta agree with you No 2. We aren't a very physical team, as can be expected with a roster that is mostly made up of U21 players. However, it didn't prevent us from thumping the Lomas 9-1 on aggregate over our 2 games.:knvb:

Anyways, Lobbans are a strong team and deserve to be competing for top spot at this stage in the season and as Inspector Blake pointed out, they did take the season series from us.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why is everyone acting like the season is over for the Lobbans? There are 2 games still remaining for both squads and Fiji has beaten Temple this season and Peg has beaten Lobbans also. What if Bingers play total defense and sit in there end ...anything can happen and the same goes for Sarajevo against the Lobbans. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!

Hard Ballz

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

We are planning on playing total offence against Temple to confuse them. By the way Richmond thank-you for giving the Lomas 4 points this year. Do you really dislike us that much?

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I honestly thought that Temple would be playing Binger's this week and Fiji playing its Div1 Cup Final against Polonia.

Adding on to this turf situation. It was Temple's home game and they had made booked the turf ahead of time, and eveyone was aware of the time and location almost a week in advance, so I can't blame Temple. BTW Lobban's if/when you do get in to Premier expect a fast paced game all the time.

Hard Ballz for once is right (must not be hammered yet) there is still 2 games left, Fiji is a good squad, further Lobbans are in tough as well Sarajevo is always capable of stealing points, Elvis just needs one good look. The Peg boys will also give them a run as they are young and fit.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

However, it didn't prevent us from thumping the Lomas 9-1 on aggregate over our 2 games.

ouch. Cmon, the first game we had 10 men for 80 mins. I think Peg will beat the Lobbans and you'll be promoted.

See you in 07/08.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peg is a lot better team then their record shows. It will be interesting to see how they do in thier Imperial Cup game this week.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is Adam back and playing for Peg.? I believe he messed up his knee early this season.

Hard Ballz

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Costley is only a month into his rehab after surgery (ACL).

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

NO2 said:
I think Peg will beat the Lobbans and you'll be promoted.

See you in 07/08.

If Sikh Temple gets promoted to Premier for next year as you predict, how do you figure they'll drop all the way to Div.2 for the following year?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So now that the Olympics and Rangers are even on GP but only two points apart, who'll be the favourite going down the stretch? Both teams have only two games left, but the slightest slip will put the other team in favour.

.......................Pld.....W....D....L....GF....GA...Pts
WFC Rangers A...........16....14....0....2....44....13....42
Vancouver Olympics A....16....13....1....2....49....18....40

The final games look good for each team with no real advantage for either:

Vancouver Olympics A
v. Wickham FC A (last meeting 2:0 W)
v. Royal United (last meeting 4:1 W)

WFC Rangers A
v. Shaheen SC (last meeting 4:0 W)
v. Wickham FC A (last meeting 3:0 W)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps,

Are you headed to the Sikh Temple/Fiji game this afternoon?

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

WFC Rangers will finish 1st, I can't see them dropping anymore points.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper...I'm sure Gurps will be there with his taxi waiting for all the fans who will be secretly drinking in Tim Horton cups at the pitch today.

Hard Ballz

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple did well with win today and seemed to put it into cruise control in the second half after the Fiji player was sent off in 1st half when the game was close and dirty. But this could be a year you could see both the Olympics and Temple go up after years, i guess you could say its deserved. Hey Lobbans does Joseph still play with you guys? Also today I saw Fiji for the first time, what happen to their young players as this was a team of veteran players especially on defence they were averaging a masters team in age today

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple wins 5-2 over fiji at Burnaby lake turf this afternoon. Teple got off to a great start by scoring in the first 5. Fiji countered on a goal of a PK to make it 1-1. Yowen took a cheap shot .....yes, Yowen cheap shot....aka ...watch your back next time....elbow to one of the Fiji guys side of the head and got away with it.....leading to the Fiji red card....A-hole. Game went on and it was 2-1 at the half. Temple took advantage of the missing guy and went up 5-1.....some our keeper could have had but...........game was rigged ....right?:confused: . ......Final score 5-2. For people that were there ( Lobbans ) noticed Fiji played well and probably should have won the game as I thought we took it to them before the red card happened. The ref ( Kevin ) was pretty biased from what I saw and seemed like he wanted Temple to win but.......whatever. Kevin, you knkow who Hard Ballz is but seriously...fcuk....pick it up a notch and then pull all the attitude you want......A-hole.

Hardballztwobits.....whothoughtvalwasgoingtoscorehis4thoftheseasontoday!:wa:

Hard Ballz

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper, sorry for the late reply, but I wasnt able to make it out Saturday.

Looks like Lobbans will have to win their final two to stay alive, with Temple needing to beat Bingers, who are looking to stay up so this will not be an easy game.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No prob. It was a bit of a last minute thing -- I wasn't even able to make it until the second half, due to the fact that the fcuking people at Sportcheck & Sportmart were dinking me around over a new pair of skates. Besides, it wasn't a total loss -- I saw Hardballz's cell phone there attached to some guy's ear.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps, it looks like everything should wrap up for Temple this weekend. Peg plays Lobbans @2:00 on Saturday and Temple plays Binger's on Sunday. Peg/Lobban's game should be great. I might just see you there, that is if your sticking around after your 12:00 Cat game at Hillcrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0