Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingdutchman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice 1-0 for Bombastics over Richmond. They clinch 6th place and get to face Chile now... Bombastics have a good keeper who can keep their team in it against a good offense, so it should be close...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having played both Bombastic and Chile this year...

Chile should take this one easily. Their attack and pace will be way too much for Bombastic..

Having said that...it's a one game playoff and you never know.....

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a nightmare (since Xmas). 6 or 7 game skid and what feels like a blown out knee 5 minutes into the game. Bombastic did fairly well to get the 3 points...their GK had a great day in the pipes. Their goal cam on their fisrt quality chance (early in the 2nd half). This gave them some more confidence, although I would argue RFC likely had more overall chances with said keeper being a difference. RFC's (Div.1) need for quality youth caught up to the old farts after a stellar first 11 games of the season. Yikes! Hopefully, string one out against NK. FML.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a nightmare (since Xmas). 6 or 7 game skid and what feels like a blown out knee 5 minutes into the game. Bombastic did fairly well to get the 3 points...their GK had a great day in the pipes. Their goal cam on their fisrt quality chance (early in the 2nd half). This gave them some more confidence, although I would argue RFC likely had more overall chances with said keeper being a difference. RFC's (Div.1) need for quality youth caught up to the old farts after a stellar first 11 games of the season. Yikes! Hopefully, string one out against NK. FML.

Yes, and mistakes within the club........people should have been moved. End of story :confused: Disappointing, Klaus, but see if you can get the troops

Good luck to Bombastic but they will have their hands full if that is the team they put out against Chile

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 4 Metro Ford Primo 3

Exciting game at Van Tech Turf tonight between a severely depleted NK squad with three youth call ups and a Primos side comprised almost entirely of youth. Hrvat scored first and had a second cross the line by a good two feet that the ref missed and the goalie did well to pull back. In fact NK wired at least four that seemed to be sure goals right at the MF keeper. This fired up the Primo youth who slotted two to take the lead. NK responded with two of there own to retake the lead, the second one being an obvious handball which again went unoticed. The half time score stood at 3-2 NK. In the second half Primos talented tall Serbian striker scored a brilliant free kick in the top corner to level the score at three which must have made him feel elated. However a brilliant run was crossed in by Kenji to Nico who popped it in from point blank to restore the Hrvat lead which they never relinquished. Man of the match was Kenji who moved to stopper after the seond Primo goal to stop the bleeding and he really made the difference there as well as setting up the deciding goal. Late NK sub Eric Valdez looked uber dangerous at striker and will be welcome again anytime.

All in all this was a much needed challenge for NK beore their first cup match.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher I did see the game. It realy did not look like a Div one game. More like div two.
What has gone wrong that you are missing so many guys that you head at the start of the year. It was good three points for you. Premo is got to go long ways to get back to soccer they used to play.

dcline

Oct 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
has been a disappointing season for Primo as we lost a lot of guys to family commitments, moves out of town, and injury. MOstly lack of commitment as anyone who played against us can easily tell we never had the same group of guys on the field.

The game against NK was exciting to watch. Primo with 5 call ups from youth and 3 guys that were signed 2 weeks ago fielded the pitch. Normal team captain out, recovering from surgery and more key personnel working. Keeps never played there before but made a couple great acrobatic saves to keep Primo in it.

In the end the depth of NK gave them the win as they were able to control a bit more of the play and keep the ball deep in Primo territory.

Good luck to all teams playing in cup.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL sent a memo stating that restructuring is under review...great, sounds like we are going to have to do this all over again next year :knvb:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL sent a memo stating that restructuring is under review...great, sounds like we are going to have to do this all over again next year :knvb:
Yes, it's going to get a lot messier before it gets sorted out. Playoff games, promo/relegation matches, you name it; it'll be all done in late June after the AGM when everyone is off on a soccer break. Ugly, ugly stuff coming. So much for working hard for that 2nd spot and the right to a playoff.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bergamacho have onother cookie, nice to hear from you.Yes VMSL will down size. That will bring the soccer up. Watcher and his trups are OK. They do have lots to prove. And Kenji was the best deffender as a youth player. Watcher is beginig to get the sence. It is to bad that Croatia will add onother side next year. They will be fighting for same players. Smart Coach just might move up next year. He has the best looking coach in town.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it's going to get a lot messier before it gets sorted out. Playoff games, promo/relegation matches, you name it; it'll be all done in late June after the AGM when everyone is off on a soccer break. Ugly, ugly stuff coming. So much for working hard for that 2nd spot and the right to a playoff.

Looks to me like the league still plans to promote 3 from Div 1:

DIV 1 PLAY-OFF GAME
Vancouver Olympics vs. Serbian White Eagles
South Memorial NE - Sat/ 2.00pm

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia vs Van Olympics this Saturday at South Memorial Park at 2:00PM Kickoff.

League wants to get this game done as soon as possible as we were hoping for it to go next weekend after the Olympics as most of our guys are working at different Olympic venues, we will see who actually is allowed to change shifts :S.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think mr base may be the ultimate poster. I only say this because every post just leaves you mindfcuked and wondering what just happened. He leaves you with the coles notes of a conversation you've never had and at the end of your read you're looking more confused than a hungry baby in a topless bar. Every read should come with a bottle of asprin.....my head hurts.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks to me like the league still plans to promote 3 from Div 1:

DIV 1 PLAY-OFF GAME
Vancouver Olympics vs. Serbian White Eagles
South Memorial NE - Sat/ 2.00pm

The game is on "in case" 3 teams go up. BUT, as mentioned by the Godfather, nothing is written in stone until after a bunch of meetings.
So keep the champagne at home until after the meeting(s).

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let 3 teams go up, just like the league mentioned it at the beginning of the year. Only one team should go down from Premier. 14 team Premier, and 14 team DIV 1 is the only fair way to go next year. This is the fallout of not having BCPL.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think mr base may be the ultimate poster. I only say this because every post just leaves you mindfcuked and wondering what just happened. He leaves you with the coles notes of a conversation you've never had and at the end of your read you're looking more confused than a hungry baby in a topless bar. Every read should come with a bottle of asprin.....my head hurts.

Awesome...just awesome :D Well in Cascade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0