Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Champions League - food for thought

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,Ill be there. I do hope some of you show up or this will not fly.
I cannot be the only person involved.
We need contacts and people behind them.
Cheers.
7pm Bby 8rinks Pub
Thats tonight Monday the19th

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is my GUT feel...

Ghouse showed up, and maybe one other guy. That's it. I hope I'm wrong.

My gut feel is that Ghouse is once bitten twice shy now. I hope not.

I was not originally intending on attending this, but as the issue was discussed, I thought I could lend a hand in helping to lobby the right decision makers in the FVSL w/ some of the contacts I've been able to make over the years. I honestly don't think I'll have any involvement as a player when this comes to fruition, certainly not as a coach or manager. I'm just way too busy w/ business and especially my kids. But, I can help out in terms of lobbying the right people on the FVSL side.

Initial indications:

*Crafty (Delta, VMSL & FVSL Prem) indicated he’d support this, under the right circumstances (sanctioning from both leagues).

*Big Bag (Poco FC Club Pres) has stated his club would support. Big Bag also happens to be active President of the FVSL, though he wasn’t commenting on behalf of the league, just his club.

I have not spoken to anyone in LUFC of influence, but I do know LFC's motivation in the FVSL league is everything to do with having success at the Provincial level, and the high level competition vs. VMSL Premier teams would be a big attraction.

This can be done. Under the OCC banner, it is very attractive. Another local championship w/ some merit. I think Ghouse is the right man w/ the right motivation and energy for this right now, plus the skills.

Hoping he picks up the ball and runs w/ it, despite early indications of indifferent support.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope Ghouse doesn't quit this. He is an underrated member of the senior soccer community and a valuable member at that, now let me wipe that crap off my nose ;)

From all accounts Azzi will not support this, why?
I think if he had people from the likes of Columbus, Croatia, Inter, Firefighters etc walk in and say they wanted to compete he would have a difficult time saying no.

he is there to run a league and support the member teams that play under that flag, not make the decisions for them. I can't see how a tourney over the year with midweek games will hurt the VMSL or the FVSL, or RRSL, BMSA, VISL or any other league for that matter.

I'm sure that a group could be organised to leverage the VMSL into agreeing to support...I know I have nothing to do with that though...so someone needs to step up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I contacted LFC (1, 2, & 3) for his opinion on this. LFC (all three personalities) runs the LUFC Premier team, along w/ Nukes. Nukes claims to have no say, but he really is the Mark Messier of the team.

To quote LFC (1, 2, and 3):

"I have read the thread before. The reality in my opinion is that it does not really matter what I think until it is sanctioned by the two Leagues. I know (ed note: the President) well enough to know that he would support it from a FVSL standpoint and knowing the rest of the executive, doubt there would be a ton of opposition. So it really comes down to Azzi and the VMSL board.

From a club/Premier perspective, great idea. I would support it without question."

Again, above are the opinions only of LFC 1, 2, & 3. I'd like to hear what Messier, er... Nukes has to say, but I think he'd love the chance to nip at the heels of a Steve Millar, KNVB, or whoever happens along his center circle.

What does Blue Bird have to say about this, or the PAU boys?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your best bet for cracking the VMSL is to lobby the "competition committee" that Azzi had help him with divisional re-alignment this off-season, as they obviously have his ear.

From the threads on ttp, I think whataboutbob is on that committee, but I could be mistaken.

Cheers,
dezza

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps the VMSL heads think that there is allready a Champions League, The Provincial Cup, best 8 from VMSL, 4 from FVSL, and 4 from VISL. That sounds like Champions League to me, except it is not round robin.

Everyone is soo worried what Azzi thinks, but does he have the power to stop teams from playing in Tournaments through out the year, "sorry Westside, you guys can't go to Kamloops to play this summer".

If Ghouse was to hold a tournament, but over a length of time, how could anyone stop that, not even BC Soccer. The I-tal League, was called a tourney, thats how they got around paying any BC Soccer fees, I think.

Well, where is G?

hos

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meeting Minutes: 7pm Meeting Called to orderRoll CallRich Gabelhouse, Jay Harmer (applying for only paid position), Felicity Taylor(A Hot Blonde with props) OPen bar and unlimited food declared. Declared to wait 5 more minutes to see if anyone else will show up. First order of business, photos of the blonde. Motion to move to massage chairs. 3 Yays. The yays have it. Meeting moved to massage chairs. Short lived, after arrival of nachos. Meeting returned to table. Second order of business, discuss wages. $5000 per month tabled by Jay Harmer. "As the only one here with a laptop. I should get the job." Rich proposes to hot blonde. Voting put forward to hire Jay for the position of tournament operations manager. 3 yays. shutdown acbcfc.com, folding summer tournament. All resources moved to support new tournament, name tbd. Support to be sought from partcipants at this point on teams, organizations and potential sponsorships (Media, Beverage - Alcoholic/Non Alcoholic, Printing, Sports Shop or Cash Donation) Tournament to be single elmination, cup style play. First week of september, run all the way till end of march. Premier, Cat, Div 1 and selected div 2 and 3 times (by invite) to participate. Referees and linesmen ($100 per game) Field Suggestions - turf preferably Tournament rewards to be determined More specific play schedule to be listed. Meeting adjourned. Wedding to commence after and or during consummation

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I met this chick who was there to watch her boyfriend play indoor and I took her home so all was not waisted on the evening. Other than a cheeting girl,Nothing was done .
So......
Whats next.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say I had a few emails from guys who wished us luck and said they would not be coming but would be available for phone work and contacts.
I hate to say it but I knew no one would be showing up. I do want something to happen here but I really am tired of doing things myself.
I am willing to try again.
You all tell me as I am pooped.
The first year is the hardest,after we get this down it will be easy to repeat in the years to follow.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No not as of yet,we really didnt do anything,we were kidding on his salery.
We just had a few beers and went home,well i didnt but hey. If we can get a meeting together we can do something,But as of now Im kinda alone and I really dont want to do this alone

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What did you expect G-House?

