Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All jokes a side. Polonia is div two team. Even with the players they have. To play in div one and do well you must have fifteen very serious guys . Must come out to play every game. Nine nothing simply tells you where the side is at.
Serbia still has a very tough game to play. Punjabi side is very skilled side. As far as skill could play in premier. But some guys do not show to all the games. Olympics are moastly players from Fiji and punjabi. They work very hard and have done well. Credit to Dino he has done a fine job even with everything he went through. Good luck to who ever goes up. I am sure there will be some money made and lost on that game. All it tells you Balkan is alive and kicking well.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 9 - Polonia 0

We knew that we had to come out strong against a Polonia side that had got some really good results the last few weeks. We came out and played one of our best games of the season and were up 4-0 at half on some really nice goals. At half we made some subs and even gave our back-up goalie a run upfront as we knew the game was over but scored more goals in the second half than the first. Final was 9-0 but their goalie made some really good saves otherwise it could have been worse. It was a huge game for us as our season was on the line and the boys played well.
Well we we got our asses handed to us on a platter last night.Serbia played a near perfect game last night the only mistakes they made were the 2 or 3 missed passes to one another.this was the worst lost in poloina's history,well as long as iv'e been on the team.They scored some great goals last night #14 scored a cracker from 20,25 yards out in the top cornner,the goal of the night out of many scored on us.We still have a chance to get to that playoff game just need alot of help and a win against the Green.d.Congrats to Serbia on there great game last night and on the promotion playoff game, good luck and if you play that game like last night no one will have a chance to beat you.Now i will try and get this nightmare out of my head and move on ,will not be easy to do.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we we got our asses handed to us on a platter last night.Serbia played a near perfect game last night the only mistakes they made were the 2 or 3 missed passes to one another.this was the worst lost in poloina's history,well as long as iv'e been on the team.They scored some great goals last night #14 scored a cracker from 20,25 yards out in the top cornner,the goal of the night out of many scored on us.We still have a chance to get to that playoff game just need alot of help and a win against the Green.d.Congrats to Serbia on there great game last night and on the promotion playoff game, good luck and if you play that game like last night no one will have a chance to beat you.Now i will try and get this nightmare out of my head and move on ,will not be easy to do.

Nightmare not over yet..:D
Looks like the press got a hold of this one:D
I saw this headline on one of the papers this morning:D

Attachments

• newspaper-1.jpg
    newspaper-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 83

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nightmare not over yet..:D
Looks like the press got a hold of this one:D
I saw this headline on one of the papers this morning:D
That is some funny ass shite.Well done.It just gets better and better.I can take the piss take on this one it's what happens when you play piss poor soccer like last night.actually we didn't play soccer last night we were just running after some blue guy's that were playing with this round thing but they wouldn't let us play with it.:confused:

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow 9-0 that makes for a very OFFENSIVE playoff game vs punjab, should be an entertaining one. When is the playoff game scheduled?

Oops hold that thought, didn't see Olympics still have to win vs cliff. Hope I can make it out to that game Friday night. If things don't fall their way, Punjab going to be really disappointed being 1 pt behind at the end of season considering they dropped points to some very low teams.

Anyone have any opinions on Olympics v Cliff? Do Cliff stand a chance? I've heard they've lost some key players but Cliff is always a talented squad, no?

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow 9-0 that makes for a very OFFENSIVE playoff game vs punjab, should be an entertaining one. When is the playoff game scheduled?

Oops hold that thought, didn't see Olympics still have to win vs cliff. Hope I can make it out to that game Friday night. If things don't fall their way, Punjab going to be really disappointed being 1 pt behind at the end of season considering they dropped points to some very low teams.

Anyone have any opinions on Olympics v Cliff? Do Cliff stand a chance? I've heard they've lost some key players but Cliff is always a talented squad, no?

Cliff has nothing to play for, fourth or fifth doesnt rally matter, they got themselves out of the relegation battle, I think Olympics takes this one way or the other, Dino knows Cliff well and they will pick apart a very unmotivated bunch.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That would be a GREAT game to ref. :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should be one hell of a game. Cliff needs to tie. Olympicks needs a win. Watching games so far I say two to one for Olympics. Again it is a dam tough game to perdict. Nerves will play part in this game. But all the same I think Dino and his guys will do it.
Some game, Balkan Boys vs Romans boys. I also think Gio has lots to prove. History in makings.

___1

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff doesn't need to tie. They cannot be relegated or promoted as said above. 6th place is taken by Chile. They are in the playoff spot. NK or Cliff probably don't care what happens in their next two games cause it doesn't matter

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Mr. Base was referring to them playing as the spoiler, Punjab would still have to win their game though. But since games are both at the same time pressure will be on Olympics regardless.

Serbia vs Punjab

Will be a hell of a match to watch.

Punjab has been a run and gun team earlier in the season but finally got their defensive game some what sorted out towards the end. They have been able to win every "big" game this season vs the likes of Olympics/Bingers. But then go figure they lost against Romania/Temple. Seems like these guys either play up to the level of the team they are against or style of game, or down to the level.

Serbia tight group of guys, lots of coaches behind them, always seem to have a full bench/sideline (from what I've seen). Serbia gave akal a very tough 2 games on paper 0-0 0-1, and posted 7 shutouts on the season showing they can and know how to play defence. Their record vs the team above them and below aren't convincing however, they are 1-1-2 vs punjab's 4-0-0, but I think Serbia MAY just be the favourite in this game since their last result was a very convincing 9-0. But I haven't made my mind up yet :p

And again on defence, Serbia's last 5 games they've let in a grand total of 1 goal. Where as Punjab as much as their defence has come together still seems to let some slip through with 8 goals in their last 5 games (not including sporting forfeit) but had 2 shutouts vs Binger's and Olympics, with goals concede from Hrvat/Temple (Loss) and Chile.

Expecting a win for Olympics tonight what do you think of Serbia v Punjab?

One things for sure, both teams can score goals with 54/55 GF each.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia vs Punjabi should go in to over time to decide. Both sides play well for div one. I give slight edge to Serbia if they score first. If not Punjabi side will be tough to beat. Serbia has a better centre mid than any other side. Punjabi side has two unbalivable ball players. Tacticly I give it to Serbia and coach balshoy. It will be moastly up to a ref to controll the game like that. Game like that could get out of hand. It means so much to both sides. Best of luck to both.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
they tied.......
Akal, Hurricanes and either the Olys or Serbs and you have a pretty shitty div. With the BCPL possibly being scrapped and having 14 teams in the premier for next year. I think they should drop 4 so that 2011-2012 only has 10 teams, which means at least 2 of these 3 teams at the least would go back to Div.1. This yr had a good premier side overall, next yr (not knoocking the new teams) will be more watered down like it was 2-3 years ago.
Lets take 2 steps back and see what happens.
Heard on the sideline that the 2 div 1 side winners may play each other to see who goes up as the powers to be may decide that only 1 team goes up-assuming the BCPL collapses and they want to keep the premier competitive- not sure if it was bs-but it did make sense

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If that is the case, then it creates Olympic - Serbia matchup.

Who will win? Captain S. as someone who has seen both teams what do you think? Goalie-D-Mid-Forwards - who do you give advantage?
G-Oly.
D-hmmm
M-hmmm
F-Serbia.
My pick is slight adv. to Olympics. I think Dino will prepare the team well. Coaching edge to Olympics.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont follow either team, but i Heardův the olys are protesting an illegal player. Not sure who as they all looked legit
goood Luck with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0