Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robino.....I actually haven't seen the Olympics this season. I've reffed the Serbian team about 3 or 4 times but the team they put out against GN a few weeks ago was a completely different team from earlier in the season. It should be a dandy either way. So, if the Hurricanes win their last game, do they gain automatic promotion if it goes to the 14 team league?

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes they tied, I saw the game. I was very impressed with the Cliff ave side. Nothing to play for but spoilers and boy...did they play and with 11 players at that!

1st half Cliff Ave missed two amazing chances inside the 18 yard box, 1 where a man was able to get the ball to sit and strike and missed the net, and the other one the goalie made a good save. Olympics had a lot of chances but couldn't hit the net.
Cliff's goal came off a free kick? I think it was into the box and there was a small scramble and it was slotted into the net.

2nd half opened up a bit more, Olympics was able to get a goal out of no where as a 30-35yard strike was shot in skipped and just slipped under the keeper to get in the goal, not a pretty one but the surface was very slick. That got back Olympics back into it, but of course that wasn't enough as they could only Win.

Ref kept both teams well disciplined as it looked like it could get out of hands at one point.

One thing for sure was there were a lot of Punjab people on the far side of the field, you could tell when they scored. Especially at the end which consisted of a lot of jumping up and down and hugging. Given the history of Punjab I don't blame them, they've finally made it.

G - Serb
D - (not quite sure, I give the edge to Serbia)
M - Olympics
F - Very close..Olympics have some fast guys but Serbia are an offensive powerhouse themselves, edge to Serbia

Should be a very entertaining playoff match, any idea when it happens?

And regarding the "super league" or whatever they call it, from what I've heard is the promoted teams will be set in stone. And if anything happens premier will have a larger group this year with a large group of teams being relegated at the end of the season.

There is NO WAY they would make the 2 teams who won both divisions playoff, whoever told you that is completely wrong.

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robino.....I actually haven't seen the Olympics this season. I've reffed the Serbian team about 3 or 4 times but the team they put out against GN a few weeks ago was a completely different team from earlier in the season. It should be a dandy either way. So, if the Hurricanes win their last game, do they gain automatic promotion if it goes to the 14 team league?

Yes Hurricanes have finished 1st place.

Hurricanes won via forfeit as metroford couldn't field a team (again), the reason why is was made up in the first place was a combination of (metro ford having I think 7 guys? and a turf field being waterlogged)

Looked as if the entire team of Hurricanes was there on the sidelines.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Hurricanes on a job well done... they have a really good offensive team that could do some damage in premier if they pick up a few players... well deserved boys!!!... except for you Gary... fcuk off :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Hurricanes! :) As always, the most difficult thing to do anywhere around the world and especially after years of close calls. Well done, Gentlemen.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got a call from our coach saying that the vmsl called and they want to get the promotion game done asap and most likely it will be next saturday or sunday at 2:00pm, not sure about the location though.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should make it very interasting game, Olympics vs Serbia. Big brother playing little brother. It is just bad that one Balkan Kicker has to go home un happy after that game.
I hate to perdickt who will take this one. Tacticly I give it to Balshoy. Team play I give it to Olympics. It is up to you guys to let us know who to put some money on.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Watcher would like to congratulate the Hurricanes on their promotion. They are deserving recipients of the honor. I would also like to wish the unfortunate Olympics success in their promo match and Chile in their relegation match. All three of these teams are quality squads.:bronco::bronco::bronco:

It kind of sucks waiting for big cup matches while playing almost meaningless make up games. :confused::confused::confused:

I hope the once proud Primos now of Metro Ford don't default their meeting with the Train.:D:D:D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher it is nice to hear a posative words from you. Olympics are in for a darn tough game against Eagles. Chile is a tough side I think they will do OK.

Wazza10

Jan 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sporting Club 3-2 Green Devils

Huge win for us on saturday, the field the game was played on is absolute shite, has to be one of the worst fields in the league, the game had no flow to it whatsoever or maybe it was cuz both teams were shite:D Green Devils were up 2-1 with about 25 mins left, GN ties it up and then with about 2 mins left, the previous goalscorer crashes the net on a shot and their goalie fumbled it and he taps to the side to his teammate who then finishes into the open net, big win for us and now hoping Bombastic doesnt beat the top 2 teams on our side.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers with a walkover over Sporting - they had 5, maybe 6 guys show up. FFS, we had more players left over at our cooler by then. Sad to see.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No promotion game this weekend between us and Olympics as we were told that we would be playing next weekend which is fine with us as we have a bunch of guys working at various Olympic sites.

Oreo

Oct 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the hurricanes. well deserved first place. as far as olympics go, i don't think they have what it takes to go premier. chile deserve to stay div 1, good luck in the playoff.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the hurricanes. well deserved first place. as far as olympics go, i don't think they have what it takes to go premier. chile deserve to stay div 1, good luck in the playoff.

what's up with your picture?

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
No promotion game this weekend between us and Olympics as we were told that we would be playing next weekend which is fine with us as we have a bunch of guys working at various Olympic sites.

please keep us posted! definitely want to see that game

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers with a walkover over Sporting - they had 5, maybe 6 guys show up. FFS, we had more players left over at our cooler by then. Sad to see.

Yes, very frustrating. Particularly as we had asked the League to confirm with Sporting, who replied they would be showing up with a full squad. I can see some people not giving a shite about whether the other team shows up to a forfeited game, but your own players? How about do a head count and let your guys know. Just a thought. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0