Props to you for showing up and trying to make this happen.

Then you have clowns and Div 3 muckers like
JohnnyIamonTTP24hrsadayandcan'tplaysoccerBlueNose who say they will show up, get you to organize everything, and then state at the last minute they aren't coming. What a clown.

Dude has been doing his best to try and drum up some interest, props to him for that.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What did you expect G-House?

Props to you for showing up and trying to make this happen.

Then you have clowns and Div 3 muckers like
JohnnyIamonTTP24hrsadayandcan'tplaysoccerBlueNose who say they will show up, get you to organize everything, and then state at the last minute they aren't coming. What a clown.

Dude has been doing his best to try and drum up some interest, props to him for that.

I actually called Rich on his cell to let him know I wasn't going to be there you douche. You are dead on the screws about me being a mucker though.

What have you ever done for anything anyone else you twat? other than come on here and piss all over everyone else?

Did you or do you plan to volunteer to help with this tourney!? I have, and have committed to Rich that i will endeavor to help any way I can.

My team WILL be competing in this tourney next year, we are going to Div 2 and would have been one of the strongest in Div 2 had the league put us there in the first place. i would love nothing more than to go out on the field after winning our first game next year in this tourney and face you and your team, (What team was that by the way!? you have never ever brought up who you play for, a whole lot of keyboard ego and skill methinks...)

Keep up the good work TheBigiputahalfpoundofgelinmyhairandlaceupthesilverbootsandsitonthesidelinesofthevmslpremierDipper.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dipper,

I am disappointed for Ghouse and anyone else who likes and supports this idea.

Like I said, I'm happy to do my part so far as lobbying support. I can tell you with a lot of confidence that the FVSL would get enough votes to support this. I have no idea about the VMSL. One club that I spoke to would vote, under the right circumstances. I have no clue how many have been following this thread, that think it is a good idea, but are sitting on their hands right now.

I would think Columbus, after the trip East this summer, and having won Ghouse's summer tourney, would be on board. But, in scanning the names lurking here, I KNOW there are more than just two VMSL clubs following this.

Really, to write-up a “Concept” proposal (w/ contingencies) that can be circulated and put to vote w/ both leagues isn't that big a deal. Hell, I will even do it if Rich asks. It is something I can do in an evening, and pass along a master copy for future revisions. That stated, being sure he has the votes and support in place is highly important.

I think Ghouse has clearly identified the barriers, and has stated he was shot down in the past. That being said, I would argue that he may not have had the contacts, or this wonderful tool called TTP working for him.

As for "Who should do this". I have been completely honest: I can not invest any of my time beyond rallying people. You need somebody in this that has a vested interest. Ghouse does. Guys like Big Bag, LFC, Martin Foden, and Crafty Cockney might. You'd have to ask them. But they are only examples...there are, what 14 VMSL Premier teams, and 10 FVSL Premier teams? There must be somebody on one of those teams that likes this idea that would have a vested interest in it as a participant and can step up to the plate.

Not to call a duck a duck, but this is so typical of not only the TTP crowd (see Reg's last attempt to organize the golf tourney), but of the BC & Canadian Soccer scene in general: guys are willing to do what is best for them, and only what is best for themselves or their club. Typical, and I am not one fcuking bit surprised that I hear through the grapevine that this is a very good idea, yet none of the parties that would potentially be involved, interested, and influential (read: someone w/ a vote) can be god damn bothered to get a finger out.

All it takes is those members to put the bug in their Coach or club President's ear about this thread, read up, and send Ghouse an e-mail stating "Under the right circumstances and sanctioning, I would support this proposal". That's it! From there, hand out proposal, take the vote. Once a vote passes is when the real legwork starts.

Anyhow, I’d be a lot more cynical and disappointed if I were in Richs shoes myself.

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow....someone get Johnny under control!

This guys has some serious anger issues!

Then again, he commits to a meeting and bails out, so nothing surprises me about him! Shows alot about his character! I love his line about helping G-house in any way he can. My guess is he will bail again!

As for me, I know for a fact that I could get on board a couple of VMSL Premier teams, as well as a few Div 1 VMSL teams. G-House can PM and I can give him the details about the teams I can get aboard.

Dude, well put.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No shite sherlock- that's the problem, isn't it? Too many people sitting on their fingers, waiting to see if Ghouse is serious. Why the hell should he have to convince anyone he's serious? He ran a qualifying tourney and sent the winner back East this summer, didn't he?

Save the opinions of weather the tourney was fairly drawn or not (another debate, another thread, and quite frankly moot now that Ghouse has bought the lottery ball thing).

What I'm telling you is that you saying "Ghouse, send me an e-mail if you're serious, then I will tell you how I can help" is no different than Jonny telling Rich he'll show up, then not (just using you as an example Bluenose).

Pot meet kettle. Get off the pot, send him an e-mail.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0